Polynesian guest check at pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwfan22

Yes, years ago pool hopping was freely permitted. Part of the problem with that now would be that there are many more WDW hotel guests than there were back then, but a potentially bigger issue is that not all WDW Resort pools are created equal. Many value resort guests might like to experience the Polynesian pool, for instance, but the value resort pools do not hold the same appeal (or location) among other deluxe resort guests to help balance things out.

I wonder if people would be willing to pay for 'pool hopping privileges' (in very limited numbers so as not to overwhelm things)?

Pool hopping is the last thing we need right now. Disney has water parks for those that want a more themed atmosphere. I believe that if you want to use the pool at the poly or yacht club for instance then you need to pay to stay there.

Jimmy Thick

This is welcome news.

It may sound harsh, but people should not be using the same pools as the people who spent the money for the deluxe experience. There are pools at every Disney resort, use your own if you stayed on property and stay away from those you did not pay for.

Honestly, I would love to see them kick people out and offer my opinion of their wrong doings.

Jimmy Thick- A deluxe is not that hard on the wallet...

Victor Kelly

Couldn't care less. At POP Century the laundromat was next to the pool so we dumped our clothes in the wash and went swimming. We saw no need to pool hop and very frankly only people staying at a particular resort should be swimming in their resorts pool.

Nemo14

Just a question? Years ago wasn't it one of the benefits of staying on Disney to use the pools at the other hotels? Just curious.
Yes, when we first started staying on property, you were allowed to use any other resort's pool. This was before the values and before Y & B club though.

Chrononymous

On a related pool hopping note...At one time they encouraged hopping between the Port Orleans Pool and the Port Orleans Riverside pool (granted this was back when it was called Dixie Landings...) if you were staying at either resort.
Is that now frowned upon?

LudwigVonDrake

A few years ago I had friends staying at the BC and I was staying at All-Star Sports. They were allowed to "invite" me to swim in the pool and I was given a wrist band. Has that option changed? Can you bring guests to the pool?

Tom

Beta Return
A few years ago I had friends staying at the BC and I was staying at All-Star Sports. They were allowed to "invite" me to swim in the pool and I was given a wrist band. Has that option changed? Can you bring guests to the pool?

Depends on the "season". If the resorts are busy, they start cracking down on pool usage. If the place is half full, they're less apt to care.

joanna71985

On a related pool hopping note...At one time they encouraged hopping between the Port Orleans Pool and the Port Orleans Riverside pool (granted this was back when it was called Dixie Landings...) if you were staying at either resort.
Is that now frowned upon?

That's fine. Same goes for sharing the All Star pools

LudwigVonDrake

Depends on the "season". If the resorts are busy, they start cracking down on pool usage. If the place is half full, they're less apt to care.

It was in July 2007. July tends to be busy. Does it make a difference that my friends belong to the DVC? Don't know :)

hrcollectibles

I never understood why someone would want to pool hop. It seems a lot more work than its worth. You would have to board a bus to a theme park or downtown Disney and then take the bus to the resort you want to pool hop. Then, after being in the pool, you would have to find a place to change into some dry clothes then take the bus to A theme park or down town Disney to baord the bus to your resort. Why not visit one of the water parks?

wizards8507

In the middle of the four greatest theme parks in the world, and I'm befuddled at the people who decide to take part in an activity they could do at their local YMCA.

Like the rule though. They've been doing this in Vegas for years.

Tom

Beta Return
I never understood why someone would want to pool hop. It seems a lot more work than its worth. You would have to board a bus to a theme park or downtown Disney and then take the bus to the resort you want to pool hop. Then, after being in the pool, you would have to find a place to change into some dry clothes then take the bus to A theme park or down town Disney to baord the bus to your resort. Why not visit one of the water parks?

I completely agree. It's enough to get to and from your OWN resort's pool, let alone traveling across property to go swimming at another hotel.

Sure, it's free, but water is water. If you wanted a water slide at your pool, you should have booked at a Moderate Resort instead of a Value. Otherwise, just get in, cool off, and go change in the room.

Tom

Beta Return
In the middle of the four greatest theme parks in the world, and I'm befuddled at the people who decide to take part in an activity they could do at their local YMCA.

Like the rule though. They've been doing this in Vegas for years.

I feel the same way. We have municipal pools and even water parks around here. I can go swimming any time I want. I don't pay $2500 to swim at Disney World.

But, a lot of people do. I can see taking an afternoon dip to cool off, but if you want to spend an entire day at a "fancy pool", pay the $50 and go to a water park. Why ride a bus around property in your swimsuit just to break into someone else's pool? That's a lot of wasted time, if nothing else.

wizards8507

While I find your post offensive...it does bring up something I never thought about...since you can board a bus in DTD or at one of the water parks...what stops anyone who is not staying on a Disney property from going to any resort to swim??? I think I like the idea of the CM checking.

I'm 99.8% sure he was being sarcastic.

Tom

Beta Return
While I find your post offensive...it does bring up something I never thought about...since you can board a bus in DTD or at one of the water parks...what stops anyone who is not staying on a Disney property from going to any resort to swim??? I think I like the idea of the CM checking.

I agree on all accounts. His post was offensive (not to me, but I'm sure to many), and yes, people do abuse the DTD parking lot significantly. They stopped DTD-PARK buses for that very reason (or so I understand). It would not bother me one bit if they put a bit more effort into guarding the pools. When I pay to stay at a resort, I'm paying to use my fair share of it's pool as well. Theme park admission or a reservation at a Value Resort does not anyone the right to use the Poly's (or any other resort's) pool.

Is it BLT/Contemporary that have the card-swipe gates around the pool? I like that idea. No, it won't keep out people trailing someone else in, but it will cut down on unethical usage.

I'm 99.8% sure he was being sarcastic.

Sarcastic or not, it was a poor choice of words. Granted, it's pretty much exactly like something I'd say or think myself, but only in my own private cliques. Not on a public forum. The same thing could have been said without the use of the obviously racial stereotypes. Bad form.

wizards8507

Sarcastic or not, it was a poor choice of words. Granted, it's pretty much exactly like something I'd say or think myself, but only in my own private cliques. Not on a public forum. The same thing could have been said without the use of the obviously racial stereotypes. Bad form.

Probably true... I just think people are overly sensitive in general.

tecowdw

Ya, add me to the camp that don't understand why people pool hop. Of course, there probably are people that are not Disney resort guests at all and go to the resorts to swim. I welcome the effort to keep people honest. As for it being a "debbie downer" I don't really think so. It's just part of the reactions to the world we live in now days - too many people do the wrong thing and action has to be taken. Seems alot more people think about doing the wrong thing in today's society as so many people feel enititled to eveything.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom