Poly for a night...?

crxbrett

You've done a few already! Cool! Yacht Club is one of the ones I was contemplating trying next. But I think I am going to probably do Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Bourdwalk Inn. Yeah, the pool area of the YC looks pretty amazing. And you can't beat it's location. Walking distance or boat to both Epcot and the Studios within minutes.

I'm surprised you're excited about the Pop Century since it seems below the Caribbean.

This will be my 9th vacation to DW and 9th time to the Poly. Lol I just fell in love with that resort since I first visited as a kid. Funny story and a testament to my love for the Poly. About 25 years ago Disney overbooked the Poly one year and called to offer my family a free upgrade to the Grand Floridian. Yep. We turned the offer down.

But me and my GF are going to try the AKL for 3 nights next year before we finish the trip out at the Poly. So I am excited and a little anxious to try a new Disney resort!! I think the Y&BC, the Swalphin, the Boardwalk, the Contemporary, WL, PO and GF are next on my list.

correcaminos

I'm in very early stages. I've been to WDW more times than I can count, but growing up, my family had a timeshare so we always stayed off site.
So far, I've stayed at CBR, CR, and YC. Of those, YC wins by a landslide, and like you, my DH only wants to go back there when we go again as a family in June 2019. I'd like to try any of the other Epcot area resorts, Poly, and WL next. YC was awesome for the pool and location. A lot of people complain it lacks theming, but we really loved it.
CR comes in second, although we didn't stay long. Location was great, room was really spacious, but pool was lacking.
CBR was years ago. It just seemed like a glorified motel. We packed our family of 6 in the room (this was before magicbands) and it just wasn't great.
I'm actually going with a school group in October and we're doing Pop. I'm excited as Pop and AoA have been at the top of my value resort choices. I think I'll be fine if we never star at any of the All-Stars, but I'm willing to give them a shot. I also have POR and POFQ on the list as well to do sooner than later.
Have fun doing this! We've made a point to make sure my immediate family has stayed in all WDW DVC resorts. We're down to 3 for everyone. I've been in all myself, but not all in my name. It's kind of a fun thing to try to do.

I know how you feel about All-Stars. I haven't made the goal of doing those for my family. We're happy in our rooms. Pop is better IMO than All Stars so I hope you enjoy.

Dave B

You've done a few already! Cool! Yacht Club is one of the ones I was contemplating trying next. But I think I am going to probably do Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Bourdwalk Inn. Yeah, the pool area of the YC looks pretty amazing. And you can't beat it's location. Walking distance or boat to both Epcot and the Studios within minutes.

I'm surprised you're excited about the Pop Century since it seems below the Caribbean.

This will be my 9th vacation to DW and 9th time to the Poly. Lol I just fell in love with that resort since I first visited as a kid. Funny story and a testament to my love for the Poly. About 25 years ago Disney overbooked the Poly one year and called to offer my family a free upgrade to the Grand Floridian. Yep. We turned the offer down.

But me and my GF are going to try the AKL for 3 nights next year before we finish the trip out at the Poly. So I am excited and a little anxious to try a new Disney resort!! I think the Y&BC, the Swalphin, the Boardwalk, the Contemporary, WL, PO and GF are next on my list.
Have you visited the Animal Kingdom Lodge before, or will this be your first time at the resort?

I ask, because we are a lot like you, LOVE the Poly, we stopped by AK Lodge on our last visit in March and it was a HUGE letdown, I am not trying to get you down, but I think you would enjoy the Beach or Yacht club A LOT more than AK Lodge

crxbrett

Have you visited the Animal Kingdom Lodge before, or will this be your first time at the resort?

I ask, because we are a lot like you, LOVE the Poly, we stopped by AK Lodge on our last visit in March and it was a HUGE letdown, I am not trying to get you down, but I think you would enjoy the Beach or Yacht club A LOT more than AK Lodge

I have never stayed there, but I did eat at Jiko and explored the resort once before. I love the Poly and it is the only place I have ever stayed. My GF loves animals though and loves the African theme, so she's pushing hard for the AKL lol I probably would like the Beach or Yacht Club more, but I am willing to give the AKL a shot! Their dining is good at least!

correcaminos

I have never stayed there, but I did eat at Jiko and explored the resort once before. I love the Poly and it is the only place I have ever stayed. My GF loves animals though and loves the African theme, so she's pushing hard for the AKL lol I probably would like the Beach or Yacht Club more, but I am willing to give the AKL a shot! Their dining is good at least!
Well to give a different opinion, we adore Polynesian and loved AKL even more than the Beach Club! I always say give a new place a chance. We have not had what I would ever call a bad Disney stay anywhere we have been.

EOD K9

My family (myself, boyfriend, DD (6), and DS (6m) will be heading to WDW I'm the spring and while the details aren't 100% in place yet, I'm trying to start getting them there. We will be staying off property from Sunday to Sunday with my parents however we're thinking of adding a few days to the beginning or end of our trip. If we do add some more days, Poly is most likely out of the question, but if we don't I was thinking of seeing if my parents would take the kiddos one night so boyfriend and I could spend a night at the Poly. It's his favorite resort and every time we are down he mentions how he can't wait to stay there someday.
Is it worth it for just one night? I'm going to be out of work for a couple of months after little dude is born (due in October!) or I'd try to swing a longer stay there. Or is it better to just wait and stay there next time we are down (probably fall 2019)?
When is your trip? I may have some points to rent.

James Clifton

Been going to WDW for a long time as a "young" man went with a group & I fell in love with the Poly,at that time it was $80 a night & I wondered HOW I would ever get that much $..just to stay one night.. Fast forward, stayed in the Poly many times & price didn't matter.Then stayed in the WL & others.Now I would rather stay in the WL than the POLY. Last yr.I decided to try something different,instead of Deluxe ,I stayed at the POFQ! Nice & quiet,I liked it!The WL is still my favorite!
Jim

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom