Reflections of Earth improvements including new lasers

TimeTrip

They looked good, a little overpowered. They has the island and american Lasers on (didn't see the others) I would actual tell them to remove the island laser during that. I wonder if you could dim a laser?

I took some video, but not much since my battery was low.
Interesting to note that on Sundays show, I thought the AA laser had konked out. Instead I think it was just that there was too much smoke and it couldn't penetrate all of it. For the second half of the show it looked weak. Then after the show, there wasn't any writing on spaceship earth until the smoke cleared out. I guess there's a first time to see everything...

Crazydisneyfanluke

Interesting to note that on Sundays show, I thought the AA laser had konked out. Instead I think it was just that there was too much smoke and it couldn't penetrate all of it. For the second half of the show it looked weak. Then after the show, there wasn't any writing on spaceship earth until the smoke cleared out. I guess there's a first time to see everything...
There was a lot of smoke in the air that night. I couldn't see any light from the Italy and Germany pavilions.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I guess the solid state lasers get blocked from to much smoke, that's kind of weird because with the old lasers the more smoke the better. I remember one of the mirror beams off of china were so close it looked almost as if we could touch them. Good thing they have the eco friendly fireworks or we would be out of luck.

Last edited:

Sage of Time

Sundays show was a write off visibility-wise. Zero wind and low humidity meant the smoke just wouldn't clear.

Speak for yourself! I viewed the show from Canada and was blown away by what I saw! No inferno that night (or tonight, from what I heard from a friend) but the new effects are amazing. Whips! Bars! Fans! CIRCLES during chaos! Waves when the Earth barge lights up. It's WONDERFUL.

There's no longer a dull moment in RoE, so all those complaints about the middle portion of the show being too slow are really moot.

So happy.

Also, heard that there are lasers (new, tonight?) on CommuniCore? Can't verify, save for what a friend told me.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Speak for yourself! I viewed the show from Canada and was blown away by what I saw! No inferno that night (or tonight, from what I heard from a friend) but the new effects are amazing. Whips! Bars! Fans! CIRCLES during chaos! Waves when the Earth barge lights up. It's WONDERFUL.

There's no longer a dull moment in RoE, so all those complaints about the middle portion of the show being too slow are really moot.

So happy.

Also, heard that there are lasers (new, tonight?) on CommuniCore? Can't verify, save for what a friend told me.
I know when i was there Sunday, they started setting up for New years eve. (Extra bathrooms by Canada, and light poles in innovations plaza)

Donald96

So happy.

The inferno barge was active again on Monday, and I'm not sure about the Communicore lasers as I watched the show from UK but I don't think they were operating if they were there.

I agree about no more dull moments, if all the lasers are working (they still seem to be a little buggy) then the entire show is just one breath taking experience, as it rightfully should be.
I'm particularly fond of the waves.

Sage of Time

[

The inferno barge was active again on Monday, and I'm not sure about the Communicore lasers as I watched the show from UK but I don't think they were operating if they were there.

I agree about no more dull moments, if all the lasers are working (they still seem to be a little buggy) then the entire show is just one breath taking experience, as it rightfully should be.
I'm particularly fond of the waves.
Interesting about the barge. I wonder why it wasn't out on Sunday. I never even saw it in the lagoon.

And yes, the waves are pretty great. Very subtle and fitting for that moment in the show/
No. Your friend either mistook the syncro lights for lasers or saw temporary NYE lighting.
I can't speak for her, but her exact words were "Lasers AND syncrolights from CCore" so I kinda doubt that. She knows her RoE. :)

THEMEPARKPIONEER

The inferno barge I imagine has to be up to par and they can't make any mistakes, one leaky valve will leave it down for the count until it's fixed and up to par

Sage of Time

Apparently, last night's show was very different from what I originally saw, too? Another friend reported different colors and shapes.

And I still haven't seen a youtube video of exactly what I saw in Chaos.

@marni1971- are they still programming? When does all this wrap up and the show has a consistent litany of laser effects?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Apparently, last night's show was very different from what I originally saw, too? Another friend reported different colors and shapes.

And I still haven't seen a youtube video of exactly what I saw in Chaos.

@marni1971- are they still programming? When does all this wrap up and the show has a consistent litany of laser effects?
I believe the new effects are still being plussed. There was a date the hardware had to be all installed by. As for what it does I think that's an ongoing project. It helps with more power and creativity being given at a local level as opposed to having to run everything via corporate and higher management over the last few years.

Basically those on the show know the show. Let them improve it.

The "circles" you describe during chaos... I'm pretty sure they were part of the legacy programming. Just not usually visible.

Sage of Time

I believe the new effects are still being plussed. There was a date the hardware had to be all installed by. As for what it does I think that's an ongoing project. It helps with more power and creativity being given at a local level as opposed to having to run everything via corporate and higher management over the last few years.

Basically those on the show know the show. Let them improve it.

The "circles" you describe during chaos... I'm pretty sure they were part of the legacy programming. Just not usually visible.
I'm REALLY glad that they're taking this approach to letting the techs work on the show and make it better. That allows for it to be fine tuned to what EPCOT needs as a whole, not just what Disney thinks EPCOT needs.

I wonder how Don Dorsey and the other show creators feel about this method, though. hahah.

And the circles are more like... ripples... in the laser stream. Imagine a green triangular fan, and then a red circle growing out of the middle. I've never seen anything like it. Came from AA, Mexico, and a Germany Island Laser.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom