Recipe???

EvilQueen-T

Last Oct I did the tequila lunch pairing at La Hacienda during food and wine. They served a cream of cilantro soup that was super yummy. I know it's a super long shot but anyone have it at the lunch and have the recipe or one they think is similar?

seafoodbuffet

Last night, we made Jungle Juice slushies.

Jungle Juice (or our close approximation of it) consisted of equal parts Orange, Passion Fruit, and Guava juices (in Hawaii, they have a drink called POG which is pretty much the same thing). Once you've mixed the juices up and chilled them in the fridge, you can turn them into slushes in a number of ways (freeze them into ice cubes and blend them up for example). We have a slushie maker (basically it's double layered cup with frozen liquid in the middle) which turned out our jungle juice slushies about 5 minutes later.

We just left WDW not too long ago and this was a great way to reminisce about our time at Animal Kingdom.

MarthaPoppins

Does anyone, by chance, have the recipe for the noodle appetizer served at Spirit of Aloha? We went this past August and my very picky son ate all of it! Would love to make it for him at home :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Does anyone, by chance, have the recipe for the noodle appetizer served at Spirit of Aloha? We went this past August and my very picky son ate all of it! Would love to make it for him at home :)
It's called Soba Noodle Salad. Google that and you should be able to find the recipe.

I'll see if I can dig it up later when I'm not constrained to a phone...

BWANA

Hello, I am new to this wonderful site & look forward to making many tasty Disney treats ! We just got back from staying at Disneys Old Key West resort & we loved th coconut bread they serve at dinner., would anyone happen to have this recipe ? Would love to be able to make this bread. Thank you.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
1/4 cup neutral oil, such as grapeseed or canola
3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon chili oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
1 9-1/2-ounce package soba noodles
1 bunch asparagus, ribboned
2 red bell peppers, roasted and sliced, or 1 cup jarred roasted bell peppers, drained
2 large handfuls mung bean sprouts
1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
1/2 cup chopped cilantro

DIRECTIONS
  1. Whisk together the oils, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, salt, ginger, and garlic in a large mixing bowl.
  2. Cook the soba noodles according to the instructions on their package, or until tender but not mushy. Drain them and then rinse with cool water or dunk in an ice bath until the noodles are at room temperature. Drain off excess water, and then add the noodles, asparagus, bell peppers, mung bean sprouts, scallions, sesame seeds, and cilantro to the dressing, tossing to coat.
  3. Serve at room temperature.
That should get you close...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Hello, I am new to this wonderful site & look forward to making many tasty Disney treats ! We just got back from staying at Disneys Old Key West resort & we loved th coconut bread they serve at dinner., would anyone happen to have this recipe ? Would love to be able to make this bread. Thank you.
I believe this is what you are looking for. It was posted pretty early on in the thread. As I recall, they serve it at OKW as well at Olivia's.

Click Here for link

BWANA

hello & thank you so much for the recipe for the Poly Pineapple/Coconut bread, just 1 question, is the 2T of shortening 2 teaspoons or 2 tablespoons ? and is it 2 teaspoons of cornstarch or 2 tablespoons ? can't wait to make this delicious bread this weekend !!!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
hello & thank you so much for the recipe for the Poly Pineapple/Coconut bread, just 1 question, is the 2T of shortening 2 teaspoons or 2 tablespoons ? and is it 2 teaspoons of cornstarch or 2 tablespoons ? can't wait to make this delicious bread this weekend !!!
Large T generally means Tablespoon.

Looking through the recipe, that portion also seems correct.

Perhaps @tigsmom can clarify, since it was her recipe to begin with?

Sandyj55

I love this thread!! This will help on those long spells when I'm not visiting "home". I would love the stuffed French toast recipe!! I'm also interested in a cook book. Which one does everyone have and if you have more then one which is your favorite!!!!

EvilQueen-T

Anyone happen to have the recipe for the samosas they serve in AK (or if they're premade for disney where they get them from/who makes them)? I'm thinking they're premade since they seem to be exactly the same at the little kiosk that they serve at the table service place behind the dawa bar.

tigsmom

Haven't been there in awhile, can you describe them? I can find a recipe for spicy pea and potato ones that are listed as being from Tusker House.

tigsmom

Spicy Potato and Pea Samosa
Tusker House
Animal Kingdom

Yields 10

Ingredients for Pastry :

2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons oil
3/4 cup water

Ingredients for Potato Stuffing:

5 each potatoes (red potatoes are recommended)
2 tablespoons oil
1 each green chili (de-veined and seeds removed)
1 cup green peas (frozen or fresh work best)
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon curry paste (if you prefer heat, add hot sauce)

Oil for deep frying

Procedure for Pastry:

1. Mix flour and salt in bowl.
2. Add oil and rub until mixture resembles small bread crumbs.
3. Add water and knead for 10 minutes.
4. Rub dough with oil, cover and set aside for 30 minutes.

Procedure for Potato and Pea Filling:

5. Boil potatoes until tender, cool, peel and dice.
6. Saute peas in oil; add green chili, potatoes and spices.
7. Mix and cook on low heat for 4 to 5 minutes.

Procedure for making Samosa:

8. Divide dough into 10 balls.
9. Roll into flat square shape about 5 inch diameter.
10. Cut in half and fill each side with 1 tablespoon potato and pea mixture.
11. Brush a little water around the edge of the pastry, fold, seam and seal.

Procedure for cooking Samosa:

12. Heat about 2 inches of oil for frying over medium to low heat to 350 degrees.
13. Carefully add samosas to oil. Fry slowly, turning the samosas as they brown and are crisp.
14. Drain excess oil and serve with mango chutney.

Last edited:

tribbleorlfl

Quick question- I've scoured the net and the cookbooks I do have to no avail. I'm looking for a pre-Princess dining Akershus recipe: the Jarlsberg mac and cheese w/ ham. I've made an approximation that's goood, but have never quite replicated the flavor.

Throwing my daughter a Frozen birthday party this weekened w/ a semi-traditional smorgasbord and I thought this would be somewhat fitting to include.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom