Recipe???

tatum94

I looked through the recipe index and didn't see it, but does anyone have the recipe for the macaroni and cheese that would come with the New York Strip at Mama Melrose's? That was some of the best mac n' cheese I've ever had. The New York Strip was to die for as well!

Last edited:

Chrissy Anne

I know this is a very strange request, but does anyone know the recipe for the green beans in Epcot Mexico? I know it's pretty simple, but it's my little brothers favorite thing to eat in Disney and I want to surprise him and make them when I come home from college.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I know this is a very strange request, but does anyone know the recipe for the green beans in Epcot Mexico? I know it's pretty simple, but it's my little brothers favorite thing to eat in Disney and I want to surprise him and make them when I come home from college.
Which restaurant at Mexico serves green beans?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
They were a side dish (I was just there within a few months and had them) but we asked for them
Hrm, off menu, that's gonna be hard to find. Hopefully someone can help you out, but it's not me.

Have you tried contacting the restaurant directly? Disney is very good (or used to be) about giving out recipes.

MissM

Odd request perhaps but we ate at Be Our Guest for the first time Saturday night for dinner. The pomme frites (French Fries) had a really unique flavor. Different from normal but really good. I can't put my finger what it was and wondered if anyone knew what they used in the seasoning or maybe a different type of oil? Any info would be appreciated!

MissM

I asked the server and he just said they were hand cut with sea salt and "seasonings" which was rather vague. Love thought it might be dill? Not sure. Just wondered if anyone else who had them had any thoughts.

tribbleorlfl

Odd request perhaps but we ate at Be Our Guest for the first time Saturday night for dinner. The pomme frites (French Fries) had a really unique flavor. Different from normal but really good. I can't put my finger what it was and wondered if anyone knew what they used in the seasoning or maybe a different type of oil? Any info would be appreciated!
Traditional pomme frites are often fried in duck fat, though if BoG was doing that, I'd imagine they'd have something on the menu warning the vegetarians.

lpmem

I've looked everywhere but can't seem to find the recipe for the Garden Grill's Harvest Skillet Cake with Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream. Any help with this is most appreciated! Thanks.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Came across this while doing a search for another request. I have never had a DoleWhip (I know :eek: ) so I'm not sure if its authentic. Can anyone let us know? Thanks.

Disney Dole Whip

Pineapple 'dole" whips

Prep: 10 min.

Freeze: 3 hrs.

Makes: 8 servings

2 cans (20 oz. each) DOLE Crushed Pineapple

2 tablespoons lemon juice

2 tablespoons lime juice

1/3 cup sugar

1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, mini marshmallow or mini chocolate chips, (optional)

1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped

Drain pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Set aside.

Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth. Stir in cherries or marshmallow or chips, if desired.

Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags. Store bags flat in freezer. Freeze about 1-1/2 hours or until slushy.

Stir gently pineapple slush into whipped cream until just blended, in large bowl. Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour. Serve.

I actually tried this recipe recently (I also have never had a Dole Whip, but keep meaning to). The problem I had with it was that the once the final product was frozen it was solid as a rock. After defrosting a bit if the fridge I ended up with a pretty good consistency. I need to try it again to see if I can get a better consistency.

Was browsing through the recipes thread and noticed there was only one from Nine Dragons and I remember that Disney Blogs posted this one last year with a video of it being made:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...mplings-at-nine-dragons-restaurant-for-lunch/

Shanghai Xiaolongbao (Steamed Shanghai-Style Pork Dumplings)
Makes 40 dumplings

Start by making aspic, which is a savory “jelly” made with chicken stock that melts when the dumplings are steamed to create the “soup” when you bite into each dumpling. The aspic needs to be refrigerated for several hours. Next, make the wrappers, as they need time to rest. (Or buy dumpling wrappers – not wonton or eggroll wrappers, but dumpling wrappers – at any Asian market.) The pork filling easily comes together.

Aspic
2 cups chicken stock
3 stalks green onions, white parts only
2-inch slice peeled fresh ginger
1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine (Chinese rice wine) or pale dry sherry
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin

Dumpling wrappers
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup water

Dipping Sauce
1/2 cup Chinese black vinegar
3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons peeled, finely shredded fresh ginger

Pork Filling
1 pound ground pork
1/4 cup finely chopped green onion, white part only
1 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoons soy sauce
Pinch coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon Shaoxing wine (Chinese rice wine) or pale dry sherry
1 teaspoon dried chicken flavor bouillon
Aspic (from recipe above) cut into very small cubes
12 napa cabbage leaves, for steaming dumplings

For aspic:

1.Heat chicken stock in small pan over medium heat. Add onions, ginger, and wine; cook until stock reduces to 1 cup. Remove from heat and keep warm.
2.Strain soup and discard solids; season with salt and pepper. Pour 2 tablespoons water into small bowl and sprinkle with gelatin; let stand until gelatin softens, then whisk into broth until dissolved. Transfer to an 8-inch-square aluminum baking pan. Cool, cover, and refrigerate for several hours until set.

For dumpling wrappers:

1.Mix flour and water in large bowl with a wooden spoon until there are no lumps. (If too dry, add a little more water, should be a little sticky.) Knead into a large ball and cover with a moist cloth. Let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2.Remove from bowl and knead for 5 minutes, or until dough is elastic and shiny. Add a little flour if necessary. Cover again with a moist cloth for 30 minutes at room temperature.
3.Sprinkle flour on wooden cutting board and gently knead dough into a long tube, about 1-inch diameter, rolling on cutting board until smooth. Use a knife to cut into small pieces about 1-inch thick for each dumpling. Roll out each piece with a rolling pin into a 3-inch-diameter circle. Wrappers should be a little thicker in the center and thinner at the edges so that the twist at top is not too thick.

For dipping sauce:

1.Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside until ready to serve.

For pork filling:

1.Combine all ingredients except aspic and cabbage leaves in large bowl and mix with fork just until blended.
Add aspic cubes to pork mixture and stir gently with chopsticks or a wooden spatula. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

To assemble and steam dumplings:

1.Place wrapper on work surface. Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon of filling onto center of wrapper (make sure to including at least 2 or 3 aspic cubes in each dumpling).
2.To pleat wrapper, lightly brush edges of wrapper with water. Bring 1 corner of wrapper up around filling, then pleat remaining edges of wrapper at regular intervals all around filling until filling is enclosed and wrapper forms bundle-like shape with small opening at top. Or simply gather top edges of wrapper together and twist. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
3.To steam, line bamboo steamer basket with cabbage leaves and place over wok filled with enough boiling water to reach just below basket. Add dumplings to basket, making sure they do not touch. Cover and steam 10 to 12 minutes, or until pork is cooked through. With each batch, add new cabbage leaves before steaming. Serve immediately with dipping sauce.

tigsmom

Calotte de Boeuf -Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

Ingredients For Beef:

2 pieces beef rib cap (calotte)
6 each large shallots - (peeled, stem removed, and sliced)
24 each sprigs fresh thyme
2 tbsp. whole black peppercorns, toasted in a dry pan until fragrant, and then cooled
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. kosher salt
½ tbsp. coarsely ground fresh black pepper

Method:

On a piece of film wrap big enough to wrap the entire piece of rib cap; place one quarter of the sliced shallots, whole unpicked fresh thyme sprigs and toasted peppercorns. On just one side of the rib cap generously coat the beef with ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Place the oiled side of the beef on to the shallots, thyme and peppercorns. Do not season with salt.

Next place another quarter of the shallot, thyme, toasted peppercorns and remaining olive oil on the rib cap and wrap tightly. Repeat this process on the second piece and refrigerate overnight.

Remove the beef from the refrigerator 1 hour prior to cooking.

Prepare your grill for use at high heat with the grates placed to keep flare ups to a minimum. Grill until you obtain a charring on the beef.

Just before grilling, remove all of the shallots, thyme and peppercorns from the meat and discard. Season all four sides of the beef with the two tablespoons of kosher salt and the coarsely ground black pepper. Immediately place on the grill. Do not move the steaks for at least two minutes unless you have flare ups. After two minutes flip the steak and let sit on the grill for three minutes, this will achieve a medium rare doneness. Remove the steak from the grill and let rest for approximately 7 minutes.

Ingredients For Pommes Frites:

4 large russet potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into fry-sized strips
6 tbsp. whole unsalted butter at room temperature
1 tbsp. kosher salt
¼ tbsp. finely ground fresh black pepper
2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
2 quarts peanut oil

Method:

Rinse cut potatoes in a large bowl of cold water until the water becomes clear. Cover the cut potatoes with water and ice. Refrigerate for least 30 minutes.
In a 5-quart pot heat oil over medium-low heat to 325 degrees. Make sure that you have at least 3 inches of space between the top of the oil and the top of the pan, as fries will bubble up when they are added.

Drain the ice water from cut fries and pat them dry. This is very important because water does not like to be fried. Add the raw cut potatoes, a handful at a time, to the hot oil. Fry the potatoes, stirring them occasionally until the potatoes are soft and they begin to turn a very light color. This should take approximatly 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the blanched potatoes to a cooling rack placed over paper towels to drain and cool slightly. You can let the blanched potatoes sit for up to two hours at this stage.

When ready to serve the frites reheat the oil to 375° F. Transfer potatoes to the hot oil and fry again until the frites have turned golden brown. Place potatoes onto pan with paper towels just long enough to absorb the oil. Immediately place the hot frites into a large bowl and toss them with the 6 tablespoons of room temperature butter, 1 tablespoon kosher salt, ¼ tablespoon finely ground black pepper, and the thyme leaves. Serve immediately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom