Refurbishments at same time!!! - CUSTOMERS AFFECTED

You agree with all refurbishments at the same time

• Total voters

Javier Antonio Nisa Avila

Original Poster
Hi guys!!

According to actual information between 22nd August 2016 ~ 15th September 2016 are planified the next refurbishments:
  1. it's a small world (MK)
  2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (MK)
  3. DINOSAUR (AK)
  4. Swiss Family Treehouse (MK)
are all going to be down at the same time.

Those who will travel to Disneyworld at that time we find very harmful; I open this thread for all affected us to come together to pressure managers. The solution is to phased the changes especially because the dates are scheduled is high season, they should phasing or move.

It's not normal, a lot of refurbishments at the same time.

Nmoody1

Hi guys!!

According to actual information between 22nd August 2016 ~ 15th September 2016 are planified the next refurbishments:
  3. DINOSAUR (AK)

Those who will travel to Disneyworld at that time we find very harmful; I open this thread for all affected us to come together to pressure managers. The solution is to phased the changes especially because the dates are scheduled is high season, they should phasing or move.

There will be plenty more for you to do. The other alternative is Disney don't refurbish attractions (being a 365 day business, it's always going to affect soneone!). If attractions don't get proper refurbishments then show quality dwindles even more, and your SAFETY is affected. I'm sure you would be ready to contact a lawyer if, god forbid, something went wrong and you were injured.

There will always be refurbishments, be an adult about it and realise that! Walt Disney World isn't YOURS! it's a place for everyone to enjoy.... just remember when you ride SOARIN' at EPCOT, that was closed from January to May this year during many people's vacation. I'd be more annoyed at missing SOARIN' than Swiss family tree house!

Jon81uk

The only complaint would be BTM and SW being down at the same time. Swiss Family is a minor attraction. But these things happen. I am going in September and upset that I won't get on BTM for another six years. Also the Small World refurb is only three weeks. unlucky that it coincides with your dates but its not a lengthy amount of downtime like BTMR.

Last edited:

Bolt

Hi guys!!

3. DINOSAUR (AK)

Seriously? It's 4 of them and that's including Swiss Family. This doesn't seem like a lot at all - that's an average of ONE a park...

JassiSidhu2000

You should see the state of Disneyland Paris if you think it's bad in Orlando.

On a positive note you will have Frozen open, Nighttime safari, new Soarin, the Kong Attraction open in Universal. So swings and roundabouts.

But you are rite, it would be better if they spread these closures about a little. But the period you are going is the quietest time in Orlando, so the pay off you get for no queues is you will find some attractions down.

makesmewonder

I can usually deal with multiple refurbs, but I just don't understand how they can schedule a refurb for Dinosaur the same summer they're trying to convince people that AK and his few rides can be a full day park. Dinosaur is the second headliner of AK, and one of the few thrills rides available at Disney World. Animal Kingdom will only have 5 rides (if you count Primeval Whirl) available this summer, but his hours are extended as much as for the Magic Kingdom. For me, this refurb at that time of the year is a huge mistake.

margybear

It has to happen. Honestly I'm missing BTMR and Dinosaur too. Gutted because my BF hasn't been to Florida before so he'll miss them. But if the refurbs fix the state the rides are in, I'd rather they closed it. It's much better in the long run! And there are still so many attractions which will still be up and running too! :)

JDL30

Wow - you'd hate it at Disneyland Paris this year - Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Space Mountain, Peter Pan, Star Tours, Railway, Backlot Tour, Rock 'N' Rollacoaster - down at various times, mostly at the same time - and that's a resort with only 2 parks.

Lesson is either don't book, or move your holiday to a better time, or learn to appreciate other rides and experiences. Also the maintenance is pretty important to do - plenty of people call Disney out when they don't do it, then cry when they do. Not a huge Disney defender (I love them, but refuse to let my life get tangled in knots over a themepark) but they can't seem to win either way when you operate a park 365 days a year

Bartattack

Wow - you'd hate it at Disneyland Paris this year - Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Space Mountain, Peter Pan, Star Tours, Railway, Backlot Tour, Rock 'N' Rollacoaster - down at various times, mostly at the same time - and that's a resort with only 2 parks.

Lesson is either don't book, or move your holiday to a better time, or learn to appreciate other rides and experiences. Also the maintenance is pretty important to do - plenty of people call Disney out when they don't do it, then cry when they do. Not a huge Disney defender (I love them, but refuse to let my life get tangled in knots over a themepark) but they can't seem to win either way when you operate a park 365 days a year

Yep...Disneyland Paris is a mess at the moment. I warned a lot of my friends and family last year to wait until DLP 25th anniversary to make a visit. But then they got a 45% discount on their hotel and went anyway.....and were disappointed. 'construction wall, the ride'!

just look at this refurbishment calendar:
http://www.dlpguide.com/calendar/closures-refurbishments/

Biff215

I can usually deal with multiple refurbs, but I just don't understand how they can schedule a refurb for Dinosaur the same summer they're trying to convince people that AK and his few rides can be a full day park. Dinosaur is the second headliner of AK, and one of the few thrills rides available at Disney World. Animal Kingdom will only have 5 rides (if you count Primeval Whirl) available this summer, but his hours are extended as much as for the Magic Kingdom. For me, this refurb at that time of the year is a huge mistake.
Second headliner? Not exactly, but fair enough if it's a favorite of yours. Unfortunately this attraction always seems to need some love, so keeping it open nonstop like the safari or Everest just isn't possible. They tend to keep AK to one refurb at a time, so Disney does recognize the problem with this park. It's why Avatar is on the way and the poor yeti has never been fixed.

No Name

3 rides, 4 things down? Oh the horror! I've never seen that much down at once! :rolleyes:o_O

Perhaps they should've scheduled the refurbishments for a more busy and crowded time of year? LOL, no. September has relatively very low crowds, and so that is the best time to do the most refurbs. You get lower lines in exchange for fewer rides. I get that you don't like things being down, the truth is, I don't either. I'm not a huge fan of refurbs like some others here. It's just that 4 things is really not a lot.

Plus, during that horrid time you are complaining about, Soarin, Frozen, and the AK nighttime stuff will all be open. Plus whatever is under refurbishment right now (too lazy to check). You may even get to see Rivers of Light! All stuff that people going there today aren't experiencing.

So there will likely actually be more to do then than there is now. Point destroyed. Boom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom