rethinking transportation from MK parking to Magic Kingdom

Variable

MK and WDW sincerely NEED the TTC to buffer the massive hordes of guests at open/close. In particular, it is INCONCEIVABLE to imagine overcrowding the MK entrance with guests buying admission along with all those who currently have valid admission media. There simply is not sufficient space and capacity to handle the demand that would be generated by either closing TTC and/or filling in SSL for a "closer" parking lot.

Yes. Holding area on MK side and throughput at turnstyle are 2 important factors.

edit: sorry for the typos could have been worse

Last edited:

zengoth

It will be interesting to see how Disney handles increased security (everyone required to go through metal detectors) in the compact MK entrance area. The amount of people disembarking various transport (bus, boat, monorail) vastly outweighs the number passing through various checkpoints and turnstiles. And there's no way to expand the area. Perhaps this will lead to slowing down monorail trips and making people wait longer at TTC. Guests are already getting more and more irritable as the waits get longer.

21stamps

We had tiny umbrella stroller. Never a problem.
Once the kids hit 4, they walked.

Today strollers are enormous
I had no intention of using a stroller last year, the thought didn't even cross my mind. Then I got bombarded by friends and family who told me I would be absolutely stupid not to. So I did the pre pay rental at the parks. Best. Thing. Ever. It was so great to go land to land, especially since I'm a super fast walker and boarder line running to our next FP or Dining reservation. I don't know how I would have survived otherwise.lol. We left it parked in each land for a couple of hours, but at Epcot I wish I wouldn't have left it in Future World while we made our way around WS.

I don't want one this year, I'm hoping with the cool weather and shorter park hours that we'll be fine without it.

JohnD

Given the gator incident I don't see Disney putting in any sidewalks around the lake... Maybe more fences and a mine field or two but nothing that would make it more attractive and draw visitors closer to danger.

Fill in the lagoon. Pave it over. Gator and parking problems solved.

thomas998

Fill in the lagoon. Pave it over. Gator and parking problems solved.
I doubt Disney would be allowed to do that in today's world. I had an uncle that created a pond on his own land back in the 60's... Then in the late 90's he decided that it he didn't want it or the swampy area that it had created near the pond so he started having truck come in and fill it in.... Well he didn't get very far in the process when someone called the government and he was then told he couldn't fill in the pond and would need to remove the dirt he had put in it because it was impacting the "wetlands".

I expect those same problems would hit Disney if they tried to fill in the lake... In fact if Disney had tried to build Disney World today by filling in swamps in Florida they would probably not be allowed because the Wet Land protection act and other newer eco laws.

Brad Bishop

I expect those same problems would hit Disney if they tried to fill in the lake... In fact if Disney had tried to build Disney World today by filling in swamps in Florida they would probably not be allowed because the Wet Land protection act and other newer eco laws.

That and they probably wouldn't be allowed to create a lake. There's a kind of "everything must always remain exactly the same" thing with environmentalists.

TXDisney

I'm torn on this point. The pros to the current transportation is unless staying at a MK area resort you get to see the site of Bay Lake and the area hotels along with the park. I absolutely love the monorail or boat ride from the transportation station. It also allows everyone that pleasure whether staying onsite or offsite. The monorail is a staple for WDW. Now to some cons... You have to wait in line multiple times just to get to the park, which can be a pain in heightened times. Overall it isn't such a pain I think it's an issue.

Variable

I'm torn on this point. The pros to the current transportation is unless staying at a MK area resort you get to see the site of Bay Lake and the area hotels along with the park. I absolutely love the monorail or boat ride from the transportation station. It also allows everyone that pleasure whether staying onsite or offsite. The monorail is a staple for WDW. Now to some cons... You have to wait in line multiple times just to get to the park, which can be a pain in heightened times. Overall it isn't such a pain I think it's an issue.

We take the monorail between Epcot and Mk on occasion for these same reasons. Can be relaxing, nice views of the area.
Often taking the Resort instead of Express between MK and TTC can be easier. But many new comers don't realize they can do that.

Goofyernmost

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot. Good song there!
Torn? About what? There isn't a single thing in a Disney park that will not require some waiting in line for something. That will never change. Everyone can get all grumpy about the Monorail because it does have a wait usually as the result of it's popularity coupled with it's limited capacity (especially when scooters and other devises are put in the picture), but, the ferries are usually never more then about 5 to 10 minute wait and if you can see the boat, you will very likely be able to get on it. Hardly a wait at all. Nothing to the degree of frustration that is common with the Monorail and the buses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom