Planning a Proposal

izzi

Here's what you have to do

I proposed at CRT on Dec 28 and it was GREAT. You have to call the manager for CRT, you can get his number from disney dining I believe. He is a really nice guy and you don't have to be 180. The reservations will be made with him and then you will confirm with him around 30 days out with a credit card. Good luck.

izzi

Scar Junior

This is a beautiful idea. Even though I figure I'm 10 years from getting married, I have thought about something similar to this.

You may want to ask the manager at CRT when Wishes is going on. The fireworks would add so much...

Best of luck, bud.

Nansafan

I believe that it is 7:00 AM eastern time, so use that as your gauge. (This is what I remember from trying to make a Cindy breakfast PS back in 2003.) You could always call early in the AM and try to make the ressie even though you know its before 180 days to test the time they open.

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your help. I really just want to get this all set up and not have to think about it anymore for a few weeks and start thinking about what im going to say to her father.

tirian

izzi said:
I proposed at CRT on Dec 28 and it was GREAT. You have to call the manager for CRT, you can get his number from disney dining I believe. He is a really nice guy and you don't have to be 180. The reservations will be made with him and then you will confirm with him around 30 days out with a credit card. Good luck.
izzi

Jim is no longer the manager at CRT. The new manager, a female, does not make special accomodations for engagements; and she won't guarantee a window location for fireworks. If you want to propose here, make sure you call WDW-DINE exactly 180 days in advance!

jedimaster1227

coastermaster83 said:
Ok gang Ive talked to a few people on the forum about some information, but now its time to get some help from others because I don't want to keep bugging the same people over and over again.

As of right now I want to do CRT at dinner time for my marriage proposal next Feb or March 07 and I know that I have to call the Dinning Phone number to set all that up, but what I want to know is does the 180 days rule to make reservations count still or since its a proposal can I make them sooner then that?

Also any tips anyone has I would be glad to hear them. I'm Already starting to get nervous about all this. I just got the ring yesterday so I'm already on the road to no return.:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Congradulations and good luck! :D :D :wave: :D :D

coastermaster83

Original Poster
tirian said:
Jim is no longer the manager at CRT. The new manager, a female, does not make special accomodations for engagements; and she won't guarantee a window location for fireworks. If you want to propose here, make sure you call WDW-DINE exactly 180 days in advance!

You would think of all people that a female would want to make someones day special but I guess not. What is it with people and not wanting to be cool and make some magic anymore around disney. I've been 3 times this year and the park seems like it gets more and more unmagical and dull. It's starting to be like Six Flags, No characters out other then the normal ones and nobody is friendly and magical. When Disney starts being unmagical is when the world ends we all know that for a fact so what's happening to our world.:lookaroun
Bring back Jim the Nice CRT manager and oust the mean lady.
Gosh there is no way on earth Im going to get the date I want.

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Does anybody know if the mean lady is still running CRT or if they got someone new thats nicer to proposals or not. I know I'm really looking forward to this next Feb and I'm hoping with it being the Year of Million Dreams that things will be even more awesome then normal.

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Ok well a little update here. I called Dining again saturday afternoon and got told that it was still too early to make reservations but I knew that already but I did get a guy that was really nice and gave me the number for CRT to talk to them. So I called and left a message and still haven't heard anything back. Does anybody know how long it should take them to call me back or should I just try calling them again. I want to get all the information from them and see what all I need to get done before I make my reservations.

lifeguard1020

Good Luck To You...

I am also planning a proposal at WDW...
My girlfriend (and hopeful future fiance, fingers crossed) has never ben to WDW before, and I figured, what better time/place to pop her the question...
It is super short notice, but we're staying at the OKW Aug 21-26...My plan was this, our first night is a monday, (I was pretty sure that MK had the EMH for monday nights) I was going to do it late after closing right in front of the castle when it is less crowded and everyhting is lit up all nice and everything...I thought it would be a little bit different...Let me know what you think...

Dan

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Sounds pretty cool, but it looks like the first night you are there MGM has EMH not MK. In fact from what Im looking at MK doesnt have any EHM at Night while you are there only on the morning of the 24. Its a great plan and you might think about even though you dont have EMH just sitting on a bench after wishes at 10pm and waiting for people to just clear out and then pop the question.

I'm personally going for a more expense route since my girlfriend and I live in Tampa and go to Disney 2 or 3 times a year and I wanted somethign different that shes never done before.

But good luck on whatever you deside to do and I hope she says yes.

DisneySaint

I proposed in CRT in October '04. Didn't go exactly as planned but definently came out good! If you have a question I can try to answer it.

You can see pictures at http://photos.yahoo.com/vemnox . Click on Disney (October 2004). It's about 1/4th of the way down.

By the way, I was married this May! :)

syoungkin

Cinderella's Royal Table

First, in regards to "the mean lady", unless we are talking about 2 totally different women, the manager I dealt with was very pleasant and friendly. The process I used was to make the normal reservation 180 days in advance and then I called the manager to discuss the engagement (mine was in the morning). She explained to me what would be included in the package and then recommended that I call back in approximately 3 months (they only need about 90 days warning to get the slipper engraved as well as set everything else up).

As for that morning, she didn't promise a window seat but I ended up getting one and I have a feeling by the way we had to wait a little bit longer than others (not much--just about 10-15 minutes) that they were setting that one aside just for us. When I talked to her that morning (so she could explain exactly what would occur and for me to give her the ring), she was once again very pleasant and friendly. She and the other cast members helped make it into a morning that my fiancee still regards as one of the best days she's ever had and still brags about.

Now, as to why she hasn't called you back. That could be because she hasn't had a chance. I wouldn't stress over it (you'll have enough to stress over once the engagement begins). Just wait until the 180-day window begins, call PRECISELY at 7 AM and then call the manager and she will then work everything out. Mostly, just have fun with it and not worry.

XNightmaresX

to me, you dont have to listen to me, but i wish you'd do it somewhere where not everyone has done it. i've read so many stories of being proposed to in front of the castle or at cinderellas castle or during the fireworks. its really beautiful and romantic, but its not personal to me. why not do it on or in front of her favorite attraction.. or favorite restaurant or something that the 2 of you love and its your "spot". my fiance could've proposed to me at california grill at our window seat during the fireworks, but he proposed at the top of spaceship earth with the shooting stars and to me, that was the best proposal in the world. it was unique and personal. ok once again, dont listen to me if you dont want haha

p.s. to me, i would've had a clue that you were proposing if you had a window seat at cinderellas castle during the fireworks. to me, that screams proposal

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Update: Well Sarah From CRT called me back but wouldn't you know it that my stupid phone would be in a dead zone in my office and it went straight to voicemaill GRR... Anyways she told me all they have left for the 14th is 4:00pm and 5:30pm for dinnertime so I guess 5:30pm that is she can get back to me and its not all gone. If not I just moved it too the the 16th and see about that day. I mean its not the 14th but its close enough. I'm getting so so so so so excited.

I still cant believe that I found the right girl for me after dating just one other girl. God Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts is the story of my life though.:D

lifeguard1020

I thought about that...

XNightmaresX said:
=why not do it on or in front of her favorite attraction.. or favorite restaurant or something that the 2 of you love and its your "spot".

I thought about doing it somewhere else. I really put a whole lot of thought into it actually, but the biggest point is, She's never been before. To me, I wouldn't care at all where I do it, but for her, I know it will make a HUGE difference...

Dan

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Sara, from CRT just called me back at 7 this evening and everything is set and ready too go and I'm Uber Excited now. She explained everything too me and how it would all work out. Im so so so so so ready for all this... Now I just have to talk to Daddy in December EeEeeeeeekkkkk.

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Hey does anybody thats proposed at CRT have a close up photo of the glass slipper they bring the ring out in. Im trying to figure out what to put on mine and need some idea of how big it is and about how much room I have to fit words onto it. I just need a photo of either of the sides to see what kindof space I have to work with and all. Thanks Gang.

mom2of2

you may want to call CRT directly since the glass slipper that they were using (the $60 one) has been discontinued. There is a larger one but that is $90something. If that one is the one that they will be using...it's big! room enough for "will you marry me" on one side and your name and dates on the other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom