Red Robin gourmet burgers coming to an Orlando location near to Walt Disney World?

RonAnnArbor

We have two in Ann Arbor and they are both always full, despite the hundreds of other restaurants we have here...as to cost, if you get a cheeseburger with the unlimited fries and a soda, it costs about a dollar more than a Quarter Pounder with Cheese meal or a Whopper Meal...and it tastes way better...of course, you do need to add a tip. They tend to hire local high school jocks to work at both local Ann Arbor branches...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We have two in Ann Arbor and they are both always full, despite the hundreds of other restaurants we have here...as to cost, if you get a cheeseburger with the unlimited fries and a soda, it costs about a dollar more than a Quarter Pounder with Cheese meal or a Whopper Meal...and it tastes way better...of course, you do need to add a tip. They tend to hire local high school jocks to work at both local Ann Arbor branches...
I personally think a Whopper tastes better.....

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I personally think a Whopper tastes better.....

@hakunamatata Wow, really? How many times have you been and what did you order?

I guess its all subjective. So many people rave about the burger at Big River but I found it to be a frozen not fresh dried out mess, very much like a fast food burger. I've never had a bad burger at Red Robin and I consider myself to be pretty picky. I can't imagine a burger from there being like the garbage they serve at Burger King or McDonald's.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
@hakunamatata Wow, really? How many times have you been and what did you order?

I guess its all subjective. So many people rave about the burger at Big River but I found it to be a frozen not fresh dried out mess, very much like a fast food burger. I've never had a bad burger at Red Robin and I consider myself to be pretty picky. I can't imagine a burger from there being like the garbage they serve at Burger King or McDonald's.

I've been half a dozen times to different locations. I find the burgers dry with little flavor. I don't care for Fudruckers either. For fast food burgers nothing beats a Whataburger with Sonic a distant second. If I want sit down burgers nothing beats a Five Guys that I have found.

Jimmy Thick

Red Robin is fantastic. My favorites are their prime rib dip and the Red Robin Royal, a big fat burger with bacon and an egg on top. The first time you bite into that egg and it gushes all over, total heaven. A little secret for Red Robin?

Don't wait for the fries with your burger, tell your wait person you're going to order a burger and you want your fires now, free appetizer.

Jimmy Thick- But if you have a Red Robin by your home, why go to one by Disney?

sgtmgd

Red Robin is fantastic. My favorites are their prime rib dip and the Red Robin Royal, a big fat burger with bacon and an egg on top. The first time you bite into that egg and it gushes all over, total heaven. A little secret for Red Robin?

Don't wait for the fries with your burger, tell your wait person you're going to order a burger and you want your fires now, free appetizer.

Red Robin Royal is fantastic

luv

Meh. Never thought it was all that hot. Fine, but nothing I knock myself out to get.

I do like that I can get my burger wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun, though! Of course, I don't know I'd they still do that...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I've been half a dozen times to different locations. I find the burgers dry with little flavor. I don't care for Fudruckers either. For fast food burgers nothing beats a Whataburger with Sonic a distant second. If I want sit down burgers nothing beats a Five Guys that I have found.
Five guys is the best. Great fries too.

Love the unlimited fries.

rob0519

According to the Orlando Business Journal, Red Robin gourmet burgers are coming to an area close to Walt Disney World. This burger chain is extremely popular in other areas of the country - amazing it has not yet made it to the Orlando area.

The planned location is about 15 minutes away, at Winter Garden Village.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2012/07/red-robin-deals-in-the-works-for-orlando.html
I'm surprised it's taken them this long to get to the Orlando market. The first Red Robin we went to was in the parking lot of the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Anaheim when we went to DL in 2002. They have several restaurants in the Chicago area and we go there regularly.

wdwjmp239

According to the Orlando Business Journal, Red Robin gourmet burgers are coming to an area close to Walt Disney World. This burger chain is extremely popular in other areas of the country - amazing it has not yet made it to the Orlando area.

The planned location is about 15 minutes away, at Winter Garden Village.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2012/07/red-robin-deals-in-the-works-for-orlando.html

Hey Steve,

Red Robin does very well down here in Fort Myers, FL at Gulf Coast Town Center which is a shopping center with plenty of well-named, popular brands: Best Buy, Bass Pro Shop, JC Penneys, Office Depot, Target and it's right across from a 3D IMAX movie theatre. During any given night in our snowbird/tourist season down here, you're looking at about 35-45 min wait to get in. During the holiday shopping season, you're going to wait an hour or so for a burger. So, if it's that busy down here in Fort Myers, that Red Robin which is coming soon is going to do just fine. Enjoy the bottomless steak fry action, brother! :)

Ignohippo

I'm surprised it's taken them this long to get to the Orlando market. The first Red Robin we went to was in the parking lot of the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Anaheim when we went to DL in 2002. They have several restaurants in the Chicago area and we go there regularly.

They are expanding in the Tampa market as well. I believe they just opened one at Countryside Mall and are about to open one at Brandon Town Center.

wdwjmp239

The one thing I forgot to mention about Red Robin was that the restaurant tried to break into the Southwest Florida market by opening up in a town called Bonita Springs, FL back in 2001. In the area where the restaurant was, there was supposed to be a movie theatre nearby, but the movie theatre didn't pan out until Red Robin closed up and moved out. The Red Robin we have down here now moved into Fort Myers in 2009 and is doing very well. :)

ptaylor

Premium Member
Red Robin in this location is now under construction. I took this photo a few days ago.
IMG_2354 (1).jpg

afar28

not everyone can realistically afford to stay on disney property and eat food all of the time in the parks. its expensive. plus sometimes they want a break and go off property. red robbin is really good, and a lot better then some of the burgers on property.
Agreed. He is being so rude (wdw2000)

wdwjmp239

stop being cheap and eat disneys food. its weel worth the price if you ask this guy

Not really. There are some Disney trips where me, the wife, and kids usually go up for a quick weekend (just to get out of town) and don't want to spend $$$ for counter-service food. But, for those who have budgeted to eat on Disney grounds, then, maybe it's worth it.

I prefer to just head off property, stop at the Uno's Pizzeria, Buffalo Wild Wings, TGI Fridays, etc. etc. at The Crossroads, get a quick bite to eat, and head back. Sure, I wasted the time and gas to get there, but I bet you any day of the week that I have more money in my pocket by the end of that weekend than you do after your vacation.

wdwjmp239

not everyone can realistically afford to stay on disney property and eat food all of the time in the parks. its expensive. plus sometimes they want a break and go off property. red robbin is really good, and a lot better then some of the burgers on property.

Totally agree! Sometimes Disney food is inconsistent and for the price you pay, that is heavily taken into consideration. Why would you want to pay $$$$ for crap food?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom