1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Poly for a night...?

Discussion in 'WDW Resort Hotels' started by kimberlymautz, Jul 18, 2017.

1. crxbrett

crxbrett Well-Known Member

You've done a few already! Cool! Yacht Club is one of the ones I was contemplating trying next. But I think I am going to probably do Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Bourdwalk Inn. Yeah, the pool area of the YC looks pretty amazing. And you can't beat it's location. Walking distance or boat to both Epcot and the Studios within minutes.

I'm surprised you're excited about the Pop Century since it seems below the Caribbean.

This will be my 9th vacation to DW and 9th time to the Poly. Lol I just fell in love with that resort since I first visited as a kid. Funny story and a testament to my love for the Poly. About 25 years ago Disney overbooked the Poly one year and called to offer my family a free upgrade to the Grand Floridian. Yep. We turned the offer down.

But me and my GF are going to try the AKL for 3 nights next year before we finish the trip out at the Poly. So I am excited and a little anxious to try a new Disney resort!! I think the Y&BC, the Swalphin, the Boardwalk, the Contemporary, WL, PO and GF are next on my list.

2. BuddyThomas

BuddyThomas Well-Known Member

I feel like it would just be a tease. You know how time flies at WDW. By the time you check in, you'll blink and you'll be checking out.

drizgirl likes this.
  3. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

Have fun doing this! We've made a point to make sure my immediate family has stayed in all WDW DVC resorts. We're down to 3 for everyone. I've been in all myself, but not all in my name. It's kind of a fun thing to try to do.

I know how you feel about All-Stars. I haven't made the goal of doing those for my family. We're happy in our rooms. Pop is better IMO than All Stars so I hope you enjoy.

4. Dave Ber

Dave Ber Member

Have you visited the Animal Kingdom Lodge before, or will this be your first time at the resort?

I ask, because we are a lot like you, LOVE the Poly, we stopped by AK Lodge on our last visit in March and it was a HUGE letdown, I am not trying to get you down, but I think you would enjoy the Beach or Yacht club A LOT more than AK Lodge

crxbrett likes this.
  5. crxbrett

crxbrett Well-Known Member

I have never stayed there, but I did eat at Jiko and explored the resort once before. I love the Poly and it is the only place I have ever stayed. My GF loves animals though and loves the African theme, so she's pushing hard for the AKL lol I probably would like the Beach or Yacht Club more, but I am willing to give the AKL a shot! Their dining is good at least!

6. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

Well to give a different opinion, we adore Polynesian and loved AKL even more than the Beach Club! I always say give a new place a chance. We have not had what I would ever call a bad Disney stay anywhere we have been.

7. EOD K9

EOD K9 Well-Known Member

When is your trip? I may have some points to rent.

8. kimberlymautz

kimberlymautz Well-Known Member Original Poster

Late spring, though dates haven't been set yet. We're thinking end of April/early May.

9. EOD K9

EOD K9 Well-Known Member

I may have enough points for one night in a studio. Let me know when you can.