Reflections of Earth improvements including new lasers

msteel

Bets on part of the narration change to remove/update "peace on earth, good will to men" in order to be politically correct?

So many Americans have no clue how grammar works.

Change Peace on Earth to "Peace on Earth, goodwill to all".
In some languages, the word "all" would have to be either masculine or feminine. What do those countries do!

But actually, the entire phrase should be taboo for the politically correct (but not for me), because of its source...

TimeTrip

I was not expecting this to show the new lasers very well based on the description and the blurry/shakycam nature, but parts of it definitely show the improvements.

NOTE: The soundtrack audio is quite a bit ahead of the visuals...

Last edited:

Sage of Time

I was not expecting this to show the new lasers very well based on the description and the blurry/shakycam nature, but parts of it definitely show the improvements.

NOTE: The soundtrack audio is quite a bit ahead of the visuals...

FRUSTRATINGLY shaky, but WOW those lasers. <3

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hopefully we will get a full show video of the finished product soon. Up to now the project has either been shot incomplete or has managed to capture lasers stops probably due to aircraft in the vicinity. Happens a lot this time of year with extra private flights in the area.

Sage of Time

Hopefully we will get a full show video of the finished product soon. Up to now the project has either been shot incomplete or has managed to capture lasers stops probably due to aircraft in the vicinity. Happens a lot this time of year with extra private flights in the area.
Ahh, so that's why the lasers cut out, then? Sheesh. I'm amazed that these things are done at the drop of a hat. Doesn't Disney get much say in their show integrity?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ahh, so that's why the lasers cut out, then? Sheesh. I'm amazed that these things are done at the drop of a hat. Doesn't Disney get much say in their show integrity?
Disney may be Disney but the FAA has more say when it comes to aircraft safety. You can warn aircraft about laser usage but if they fly where they're allowed to regardless of a warning on a chart then safety trumps show.

IllumiNations used to have a particular beam from America that shot right over the roof of the Contemporary. Looked great from Top of the World but it tended to stray much too far, potentially towards anything flying off property and minding it's own business North of the perimeter.

Sage of Time

Disney may be Disney but the FAA has more say when it comes to aircraft safety. You can warn aircraft about laser usage but if they fly where they're allowed to regardless of a warning on a chart then safety trumps show.

IllumiNations used to have a particular beam from America that shot right over the roof of the Contemporary. Looked great from Top of the World but it tended to stray much to far.
Ah, so it's based on if the plane makes a mistake and decides to fly too close to EPCOT. I thought it was overtly intentional. Interesting.

Cool about the laser over Contemporary. What part of the show?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ah, so it's based on if the plane makes a mistake and decides to fly too close to EPCOT. I thought it was overtly intentional. Interesting.

Cool about the laser over Contemporary. What part of the show?
Not so much a mistake (though that is another reason) - FAA charts warn about laser activity in the area but if a pilot ignores the warning the beams don't stop at 3000ft.

As for the 88 show I don't recall. I just remember being at Top of the World in 1993 and seeing it shoot over our heads.

Sage of Time

Not so much a mistake (though that is another reason) - FAA charts warn about laser activity in the area but if a pilot ignores the warning the beams don't stop at 3000ft.

As for the 88 show I don't recall. I just remember being at Top of the World in 1993 and seeing it shoot over our heads.
Oh, how cool. Wish they could get away with that. I remember being a kid in Future World in the 90s and seeing the lasers cut patterns overhead. Amazing how much of a downgrade the tech took in 99 for RoE's multicolored lasers.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Certainly not the greatest video. Its from a cell phone (suffering from vertical video syndrome to make things worse) and it only shows Home and some of Celebration, but it gives a pretty good idea of the new fan effect for Home.

It just sounds so wrong without the sperm fireworks. Those have been out a while though right? I can't keep up these days, been away too long

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It just sounds so wrong without the sperm fireworks. Those have been out a while though right? I can't keep up these days, been away too long
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom