Refillable Mugs

tigsmom

surfsupdon said:
That is a really neat idea! I cant tell how many time I simply walk over "just for some lemonade" and would want to buy a snack but dont have any money. Great idea!

I never carry money, but always have my room key with charging on it, the kids do too. Would be nice to use the cash instead. The WL's mugs don't have bottoms that pop off, but the Poly did, the Boardwalk too, if I remember correctly.

Its definately an idea to keep!

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Brian Skinner said:
Get both kids the cup that way you have more "carrying capacity" back to your room for later. Plus if they are like most kids each will want their own. I always print out the names of everyone before we leave home on one of those Dymo labelmakers that way everyone knows who's cup is who's and you wont get the root beer mixed up with the coke and diet coke everytime you "buy" a round for everyone at your table....LOL
Great idea. One year while traveling with a group of 10 we bought a pack of stickers and each one picked a sticker to use as their mug identifier, names would have been much easier.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I believe the "older" style mugs, which are larger in size, but hold slightly less liquid, have the pop-off bottom. The style that can fit into a vehicle's cup holder does not, but I found it holds a little more than the other one. So we always get those mugs, now, if given a choice (only one style at SSR when we were there).

And I like the idea of stashing a few $$$'s in the mug!

Upvote 0

justducky78

We always use them by the pool - lemonade! I'm an adult and find them plenty big.

I like the idea of popping off the bottom to store cash - do the mugs at the Yacht Club have the pop-off bottom?

**I also have a tip - bring the "Dawn Wash & Toss" dish pads along so you can wash the cups every day. The dish soap is already on the pad and you can wash the cup right in your room-sink. I have a little OCD so I love these! They're like $3 for a box of 20.**

Also - if I buy a mug at the WL and then move over to another hotel, can you use the same mug or are you expected to buy a new one? I usually just use the same mug but is this frowned upon?

Upvote 0

symon

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great info and tips. I was thinking they were bigger than they are, 12 oz is not too big. Plus they will make a good souviner when we get home, so I will get one for each boy. I love this board, any silly, little question and you guys come up with the answer plus a lot of other great information!

Upvote 0

bhg469

One of my last visits maybe 2 years ago we noticed resort mugs at coronado but they were huge, i dont know if disney was trying bigger ones at some point but we had already bought ours that time and didnt bother asking. Anyone else have any idea about those?

Upvote 0

kathyjacks

just a question are the mugs plastic or ceramic, like coffee mugs or soda mugs, lid or not lid and does anyone have a pic of one especially from pop century?:wave:

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Lefty said:
You can use the mugs in the park?

I don't think anyone answered your question. You cannot get refills in resort mugs at the parks. You can only get refills at your resort. I think that once there was a refillable mug available at Animal Kingdom, but I don't know if it is still around. To my knowledge, there are no refillable options at MK, Epcot, or the Studios.

You will see people with their resort mugs hanging from their waist packs. In all likelihood, they were finishing morning coffee on the bus ride to the park, and/or were planning on stopping for a refill on the way back to the room.

About putting names on the mugs:
Last time I was a Pop Century, the mugs came with different colored handles--red, blue, orange, and perhaps green. I have seen All Stars mugs with different colored handles as well. That is an easy way to know which mug belongs to whom.
However, some resorts may not have different colored mug handles (I want to say that WL mugs are all the same.)

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Most resorts mugs are the same, Pop mugs have diffrent handles. The ones with the removeable bottoms are the shorter fatter ones. The taller ones fit in cars drink holders but the bottoms dont pop off. The taller ones tip over easier than the others for small kids but they both have lids. The shorter ones are easier to carry around on your tray at the food court and dont tip over. I also use the wash n toss pads to keek the cups clean all week.

Upvote 0

BwanaBob

Of course you realize... now that it was posted on open forum, others will be looking around for abandon mugs at poolsides... popping-off mug-bottoms and then running away!...

Upvote 0

tigsmom

justducky78 said:
Also - if I buy a mug at the WL and then move over to another hotel, can you use the same mug or are you expected to buy a new one? I usually just use the same mug but is this frowned upon?

The mugs are only good at the resort you bought them in and only for the duration of your stay.

Now you will see many people using mugs from different resorts and from different years, but that is a debate we don't want to start again. :lol:

Since the WL opened the mugs have changes styles only once and the color/logo has always been the same (though the quality has changed...the new handles break -cheap plastic). We have the very large ones with the bottoms that pop off and they were bought at the same time as the smaller ones that are all one piece. They now have the tall, fit in your car cup carrier kind and if I remember correctly the smaller one too.

Upvote 0

banimall

I've stayed at All Stars enough to know you could fill up a dump truck at the soda fountain and no one would notice what kind of cup you're using. That place is a zoo.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

BwanaBob said:
Of course you realize... now that it was posted on open forum, others will be looking around for abandon mugs at poolsides... popping-off mug-bottoms and then running away!...
You know I never really did it as a way to hide my money just more of a "cup mounted ATM" for those times when you just went for a walk and happened upon the very tempting bakery on the way to the drink fountain when you didnt bring any money because you werent going to need any at the pool.

Upvote 0

jcjeoverbey

Thanks to allearsnet.com for info

<TABLE border=1><CAPTION>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]REFILLABLE MUGS AT WDW[/FONT]

</CAPTION><TBODY><TR><TD width=142>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RESORT[/FONT]</TD><TD width=52>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MUG PRICE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=58>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]REFILL PRICE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SIZE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=140>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]COLOR/LOGO[/FONT]</TD><TD width=252>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LOCATION[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=142>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All Stars Music/Sports/Movies[/FONT]</TD><TD width=52>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11.99[/FONT]</TD><TD width=58>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12 OZ[/FONT]</TD><TD width=140>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]All Star Resorts - Regular & Travel Mugs
[/FONT]</TD><TD width=252>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Food Courts[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=142>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Animal Kingdom Lodge[/FONT]</TD><TD width=52>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11.99[/FONT]</TD><TD width=58>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Travel or Standard[/FONT]</TD><TD width=140>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Light Blue Top; Mara[/FONT]</TD><TD width=252>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mara Quick Service[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=142>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Beach Club[/FONT]</TD><TD width=52>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11.99[/FONT]</TD><TD width=58>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12 oz[/FONT]</TD><TD width=140>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blue & White - Yacht & Beach Club Logo[/FONT]</TD><TD width=252>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Beaches and Cream Soda Shop
Hurricane Hanna's Grill
[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=142>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Boardwalk[/FONT]</TD><TD width=52>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11.99[/FONT]</TD><TD width=58>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12 OZ[/FONT]</TD><TD width=140>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]White w/Red Handle; Daisy/Donald Bwalk[/FONT]</TD><TD width=252>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BoardWalk Joe's Coffee
Cart and BoardWalk Bakery
[/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR><TD width=142>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Caribbean Beach[/FONT]</TD><TD width=52>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11.99[/FONT]</TD><TD width=58>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12 oz[/FONT]</TD><TD width=140>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]White w/light blue, dark blue, red, pink, light purple or dark purple lid & handle Flounder & Sebastian Scene[/FONT]</TD><TD width=252>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Food Court[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=142>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Contemporary[/FONT]</TD><TD width=52>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11.99[/FONT]</TD><TD width=58>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12 OZ[/FONT]</TD><TD width=140>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]White mugs with purple and red designs (monorail, Mickey)[/FONT]</TD><TD width=252>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Food N Fun Ctr[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=142 rowSpan=2>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Coronado Springs[/FONT]</TD><TD width=52 height=31>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11.99[/FONT]
</TD><TD width=58 rowSpan=2>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62 height=31>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]16 oz.[/FONT]</TD><TD width=140 rowSpan=2>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]White, w/3 Caballeros[/FONT]</TD><TD width=252 rowSpan=2>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pepper Market, Siesta Poolside, La Tienda, danish/coffee counter outside the Pepper Market entrance[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=52>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$19.95[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]64 oz.[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=142>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Port Orleans Riverside WAS: Dixie Landings[/FONT]</TD><TD width=52>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11.99[/FONT]</TD><TD width=58>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12OZ[/FONT]</TD><TD width=140>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yellow & green w/Mickey fishing & Goofy & Donald playing instruments[/FONT] </TD><TD width=252>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Colonel's Cotton Mill - Sassagoula Fd Ct - PO[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=142>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ft. Wilderness[/FONT]</TD><TD width=52>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11.99[/FONT]</TD><TD width=58>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]</TD><TD width=140>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Travel Style Mug [/FONT]</TD><TD width=252>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Trail's End (SoftDrinks) or Meadow's Pool[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=142>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grand Floridian[/FONT]</TD><TD width=52>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11.99[/FONT]</TD><TD width=58>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12 oz[/FONT]</TD><TD width=140>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]White w/yellow trim - Alice in Wonderland
White w/red trim Captain Hook
[/FONT]</TD><TD width=252>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gasasparilla Grill - There is no info on the menu boards about the mugs, they are kept at
the registers and have to be asked for.
[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=142>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Old Key West[/FONT]</TD><TD width=52>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11.99[/FONT]</TD><TD width=58>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12 oz[/FONT]</TD><TD width=140>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]White w/blue lid & handle, Mickey & Minnie beach scene, DVC logo and year[/FONT]</TD><TD width=252>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Goods-to-Go, Turtle Shack[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=142>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Polynesian[/FONT]</TD><TD width=52>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11.99[/FONT]</TD><TD width=58>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12 OZ[/FONT]</TD><TD width=140>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]White w/blue lid & handle, Mickey & Minnie beach scene[/FONT]</TD><TD width=252>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Captain Cook's[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=142>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]POP Century[/FONT]</TD><TD width=52>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11.99[/FONT]</TD><TD width=58>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Travel or Standard[/FONT]</TD><TD width=140>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Various colors[/FONT]</TD><TD width=252>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Food Court[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=142>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Port Orleans French Quarter[/FONT]</TD><TD width=52>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11.99[/FONT]</TD><TD width=58>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12 OZ[/FONT]</TD><TD width=140>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]White w/purple handle & turquoise lid, Port Orleans Gator Logo[/FONT]</TD><TD width=252>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sassagoula Fd Ct/Colonel's Cotton Mill[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=142>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa[/FONT]</TD><TD width=52>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11.99[/FONT]</TD><TD width=58>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12 oz. [/FONT]</TD><TD width=140>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blue & White w/Chip & Dale[/FONT]</TD><TD width=252>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Artist Palette and Pool Bar[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=142>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wilderness Lodge[/FONT]</TD><TD width=52>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11.99[/FONT]</TD><TD width=58>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Travel or Standard[/FONT]</TD><TD width=140>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Beige w/Logo[/FONT]</TD><TD width=252>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Roaring Forks[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR><TD width=142>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yacht Club [/FONT]<TD width=52>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11.99[/FONT]</TD><TD width=58>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FREE[/FONT]</TD><TD width=62>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12 OZ [/FONT]<TD width=140>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Blue & White - Yacht & Beach Club Logo [/FONT]<TD width=252>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Beaches and Cream Soda Shop
Hurricane Hanna's Grill
[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>:king: Going to POP CENTURY in May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

BwanaBob

Brian Skinner said:
You know I never really did it as a way to hide my money just more of a "cup mounted ATM" for those times when you just went for a walk and happened upon the very tempting bakery on the way to the drink fountain when you didnt bring any money because you werent going to need any at the pool.
I know.

The reality of it actually happening is low.

I'm just being a goof.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

d'Isigny said:
They are refillable for the length of stay. I usually have 1-2 cups of coffee each morning...and in the evening, after coming back from the parks...I take a walk to the food court and have 1-2 lemonades each evening.

I'd say I get my money's worth...

and it's a nice souvenier, which I use at home.

Me too, we are adding a new wing to the house to hold all our Disney mugs!:lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom