Reminder: Passholder Preview signup noon (EDT) today

TTA94

Well I was able to register... The system just messed up the date and itinerary I wanted during the first round :(. Was impossible to get ahold of them over the phone! I guess I should be happy with what I got though now that they are sold out.
Absolute insanity over this whole thing! as is always the case with AP events.. I hope they learned something from this but I highly doubt it!

SulleyanBoo

I tried since 11 am yesterday over and over again and then stopped when they announced to wait until 6 so then at 5:59 tried again until 9 pm and kept getting a message stating "we are busy with other passholders. Thank you for your patience" then finally got a message saying "SOLD OUT" I'm totally bummed but, I guess I'll just have to wait until we go back in December to see it. :mad::(

kittybubbles

So anyone think this would be a good time for WDW to test any next gen stuff as the conformation uses a barcode that is tied to your name/pass/birthdate and will be traded for a wrist band at TTC (just thinking about the large reader at the MK turnstiles I saw mentioned on this board as well as thinking a new ride would have been built w/ nextgen in mind?!?)

Has anyone figured out where we are supposed to get our wristbands for the preview? Do we really have to go to the Ticket and Transportation center? My fiance and I will be taking a bus from Saratoga Springs, do we really have to get dropped off at MK and then take a monorail to the Ticket and Transportation Center, then back to the MK? Any info would be much appreciated!

Vader2112

So anyone think this would be a good time for WDW to test any next gen stuff as the conformation uses a barcode that is tied to your name/pass/birthdate and will be traded for a wrist band at TTC (just thinking about the large reader at the MK turnstiles I saw mentioned on this board as well as thinking a new ride would have been built w/ nextgen in mind?!?)
I agree with you I had the same thought. Would be nice if they gave us Next Gen access for the rest of the park as part of preiew..

photoflight

nice of you to take a spot from someone even though you aren't sure you can't attend.

Whoa there sport, it's nearly a month away. If I get called to work the night before that's the way it goes. I've donated thousands of my own hard earned dollars and untold hours to supply the WDW fanbase with a continual run of aerial photographs of this site for the past year, now hoping I can do something special there. The only way I can afford to do that is to work whenever I can yet this is the attitude when I mention I hope I can make the date?

Makes me wonder why I bothered with it. I'll save my money next time.

Have a magical day.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Whoa there sport, it's nearly a month away. If I get called to work the night before that's the way it goes. I've donated thousands of my own hard earned dollars and untold hours to supply the WDW fanbase with a continual run of aerial photographs of this site for the past year, now hoping I can do something special there. The only way I can afford to do that is to work whenever I can yet this is the attitude when I mention I hope I can make the date?

Makes me wonder why I bothered with it. I'll save my money next time.

Have a magical day.

I think the vast majority of fans would agree that you certainly more than deserve a spot for all the effort that you have put in to providing us with the overheads. Hope it works out and you get to attend.

TTA94

I wonder if Disney will cancel the whole preview all together and just open the area officially sooner? I do not see how they could correct all the issues and angry APs otherewise! There was supposed to be a announcement on their FB page what they are going to do!

Vernonpush

I wonder if Disney will cancel the whole preview all together and just open the area officially sooner? I do not see how they could correct all the issues and angry APs otherewise! There was supposed to be a announcement on their FB page what they are going to do!

"Passholders, due to strong demand, we are working quickly to create additional New Fantasyland preview opportunities for you and will share more details by the middle of next week. Here is a note from Debbie Hart, the director of experience services here at Walt Disney World Resort.

Dear Passholders,

We are aware that some of you had difficulty in trying to sign up for a New Fantasyland preview earlier this week and appreciate your candid feedback. We understand how precious your time is and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

The demand for New Fantasyland has exceeded even our expectations and we are working quickly to create additional preview opportunities. We expect to be able to provide more details by the middle of next week via email, as well as at www.disneyworld.com/passholder and on this page.

We value the special relationship we have with you as passholders and want to assure you that we are committed to making every experience you have with us the best it can possibly be.

Sincerely,
Debbie Bellavia-Hart
Director, Guest Experience Services"

CP_alum08

"Passholders, due to strong demand, we are working quickly to create additional New Fantasyland preview opportunities for you and will share more details by the middle of next week. Here is a note from Debbie Hart, the director of experience services here at Walt Disney World Resort.

Dear Passholders,

We are aware that some of you had difficulty in trying to sign up for a New Fantasyland preview earlier this week and appreciate your candid feedback. We understand how precious your time is and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

The demand for New Fantasyland has exceeded even our expectations and we are working quickly to create additional preview opportunities. We expect to be able to provide more details by the middle of next week via email, as well as at www.disneyworld.com/passholder and on this page.

We value the special relationship we have with you as passholders and want to assure you that we are committed to making every experience you have with us the best it can possibly be.

Sincerely,
Debbie Bellavia-Hart
Director, Guest Experience Services"
I just saw this on facebook...what a load of BS!
1. Exceeded our expectations? Give me a break! They know all to well that when they announce something there is a huge demand. Didn't they JUST have this problem with BOG reservations!? People were on the phone for hours how did they think this would be different.

2. It said in numerous places that it was limited capacity, will fill up quick, bla bla bla. So when it did fill up quick people wined because they didn't get their way and look, they're getting their way!

3. This entire thing is just a perk of being a passholder. It's another clear-cut case of guests feeling entitled for no reason. This was something special disney was trying to do for its fans and I think it backlashed on them because people felt that they were entitled to a spot.

Don't get me wrong I think it's great that Disney is giving the opportunity to more people, but if they were going to make it available to everyone, why not just say so from the beginning and alleviate this mass confusion?

TTA94

Agreed! I think this whole preview thing is stupid! The area is open now just keep it open and skip all this nonsense! I hope they end up offering APs special merchandise at the event or something!

TTA94

So when will new dates happen? If they are before the 3rd then that will create a whole new problem with some APs being angry that they could have attended on a more convenient date Or if they wanted the very first time slot LOL.

This is in regards to all of the complaints I’ve been reading:
Everyone needs to take a collective chill pill and calm down. Let me break it down:

1) First of all nothing was ever guaranteed. From the get go everyone was told that there would be limited availability for the passholder preview. LIMITED AVAILABILITY. No where did they say that every single passholder who tried would be guaranteed entry into this event. So for all of you who complain how you’ve booked flights and vacations around an event you were never even guaranteed entry into, you really need to stop the nonsense.

2) Second the entire area has been opened since Friday October 12th. That’s right, every single day, since last Friday, hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people have gotten to experience basically every single aspect of New Fantasyland before you! Just because you’re a passholder, doesn’t guarantee you first priority entry into anything. Everyone who has really wanted to see this expansion has already seen it!

3) The entire area will open again for previews every single day just two short weeks after these “scheduled ap previews”. Two weeks is not a long time, especially since you can go walk around New Fantasyland right now! I assure you Disney laughs when they read this stuff. You’re signing up for a preview, after it’s already been open for previews, so that Disney can sell you some over-priced “limited” t-shirt, that you’ll end up seeing all over property a few weeks later.

4) Just because you’re an annual passholder does not mean you're different from any other guest who walks through the turnstiles. You are a guest who has just chosen to spend their money in a different way. There are guests who purchase a single day ticket and spend more money on one four day vacation then you would ever spend with your annual pass. Disney does not have to do anything. They choose to these previews because it’s a way to get even more money out of people who are going to go anyway. If you don’t like it, then don’t renew your annual pass! Believe it or not, annual passholders make up less than even half the guests.

Having said all that, there is NO EXCUSE for Disney’s shoddy web site and how they butchered and inconvenienced this whole process. Check your inboxes because Disney is apparently going to offer more sign up dates for passholder previews.

I am an annual passholder, I live in the area and I go to the Disney Parks several times a week. I’ve been able to experience New Fantasyland with all of my friends and family every single day since last Friday. I also have reservations at ‘Be Our Guest Restaurant’ for opening day, November 19th, another day that week and several other days for the next few months. I found it absolutely unnecessary to sign up for annual passholder previews, since I’ve been experiencing it daily.

Everyone will get to experience it soon. The point of even having previews is nonsense. The whole area has been open for nearly a week!

Vader2112

I logged into the AP site to book a room and found this note:

Dear Passholders,

The demand for New Fantasyland has exceeded even our expectations and we are working quickly to create additional preview opportunities. We expect to be able to provide more details by the middle of next week via email, as well as at www.disneyworld.com/passholder and on our Disney World Passholders Facebook page.

Sincerely,

Debbie Bellavia-Hart
Director, Guest Experience Services

experiment624

Agreed! I think this whole preview thing is stupid! The area is open now just keep it open and skip all this nonsense! I hope they end up offering APs special merchandise at the event or something!

they offer special merchandise through the passholder website only, nothing will be sold at MK...according to the passholder website.

freediverdude

I agree with some others- the land is already open, just keep it open and do away with the previews. I was able to get a preview reservation through the direct link, but I would not be upset if they just announced that because of all the problems they are just cancelling the previews and announcing that Fantasyland is now open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom