Recipe???

trr1

these are easy to make and every time i make them there are no leftovers

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries

Ingredients:
-1 lb large strawberries
-8 oz. cream cheese, softened (can use 1/3 less fat)
-3-4 tbsp powdered sugar (4 tbsp for a sweeter filling)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-graham cracker crumbs

Directions:
1. Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry. Remove the top and clean out with a paring knife, if necessary (some may already be hollow inside). Prep all strawberries and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag or ziploc with the corner s
nipped off. Fill strawberries with cheesecake mixture. Once strawberries are filled, dip the top in graham cracker crumbs. If not serving immediately, refrigerate until serving.

tigsmom

Anyone have recipe to:

Biergarten cauliflower soup
Carrot Cake cookie Writers stop
YSH homemade chocolate caramels
Chef Mickey's cheesy potatoes (not bacon ones)
Biergarten pork schnitzel!!!!
Biergarten salmon YUM
Mac & cheese of WDW any :)

You can do a search within our Index (stickied to the top of this forum) for recipes). With the change in format some of the pages/post numbers no longer match up, but they are close. I just don't have the time to re work the Index anymore.

There is a Mac 'n cheese recipe from Cape May on page 89 , mac 'n cheese from Jiko on page 26. Are you looking for the Parmesan potatoes from Chef Mickey's?
That would be on page 71. There is a schnitzel recipe on page 18, but I'm not sure if that is the one you want ( I have never eaten there).

There are very few recipes from the newer restaurants. I once advised people to write to guest services for recipes, but I have gotten reples that say they no longer will send them out through email as the chefs no longer have time for that. *shrug*.

EvilQueen-T

I was looking for the truffle mac and cheese recipe from yachtsman steakhouse. I found the following online posted at http://www.wdwradio.com/2013/06/a-taste-of-disney-yachtsman-steakhouse/#.Un6hv3C-opd which was posted June 2013 and reports it was from a direct contact from yachtsman's. I include the link because the one question I really have about the recipe is that the recipe may have changed from what is currently made at the venue. I say this primarily because of the type of cheese listed in the recipes as compared to the description on the current menu (we were just there at the end of October and the description states Pasta and Reypenaer Cheese). The recipes call for fontina cheese (an Italian cow's milk cheese that has a taste fairly similar to an aged provolone), the menu description states Reypenaer which is a semi-hard 1-2 year aged gouda type type cows milk cheese made by Wyngaard Kaas in Woerden in the Netherlands. I haven't made it myself but plan to soon.

Truffle Mac ‘n Cheese yachtsman steakhouse

INGREDIENTS

2oz Peeled Diced Garlic

4oz Peeled Diced Shallots

Pinch Crushed Red Pepper

8T Butter

2oz Fresh Basil (Chopped)

1/2 Gallon Heavy Cream

2 Egg Yolks

Pinch Ground Nutmeg

20oz Shredded Fontina Cheese

Salt and Pepper to Taste

4oz Leeks (Chopped)

Garlic Croutons (Crushed)

White Truffle Oil

White Wine

Trofie Pasta

PREPARATION

1. Sweat garlic, shallots, leeks, and crushed red pepper in butter over medium–low heat.

2. Once translucent deglaze the pan with just enough white wine to cover the bottom and allow the alcohol to cook out.

3. Add heavy cream and bring to a boil turning the heat back down to medium low immediately after boiling.

4. Whisk in shredded cheese, fresh basil, and nutmeg.

5. Finish with whisking in salt, pepper, and egg yolks.

6. Blend the entire mixture with an immersion blender.

7. Toss over cooked pasta, and top with croutons tossed with truffle oil.

Phonedave

Anyone know the Victoria and Alberts recipe for their lemon sauce? Specificaly the Toasted Capers and Preserved Lemon as it was listed on my menu. I have also seen it listed as Toasted Capers and Meyer Lemon sauce on other V&A Menus. Chef Hunnel uses it on a variety of seafood it appears (turbot, dover sole, abalone to name a few)

Thanks

tigsmom

I was looking for the truffle mac and cheese recipe from yachtsman steakhouse. I found the following online posted at http://www.wdwradio.com/2013/06/a-taste-of-disney-yachtsman-steakhouse/#.Un6hv3C-opd which was posted June 2013 and reports it was from a direct contact from yachtsman's. I include the link because the one question I really have about the recipe is that the recipe may have changed from what is currently made at the venue. I say this primarily because of the type of cheese listed in the recipes as compared to the description on the current menu (we were just there at the end of October and the description states Pasta and Reypenaer Cheese). The recipes call for fontina cheese (an Italian cow's milk cheese that has a taste fairly similar to an aged provolone), the menu description states Reypenaer which is a semi-hard 1-2 year aged gouda type type cows milk cheese made by Wyngaard Kaas in Woerden in the Netherlands. I haven't made it myself but plan to soon.

Truffle Mac ‘n Cheese yachtsman steakhouse

INGREDIENTS

2oz Peeled Diced Garlic

4oz Peeled Diced Shallots

Pinch Crushed Red Pepper

8T Butter

2oz Fresh Basil (Chopped)

1/2 Gallon Heavy Cream

2 Egg Yolks

Pinch Ground Nutmeg

20oz Shredded Fontina Cheese

Salt and Pepper to Taste

4oz Leeks (Chopped)

Garlic Croutons (Crushed)

White Truffle Oil

White Wine

Trofie Pasta

PREPARATION

1. Sweat garlic, shallots, leeks, and crushed red pepper in butter over medium–low heat.

2. Once translucent deglaze the pan with just enough white wine to cover the bottom and allow the alcohol to cook out.

3. Add heavy cream and bring to a boil turning the heat back down to medium low immediately after boiling.

4. Whisk in shredded cheese, fresh basil, and nutmeg.

5. Finish with whisking in salt, pepper, and egg yolks.

6. Blend the entire mixture with an immersion blender.

7. Toss over cooked pasta, and top with croutons tossed with truffle oil.

EvilQueen the change in cheese may be because the type used at WDW is not available to the general public or would be too expensive for home use. I have never seen the cheese you mention whereas fontina is readily available in most grocery stores and Italian delis. You can experiment and try a gouda to see if it's closer (I'm thinking a smoked gouda would be delicious ).

Bairstow

Does anyone have some solid info on the current Ohana noodles?

Last time I followed one of the recipes online and it called for glazing Japanese soba noodles in teriyaki sauce, which is clearly wrong on both counts.

Whatever they're serving right now is some kind of lo mein.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Does anyone have some solid info on the current Ohana noodles?

Last time I followed one of the recipes online and it called for glazing Japanese soba noodles in teriyaki sauce, which is clearly wrong on both counts.

Whatever they're serving right now is some kind of lo mein.
I thought that Lo Mein referred to the way it is cooked. Chow Mein is fried ... Lo Mein is cooked. The Soba noodle is simply a variety of noodle.

tigsmom

Lo Mein means with noodles, chow mein is veggies. Udon noodles are used (at least they were).

There is a recipe in our thread right here (as listed in our Index)...http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/recipe.9941/page-64

There are recipes for yakisoba noodles on the net (teryaiki glazed) and we also have the vegan noodle bowl posted in this thread.
Since the software used to power the forums has changed the pages/posts in the index don't all match (I no longer have the time to deal with fixing it, new postings will be correct). You can do a search for your restaurant &/or recipe using the search function at the top of this page.

Hope this helps! :happy:

Bairstow

Try linking to specific posts: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/recipe.9941/page-64#post-3035237

I actually made that one tonight, or at least a variant. I ended up using pineapple juice instead of water and half the sugar for the sauce. Instead of bothering with both peanut butter and roasted peanuts I just used crunchy peanut butter and didn't bother pureeing the sauce after I was done cooking it. The little bits of ginger and garlic tend to soften and mellow out as they simmer in the sauce, so they're not unpleasant to bite into. Also, I used way more red pepper and pineapple than it called for because I didn't feel like wasting it. It turned out really well and we ended up eating all of it. Wish I had taken a picture. Next time I'll probably use green onion instead of Spanish/yellow to add more color.

Still, I don't think either recipe is anywhere close to what they're serving in the restaurant. For one, I'm fairly certain Ohana isn't using Udon noodles- the consistency is much thicker and the gauge of the noodles used is much smaller. The peanut/pineapple recipe above might have been correct at some time (and I highly recommend people having a go at it) but the Udon/teriyaki recipe people are bandying about can't possibly be accurate. I'm wondering if perhaps the cooks aren't using a liberal amount of butter and/or sesame oil to keep their noodles from sticking together prior to stir-frying them.

Oh, and to anyone who wants to try THIS recipe, you can probably save yourself some trouble and just use store-bought terikyaki sauce, since that's basically all you're making.

EvilQueen-T

My daughter had the seafood gazpacho app at artist point earlier this fall and loved it. We were hoping maybe someone had the recipe or if you've had the dish if you know of a recipe that's similar you'd be willing to share? We always have a theme to our Christmas dinners and this year it's a garden party (probably to swing back from the zombie theme we had last year lol)...anyway we'd like to include a gazpacho similar to the one at artist point or something similar. Thanks a bunch.

EvilQueen-T

Just made the truffle mac and cheese from the above recipe that was posted as being from yachtmans. I split the recipe and made half with the fontina and the other half with gouda. We thought both were good but the gouda had a richer flavor. Neither had that real mushroom taste we had at the restaurant but I was cautious with the truffle oil not wanting to overwhelm with it (there's no measurement on the recipe for this part). The cheese sauce was a little thinner so I'll cut back on the heavy cream a bit next time and/or add a little more cheese to have it come out thicker but overall, we will be making it again.

tigsmom

Recipes from the newer restaurants are almost impossible to get unless you bring it back with you. Has anyone recently emailed for a recipe? I am curious if their "sorry we aren't sending them out anymore" policy has changed.

Tinkerkell

Recipes from the newer restaurants are almost impossible to get unless you bring it back with you. Has anyone recently emailed for a recipe? I am curious if their "sorry we aren't sending them out anymore" policy has changed.

I recently emailed and asked for a recipe from Prost, the kiosk in Germany during the holidays. I asked for the hot salted caramel beverage recipe. They apologized and said that the recipe could not be shared. I asked for it in Nov. or Dec., during the holidays when Prost was still open.

tigsmom

I recently emailed and asked for a recipe from Prost, the kiosk in Germany during the holidays. I asked for the hot salted caramel beverage recipe. They apologized and said that the recipe could not be shared. I asked for it in Nov. or Dec., during the holidays when Prost was still open.

Not all recipes can be shared, but they seemed to have stopped sending any upon request now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom