Polynesian guest check at pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would make a lot of sense if Disney allowed people to pool hop within their resort classification. If you're staying at one moderate resort it doesn't seem like hopping to another moderate resorts pool would be a big deal. Same for the deluxe.

captainkidd

I think it would make a lot of sense if Disney allowed people to pool hop within their resort classification. If you're staying at one moderate resort it doesn't seem like hopping to another moderate resorts pool would be a big deal. Same for the deluxe.

A big part of this is safety. If a pool has a maximum capacity of 200 people, you can't have other people coming in to swim there. The lifeguards can only watch so many people.

I doubt the amount of people who would choose to hop to another pool that's of the same quality of the one at their resort would really cause that much overcrowding. Hence only allowing it within equal level resorts. But it seems like the sort of thing the resort buffs would really enjoy.

captainkidd

I doubt the amount of people who would choose to hop to another pool that's of the same quality of the one at their resort would really cause that much overcrowding. Hence only allowing it within equal level resorts. But it seems like the sort of thing the resort buffs would really enjoy.

If it wouldn't, they'd allow it.:shrug:

Epcotdad

We spend 2 years saving to stay at a Deluxe Resort, why should we not be able to use the pool we have paid good money for because of trespassers, you haven't paid for the priviledge. Use the pool you have paid for.

My neighbour has better grass in their garden, mines a bit patchy, they also have a nice summer house, I have a shed, they also have a better picnic table than me, shall I sneak over and enjoy their amenities? No. :hammer:

I'm far from being without sin. I just have enough respect and humility to follow the rules without making up excuses as to why I shouldn't have to follow them.

This is getting old and nowhere. So I must go and plan on devising a scheme to ruin your vacation by swimming in your ( I mean Disney's) pool. And by the way there is a huge freaking difference in the law from tresspassing and stealing cars to swimming in a different pool at WDW while your at your stay.

Epcotdad

God bless you for your common sense. :sohappy:

captainkidd

This is getting old and nowhere. So I must go and plan on devising a scheme to ruin your vacation by swimming in your ( I mean Disney's) pool. And by the way there is a huge freaking difference in the law from tresspassing and stealing cars to swimming in a different pool at WDW while your at your stay.

You're right - It is getting old.

So why not just follow this simple rule:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/pools/
Please note that pools are for use only for Guests of that specific Resort hotel.

bunnyman

I have a better idea. How about sneaking into a resort's pool, and bringing an old refillable mug with you to raid their quick serve counter!

PhilharMagician

I am staying at my cousin's house next trip to Orlando. Do you think Disney would mind if we pool hopped since my cousin does not have a pool? It would only be 4 of us. I supposed we could tell the security guard that we are going to eat at the resort so we could park and get in.

dave&di

God bless you for your common sense. :sohappy:

progroupie was not actually agreeing with you, they were saying it would be ok for the value to pool hop to value, and so on. This is fine IMO as long as pools aren't overcrowded. Why should someone swim in a pool I have paid more to swim in.

I am not on here to argue, so I will move on! Peace to all, especially Jesus who I believe has joined this thread :animwink:

bunnyman

I am staying at my cousin's house next trip to Orlando. Do you think Disney would mind if we pool hopped since my cousin does not have a pool? It would only be 4 of us. I supposed we could tell the security guard that we are going to eat at the resort so we could park and get in.

Don't forget to bring some old refillable mugs with you in case you get thirsty!

rcapolete

It is amazing that some people don't see an issue with pool hopping. Would you mind if a person who lives in your town decides that he is going to take a dip in your pool when your not home cause hey why not.

Tom

Beta Return
If you ignore the fact that people want to take advantage of amenities they didn't pay for, it still comes down to safety (as others have said).

To rebut Epcotdad's comment about "taking his chances in a pool over second hand smoke" - you can move yourself away from smoke and be pretty darn safe. But if you have a child in an overcrowded pool who goes under and can't resurface, and the lifeguard can't get to them because the pool is wall-to-wall people, you might think differently when you're at that child's funeral.

For the same reason that only a certain number of guests can stay in specific hotel rooms, pools are designed for a certain number of occupants. And it's all because of safety.

Buildings - including hotels - are designed for a maximum number of people to reside in them safely, based on a number of factors including flame spread, level of fire protection, response times, etc.

The pools at the Disney resorts are installed in quantities and sizes appropriate to the number of guests likely to use them (based on ratios, historic numbers, etc). I'm sure there are laws regarding the ratio of lifeguards to pool occupants, but I can't cite that.

But if we circle back around to the ethics of it, if I pay $400/night to stay at the Poly, I've bought the right to use their awesome pools. If you only paid $89/night to stay at Pop Century, you only bought the right to use their pool, not mine.

If you want nicer things, you have to spend more money. But that's not the way our society is headed, and this pool issue is just the tip of the iceberg.

captainkidd

If you ignore the fact that people want to take advantage of amenities they didn't pay for, it still comes down to safety (as others have said).

To rebut Epcotdad's comment about "taking his chances in a pool over second hand smoke" - you can move yourself away from smoke and be pretty darn safe. But if you have a child in an overcrowded pool who goes under and can't resurface, and the lifeguard can't get to them because the pool is wall-to-wall people, you might think differently when you're at that child's funeral.

For the same reason that only a certain number of guests can stay in specific hotel rooms, pools are designed for a certain number of occupants. And it's all because of safety.

Buildings - including hotels - are designed for a maximum number of people to reside in them safely, based on a number of factors including flame spread, level of fire protection, response times, etc.

The pools at the Disney resorts are installed in quantities and sizes appropriate to the number of guests likely to use them (based on ratios, historic numbers, etc). I'm sure there are laws regarding the ratio of lifeguards to pool occupants, but I can't cite that.

But if we circle back around to the ethics of it, if I pay $400/night to stay at the Poly, I've bought the right to use their awesome pools. If you only paid $89/night to stay at Pop Century, you only bought the right to use their pool, not mine.

If you want nicer things, you have to spend more money. But that's not the way our society is headed, and this pool issue is just the tip of the iceberg.

This^^^, but you won't convince Epcotdad of any of this. After all, it's not rules or safety that's important. It's doing whatever you want that matters.

ERich2010

It is amazing that some people don't see an issue with pool hopping. Would you mind if a person who lives in your town decides that he is going to take a dip in your pool when your not home cause hey why not.

i would have a problem with that, but i wouldnt have a problem with him going to swim at the pool at the rec center :shrug:

i get why people are upset, but i also think that many are treating the pools as their own property. the pools arent yours, theyre Disneys. so when Disney tells me to leave the pool, i will. not when a resort guest tells me to.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
i would have a problem with that, but i wouldnt have a problem with him going to swim at the pool at the rec center :shrug:

i get why people are upset, but i also think that many are treating the pools as their own property. the pools arent yours, theyre Disneys. so when Disney tells me to leave the pool, i will. not when a resort guest tells me to.

But Disney told you not to come to the pool, because you didn't pay for it. But you came anyways. If you'll listen to Disney when they tell you to leave the pool, why won't you listen when they tell you not to come?

Disney offers a product for sale. You have the option to buy it or not to buy it. But you aren't satisfied with that, so you decide to take something that you didn't buy and that they didn't offer to sell. If we only follow the rules that are actively enforced, we're putting a whole lot of pressure on society.

Tom

Beta Return

Most municipal pools will either check ID to ensure you're a "local taxpayer" or charge a small fee to everyone. That's how they do it around here, anyway. If I want to swim at the pool in the next town over, I either have to prove that I paid to use that pool already (aka taxes) or give them an "out of towner" fee.

Disney told you to leave the pool before you arrived, by way of their Terms and Conditions and signage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom