Refillable Mugs

tigsmom

symon said:
How big are the refillable mugs at the resorts? My kids don't need a lot of soda at a time, could they share?
They run between 12 and 16 ounces depending on the style. The kids could share one if you want, but we always look at them as a souvenir so we get 4 new ones each time. We usually go thru 2 fillups/meal each and also again in the evening.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

When you get your souvenir mug home, you will find that a 12 oz can of beverage fits in it perfectly.

In addition to the carbonated and non-carbonated Coke products at the fountain, you can use the cup for coffee, hot tea, and hot chocolate.

You cannot use it for any beverage already in a container such as a bottle of orange juice or carton of milk.

Upvote 0

daverube

I find the mugs are only worthwhile if you plan to spend a lot of your time in your resort....its all ecomonics....

We usually eat in the park and use the resort for sleeping, so no mugs for us...

Upvote 0

col

SpenceMan01 said:
Are the mugs just for pop/soda, or can you use them for any beverages at the grab and go restaurants?

you can fill them up with:
soda (coke,diet coke, minute maid,sprite,fanta)
hot chocolate
tea
coffee
slush

any drinks really but the minute maid is in the form of lemonade but i think it said something about being low-cal.

Upvote 0

PBarton

symon said:
How big are the refillable mugs at the resorts? My kids don't need a lot of soda at a time, could they share?
Not big enough! I have made many trips to the ALL Star Movies food court in my time! And it is a long walk from some of the rooms, I always seemed to be just finishing my mug as I reached our hotel room door....

:lookaroun :brick:

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

daverube said:
I find the mugs are only worthwhile if you plan to spend a lot of your time in your resort....its all ecomonics....

We usually eat in the park and use the resort for sleeping, so no mugs for us...
Well the mugs are $12. Drinks in the parks (admittedly bigger) cost $2.09 I believe. So if you plan on filling your mug more than 6 times or so, you are saving money. I would never get a mug for a really short visit, but since most of my visits average a week, it's a great value.

Upvote 0

Lefty

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Well the mugs are $12. Drinks in the parks (admittedly bigger) cost $2.09 I believe. So if you plan on filling your mug more than 6 times or so, you are saving money. I would never get a mug for a really short visit, but since most of my visits average a week, it's a great value.

You can use the mugs in the park?

Upvote 0

tigsmom

PBarton said:
Not big enough! I have made many trips to the ALL Star Movies food court in my time! And it is a long walk from some of the rooms, I always seemed to be just finishing my mug as I reached our hotel room door....

Doesn't matter where we stay the mugs are empty before we make it back to the room. Thats why we fill up and drink at the snack bar. Then refill and bring it back to the room.

Upvote 0

col

bottles of soda in the parks cost $1.89 then add tax and its $2.00.

get a 24oz. bottle of water from the resort food court and they cost $2.00 -thats all you pay.

Upvote 0

Kwit35

PBarton said:

Which is exactly why I like them. They give me the perfect excuse to get away from the group and enjoy a leisurely walk to and from (getting my soda) all alone. I love strolling past the animals at AKL and of course by the time I have seen the animals, I am ready to refill again for the walk back to the room.

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

They are refillable for the length of stay. I usually have 1-2 cups of coffee each morning...and in the evening, after coming back from the parks...I take a walk to the food court and have 1-2 lemonades each evening.

I'd say I get my money's worth...

and it's a nice souvenier, which I use at home.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Get both kids the cup that way you have more "carrying capacity" back to your room for later. Plus if they are like most kids each will want their own. I always print out the names of everyone before we leave home on one of those Dymo labelmakers that way everyone knows who's cup is who's and you wont get the root beer mixed up with the coke and diet coke everytime you "buy" a round for everyone at your table....LOL

Another hint...at breakfast if you like pancakes and hate to fight the little 1 oz syrup cups ask for a cup for the milk or OJ. Then fill it up (not literally, just as much as you would use at home) and skip trying to carry 5 of the little ones back to your table.

Another Another Hint...Take your refillable mug when its empty, flip it over and pop off the bottom. Take either 5 of 10 bucks and slip it inside, that way you will always have some cash for that unexpected snackwhen you just happen to walk for that refill in the afternoon and for get your wallet. Yes you will forget eventually! This is also a good place to hide money when you hangout by the pool.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Too bad you can't use them at Pleasure Island. :lookaroun

"Hey, bartender:dazzle: .How about some more of that Long Island Tea??" :lol:

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Brian Skinner said:
Another Another Hint...Take your refillable mug when its empty, flip it over and pop off the bottom. Take either 5 of 10 bucks and slip it inside, that way you will always have some cash for that unexpected snackwhen you just happen to walk for that refill in the afternoon and for get your wallet. Yes you will forget eventually! This is also a good place to hide money when you hangout by the pool.

Forgetting your wallet while at Disney World? They don't immediately kick you out for doing that?

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Brian Skinner said:
Get both kids the cup that way you have more "carrying capacity" back to your room for later. Plus if they are like most kids each will want their own. I always print out the names of everyone before we leave home on one of those Dymo labelmakers that way everyone knows who's cup is who's and you wont get the root beer mixed up with the coke and diet coke everytime you "buy" a round for everyone at your table....LOL

Another hint...at breakfast if you like pancakes and hate to fight the little 1 oz syrup cups ask for a cup for the milk or OJ. Then fill it up (not literally, just as much as you would use at home) and skip trying to carry 5 of the little ones back to your table.

Not all mugs have the pop off bottom, but I like that idea! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

tigsmom said:
Not all mugs have the pop off bottom, but I like that idea! :sohappy:

That is a really neat idea! I cant tell how many time I simply walk over "just for some lemonade" and would want to buy a snack but dont have any money. Great idea!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom