Refurbishments at same time!!! - CUSTOMERS AFFECTED

You agree with all refurbishments at the same time

• Total voters

BrianV

Bummed about SW and BTM being close when we are there too. (I confess I was always scared of the tree house…heights and all). But that is the way of things. By the way, I disagree with others. You are totally allowed to be upset that these rides are closed. However, as they say, the alternative is having them break down unexpectedly. Enjoy everything else instead. I and many here are very lucky to be able to go every few years and many people more frequently. But if it was a once in lifetime, I could see your disappointment, especially with iconic SW. Anyway, Enjoy!

Goofyernmost

Bummed about SW and BTM being close when we are there too. (I confess I was always scared of the tree house…heights and all). But that is the way of things. By the way, I disagree with others. You are totally allowed to be upset that these rides are closed. However, as they say, the alternative is having them break down unexpectedly. Enjoy everything else instead. I and many here are very lucky to be able to go every few years and many people more frequently. But if it was a once in lifetime, I could see your disappointment, especially with iconic SW. Anyway, Enjoy!
I don't think anyone is concerned that they were upset about them being closed. We all are if something we really want to do is closed, however, the real kicker is that they are calling for people to organize and force (tee hee) Disney to not shut them down for refurbishment. I don't care who you are... that's funny right there!

FettFan

I am taking my 4 year old cousin in August, and one of the rides I was planning was IASW. So, now it will be closed so I will move on to something else. Every trip there is something that is being worked on and I deal. I have gone in winter, spring, summer and fall and in each trip, SOMETHING I wanted to do was being refurbed. Some were my favorites, some were things I shrugged and said no biggie.

All in all, even with the closures, I had a great trip every time. I adjust.

Now if ALL of MK was closed in August, then I would be a bit peeved.

Just go on Gran Fiesta. It's pretty much IASW lite.

awilliams4

Hi guys!!

According to actual information between 22nd August 2016 ~ 15th September 2016 are planified the next refurbishments:
  1. it's a small world (MK)
  2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (MK)
  3. DINOSAUR (AK)
  4. Swiss Family Treehouse (MK)
are all going to be down at the same time.

Those who will travel to Disneyworld at that time we find very harmful; I open this thread for all affected us to come together to pressure managers. The solution is to phased the changes especially because the dates are scheduled is high season, they should phasing or move.

It's not normal, a lot of refurbishments at the same time.

Sorry but this is not a bad thing. Take it from a vet, if refurbishments aren't happening, then it is a bad thing.

wdwfan22

Hi guys!!

According to actual information between 22nd August 2016 ~ 15th September 2016 are planified the next refurbishments:
  1. it's a small world (MK)
  2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (MK)
  3. DINOSAUR (AK)
  4. Swiss Family Treehouse (MK)
are all going to be down at the same time.

Those who will travel to Disneyworld at that time we find very harmful; I open this thread for all affected us to come together to pressure managers. The solution is to phased the changes especially because the dates are scheduled is high season, they should phasing or move.

It's not normal, a lot of refurbishments at the same time.

It's happens at Disneyland all the time and it's now hopefully going to be happening at Walt Disney World. Refurbishments need to occur regularly. August is not a peak time so it's a perfect time to bring attractions offline.

Polydweller

This will be 26th straight year of going to WDW and I have yet to have a trip without some attractions being refurb, and usually at least two headliners. They have to do maintenance and they do it year round. I wouldn't be advocating less maintenance.

There are about 46 rides in WDW and depending on how you count them between 78 and 96 attractions (movies, shows, fireworks, art exhibits etc) and that's only in the 4 parks. Add in water parks, mini golf, golf, movies at the resorts, Disney Springs, Boardwalk the number is considerably higher. There is always lots to do and 4 things being under refurb is nothing to be concerned about.

Chef Mickey

LOL, what do you expect? Let me break this down for you:

1) Disney has a TON of attractions, so there will always be something down.
2) They've clearly been thoughtful in that the affected attractions are Small World (Kids attraction), Dinosaur (Separate park, thrill ride), Thunder Mountain (Thrill Ride, MK), and Tree House (Frankly, who cares?)
3) Dinosaur desperately needed the refurb.
4) They aren't taking 3 headline rides at one park down at the same time and if they are in the same park, it's for a different age group.
5) If they stopped doing refurbs, you'd complain things don't work and Disney is "slipping."
6) I think they should refurb every attractions twice/yr. Once for at least a few days to just clean thoroughly and get anything working that is a quick fix, and once for at least 2-3 weeks to do more major things.

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
I am all for safety (I'm the dork who buys the baby locks for baby shower gifts :p:rolleyes:), but I am bummed that BTMR is closed while I'm there in September. There's just something about riding both BTMR and Splash that add to the MK trip. Not upset with SW or Swiss being down. At least there's Fantasyland to keep me occupied. :)

JIMINYCR

It seems like any time we go theres something I'm missing out on, so I'm used to the disappointment. But I'd rather see the refurb done than see something get further in disrepair. I'd be bummed about missing rides on BTMRR and Dinosaur. Swiss Family Tree House isnt a big loss and it wouldnt bother me to do without IASW. Somebody's got to get the dates when things are down, you just got the bad timing for these.

Lirael

I don't like how people think not liking all the closed rides at the same time = omg you dont want refurbs EVER??

Refurbs are needed, some of these rides needed them a lot, but the issue is that wdw could at least have done some planning to avoid rides like BTM, Dinosaur and SW all closed at the same time. We have non-peak months where no popular ride is closed. Spread out those refurbs damnit.

Plus its not as if they announce these very far back, so its hard plan around them

invader

I don't like how people think not liking all the closed rides at the same time = omg you dont want refurbs EVER??

Refurbs are needed, some of these rides needed them a lot, but the issue is that wdw could at least have done some planning to avoid rides like BTM, Dinosaur and SW all closed at the same time. We have non-peak months where no popular ride is closed. Spread out those refurbs damnit.

Plus its not as if they announce these very far back, so its hard plan around them
They're opening new offerings before closing these attractions for refurb. They did do some planning.

blueboxdoctor

I mean, it's a pain if you are there at that time (especially with it still being hot out, so crowds that may have split between splash and thunder mountain are all now at splash) but ultimately, I'd rather have them hit a bunch of attractions at once instead of having a lot of downtime throughout the year, just get it all out of the way in one period of time.

At least for me, the treehouse and dinosaur aren't any big losses, though, I do know dinosaur has a pretty dedicated fan base.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Poor Swiss Family Treehouse, not getting the love in this thread :p I look forward to climbing it each trip, as it is a sentimental favorite.

But I do agree with all of the others...you are overreacting.

For several years, I went in January, so didn't get to ride Splash. It is what it is.

JohnD

Poor Swiss Family Treehouse, not getting the love in this thread :p I look forward to climbing it each trip, as it is a sentimental favorite.

But I do agree with all of the others...you are overreacting.

For several years, I went in January, so didn't get to ride Splash. It is what it is.

I like to climb it for the view. The tree itself, meh.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
I like to climb it for the view. The tree itself, meh.

When I was little, that is one of the Disney movies we would request to rent on Friday nights most often, and I wanted desperately to live in that Treehouse for real. So it has so much nostalgia to me. Honestly one of the most magical things for me in all of MK.

JohnD

When I was little, that is one of the Disney movies we would request to rent on Friday nights most often, and I wanted desperately to live in that Treehouse for real. So it has so much nostalgia to me. Honestly one of the most magical things for me in all of MK.

Understand. But today, children and millenials would say, "Who?"

Magenta Panther

And how would you feel if the ride you're counting on is in terrible shape? AAs frozen in place? Sound popping in and out? Or you get stuck in Small World and hear that song over and over for 20 minutes?

I get it that refurbs can be disappointing - one time I took a trip to WDW and Pirates was down all during my stay (at least it was down all of the times I could get over to the Magic Kingdom)...but rides like WDW's take a lot of maintenance, after all. I'd rather they be closed from time to time for maintenance so that they remain in tip-top shape rather than allowed to go to seed just because of ride capacity. If you miss out on an attraction during your trip, well, then you can look forward to experiencing it the next time you visit. The only time to really get upset is if something cool is shuttered for good. I never did get to experience The Adventurer's Club...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom