News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

TTA94

But what about through the new World Celebration area? Not necessarily a full blown parade but something like a Tapestry/Street Party?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 Do you know if, when these new areas get featured on the map Epcot offcially will no longer be about the future? Any ideas of a cohesive theme or just MK 3.0?
Epcot stopped being about the future just over two years ago. October 1 to be precise. Personally I think cohesive theme is out the window but it has been for quite a while.

MatheusPG

Epcot stopped being about the future just over two years ago. October 1 to be precise. Personally I think cohesive theme is out the window but it has been for quite a while.

Sad to hear that... My first visit was in 2008, when i was really young. Clearly, i never got to experience the park that carried the all of the true values of Walt's dream, but even so i used to go home feeling really inspired and dreaming about the future. I didin't know that the 35th was the day that it stopped being about the future, but after that day i definitly started to feel less inspired and transported to a place like no other.

Josh Hendy

'Scuse my dumbness but ...

"HarmonioUS"

What does that mean?

"Harmonio-United States"

or

"Harmonio-we, us, the people"

Pretty lame either way. I'm a native English speaker and I don't get it or appreciate it. Foreign visitors might be scratching their heads ... if they even notice the capitalization.

But it does make the person who came up with "Regal Eagle" seem genius in comparison 😉

"

trainplane3

"HarmonioUS"

What does that mean?

"Harmonio-United States"

or

Pretty lame either way. I'm a native English speaker and I don't get it or appreciate it. Foreign visitors might be scratching their heads ... if they even notice the capitalization.

But it does make the person who came up with "Regal Eagle" seem genius in comparison 😉

"
Apparently it's been tweaked to just be Harmonious.

Spicy personal opinion:
I'm excited for the tech in the show. Really can't find a crap to give about anything else for it. I'll go to MK to see a character filled show. Or just put on a DVD if I want to hear the same old songs blasted at me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

"HarmonioUS"

What does that mean?

"Harmonio-United States"

or

"

Originally, "us" the people (of the world).

RSoxNo1

I feel that historically it's been about Discovery and the evolution of humankind more than Futurism. Even the attractions that looked towards the future (SSE, Horizons, World of Motion) were all variations of a history lesson as well as the "where are we going".

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I feel that historically it's been about Discovery and the evolution of humankind more than Futurism. Even the attractions that looked towards the future (SSE, Horizons, World of Motion) were all variations of a history lesson as well as the "where are we going".
The cohesive theme of Futureworld was the future. From the architecture and design all the way to the signage, lighting, cast costumes and landscaping.

I guess the clue was in the name.

Steve2753

Slightly off-topic but what if instead of replacing reflections of earth , Disney decided to re imagine the show by adding new barges with new fountains , more lasers,more searchlights,a new earth globe where the screen wrapped the entire earth globe like this
images (6).jpeg
and hire hans zimmer to rescore the entire soundtrack.
just imagine how epic the soundtrack (especially chaos) would have been if hans zimmer re scored it

surfsupdon

I still miss my Illuminations. It also was such a perfect name.

I am hoping Harmonious will be so much better than Epcot Forever, and that it’s focus remains as a fireworks show! After all, it’s the fireworks that allow your local Resorts to charge premiums on specific rooms, not bc of projections.

pxmedia

Not sure how long the torches around the lagoon will be out, but they were missed when we were at EPCOT two weeks ago. We saw them one night on (working) and two nights off. It makes a barely watchable show even more uninteresting. Plus, without them running during the 30 minute pre-show, it's a big loss for the hype of what is to come. I know they are coming back in some form, but it's a reminder of just how perfect Illuminations was in so many ways for EPCOT, which it why it was around for 20 years. Also, I noticed the "messy" World Showcase lagoon upon entering World Showcase each day. Looks like your kid's room when they never pick up their toys. It's just clutter on the water. The more "permanent" mini-barges ruin so many great photos shot from across the lagoon. Another big miss on Disney's part. "They're tourists, what do they know?" Finally, can we talk about the kid's voicing the announcements? I think that might one of the biggest missteps Disney made with the change from Illuminations to EPCOT Forever. Rant over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom