Premium Parking coming to Walt Disney World's parking lots?

hokielutz

It wasn't exactly busy today but here was the Premium parking when I left around 7:30. They actually reserved parts of Jafar and Aladdin for premium but only filled about 3 half rows of Aladdin with cars. The ones you see in the picture on the right are disabled parking.

So if it isn't happening already.... we should expect the parking booth employees to get instructions to push the sales of premium parking spots to every car that comes through the gate. which will lead to slower entry at the booth and longer lines on World Drive. Cast members who direct traffic in the lots will also carry credit card i-Devices to process any purchases after the booth, once drivers see how far away they have to park.

I miss the days of the $10-$20 e-bay purchased Diamond Lot parking pass. :)eek: did I say that out loud?)

JohnWD

At Animal Kingdom, the preferred parking make the walk from the regular parking faster because you can cut across on a diagonal the parking lot.

fgh4747

I understand magic kingdom so you don't have to take a boat/monorail but Hollywood studios isn't that far anywhere you park

Goofyernmost

So if it isn't happening already.... we should expect the parking booth employees to get instructions to push the sales of premium parking spots to every car that comes through the gate. which will lead to slower entry at the booth and longer lines on World Drive. Cast members who direct traffic in the lots will also carry credit card i-Devices to process any purchases after the booth, once drivers see how far away they have to park.

I miss the days of the $10-$20 e-bay purchased Diamond Lot parking pass. :)eek: did I say that out loud?)
How far away? I don't care if I have to park in Miami as long as they provide a ride to the gate it still is the same amount of walking... I'm betting not much more then Premium Parking. I'm sure it is bruising my butt to sit on those hard plastic seats, but, I can live with that.:in pain::joyfull:

G00fyDad

You have to be resort guest or have dinner reservation to park at resorts. They are getting very strict on this. I have even heard of fellow CM's getting towed out of cast parking if not working.

Don't feed into that comment. This topic has been discussed to agonizing lengths before. Those that park there against the rules see no problem with it and assume that nothing will ever happen to them just because it hasn't, yet. Anyone making a comment like that is only trying to get that issue fired back up again.

TheOrangeBird01

For those who want visuals, I made a map of all the preferred parking lots. The parking lots outlined in blue are the premium lots, and the park entrances (or the TTC in MK's case) are highlighted in orange :)
Preferred Parking Lots.jpg

Last edited:

MOM2FOUR

Can anyone tell me if the premium parking is better than disabled? My parents are going with us next month, and my mom is disabled. They have used their tags to park in the disabled lot previously, but it's still quite a hike to the entrances where she picks up her electric cart. They'd be willing to pay the extra if it gets them closer. Thanks.

Monorail_Red_77

For those who want visuals, I made a map of all the preferred parking lots. The parking lots outlined in blue are the premium lots, and the park entrances (or the TTC in MK's case) are highlighted in orange :)
View attachment 143266
On my last visit to MK on May 14th. They also had the little section directly to the right side of your blue section as preferred parking as well. I walked right past the little sandwich board sign to get to my car.

cindy_k

Can anyone tell me if the premium parking is better than disabled? My parents are going with us next month, and my mom is disabled. They have used their tags to park in the disabled lot previously, but it's still quite a hike to the entrances where she picks up her electric cart. They'd be willing to pay the extra if it gets them closer. Thanks.
The Disabled Parking is closer than the premier. My mother also uses a scooter and has a disabled parking pass. I colored them in Green for you. :)
vU2c5o7.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom