Planning a Proposal

Teenchy

Hey everyone! Would someone be able to post the number for CRT? I thought I had the correct number (407) 824-4477, and I get a recording indictating it as such.

However I have left three messages: Sunday, Wednesday and Friday, and still not received a response back. The message indicates a call back should be expected within 72 hours... but there's been no luck at all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much!

Try 407-939-3463 7am-10pm
or
1-877-939-3732

coastermaster83

Original Poster
I think CRT's having a back log of calls on their line due to P&P going on right now, THey are normally right on the ball and call back in less then 72 hours. Call again on monday if they dont call you and then call the dinning line on wednesday if they dont call you by then.

lpet11984

Ok well I thought I would post a little update on here for those of you that have been keeping up with my postings. I finally got a new job and things are back on track for me and ready to go. I talked to her Father last thursday night and he told me I could propose as along as we take a trip up to see him and talk to him after we are engaged so everythings working out great and Im so looking more and more forward to it as the date gets closer. Well thats all for now my next post will probably be after I propose to keep checking back folks.

I'm so excited for you and your girlfriend! Can't wait to hear all about it when it's all said and done...not too long now! :)

coastermaster83

Original Poster
I'm so excited for you and your girlfriend! Can't wait to hear all about it when it's all said and done...not too long now! :)

Thanks Alot, one week left, Man Im starting to get really excited and she has no clue whats coming. She just thinks Im taking her to dinner some place, and we are going to someplace we have never been before. I got the park hopper tickets last week and some of the new Disney dollars that im going to get framed with some of the photos after its all said and done and get to her as a gift in a few weeks so that will be fun too. She asked if we are going one place on the 14th or multiple places so I said 4 or 5 just too throw her off. Im trying to decide if I blind fold her again like it did the first time I took her to disney for her birthday the one year. Anyways time for sleep before work. Look for a update next week. WAHOOOO

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Ok everybody well heres my photo bucket with some of the photos from last night hope you all enjoy.

Click Here for Photos

I will post the story tomorrow morning after I get out of work. Thanks everybody again for all the help and advise for the last 8 months

Teenchy

Congrats....looks like every thing worked out perfectly....good luck and best wishes to you both.

Now all the stress is gone.....oh yea there is the planning for the wedding!;)

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Congrats....looks like every thing worked out perfectly....good luck and best wishes to you both.

Now all the stress is gone.....oh yea there is the planning for the wedding!;)

Yeah the wedding planning has already started from the moment we left CRT it started.

Anyways I thought I would give a little run down of our day. :wave: Warning this is rather long and my grammer is off cus I'm really tried but I wanted to post this.:wave:

We arrived at 8:30am at Epcot and parked about 3 rows out from the park and headed up to get our tickets ( I bought trade in vouchers from AAA ahead of time). We got into the park at 850 and headed straight for Soar'in our favorite ride at Epcot grabbed a fast pass and then hopped inline and got on in about 10 mins time. Came out and rode living with the land in a boat all to ourselves ( I'm still trying to figure out why in the world this attraction has fast pass). went back on Soar'in then headed over to the seas and rode Nemo and then booked it too test track and rode it at this point it was 11am and we decided to go to leave Epcot and go to Animal Kingdom and ride Everest and see Nemo the Stage show, on our way out we saw a bunch of Valentines day pins and I told her we would get them later in the day ( this would prove to be a pain in the butt but thats later in the story).

We hoped in the Car and drove to AK since it would be alot faster from what Ive read here on the boards. We got to AK front gate at 11:30am after riding the tram in from 400 miles out. She and I headed to everest and found fast passes to be for 400-500 in the afternoon and the standby line to be 60 Mins long. She and I decided we didn't have the time to wait that long so we skipped everest this trip and headed for Nemo only to find the next show to be like 2something so that didn't work with us getting to Magic Kingdom and riding some stuff. So we grabbed a light snack of Chicken Strips from one of the little grab and go shops on the back Pathway and then decided to head back to Epcot to park and go back in and do Leave a Legacy which didnt open till 12:30pm at day. On our way out Tough to be a Bug was starting and I had never seen it so she and I went in and Saw it and I must say one of, if not the best 4d shows I've seen. Anyways we left AK after that and went back to Epcot and parked and went thru security again and did Leave a Legacy and then hopped on the Monorail to the TTC and then to Magic Kingdom. On a side note I think that was only the second time I've ridden the Epcot monorail.

We sat on the MK Monorail track for 10 mins while they did a afternoon safety check and then got into the Park at 2pm. The park was crowded but not bad we hit up tomorrowland first and got a FP for Space Mountain and then rode COP (my favorite ride in tomorrowland and Mr. Iger if you happen to be on the boards and read this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give this ride a major rehab with new AA its a classic that should be preserved). We hopped over and did our Fast Pass of Space mountain after that and I had a major migraine after riding from the lady behind me that kept leaning forward and screaming right in my ear :mad: Anyways after that we did TTA and then went over the Adventure Land to ride the new Pirates. I must say Im very very very impressed with the retheming of the ride and them removing fast pass it great as well. (My fiancee almost got killed by the jack sparrow look alike that was running away after doing his little bit out in front of the ride.) At this point in our day my girlfriend decided it was about 430 and she wanted to shop before we left the park for dinner (I told her we were going someplace outside of the park for dinner and we would leave at 515 for our reservation at 530 and no she still was clueless at this point).

This is the point were things start getting to be a pain in the butt. All of the pin stores had the 3 pin Valentines day sets that we had seen earlier in the day. But none of them had more then one or two of the other pins we had seen and she was looking for a certain one that we had seen at Epcot. We looked around at the pin store in Frontierland but no luck. So I decided we would head out to Main street and look so we went to main street and she found one that was ok but not the one she totally wanted. (I was planning on getting her the 3 piece set but it was to be a surprise for later in the night on our way out of the park). We also went to the Emporium and she found a bracelet with Mickeys that I bought her. At the Register they were selling these throws/blankets for $15 if you bought $60 worth of stuff and the guy told us it could be $60 dollars spent anywhere in the park during the day and just bring all the receipts and I could get one (more on this later). At this point it was 5:00 and I still needed to kill time before telling her were she was going to dinner at so I said lets go back to ride buzz or do Toon Town so we went to Toon town and went thru Minnies house and then into the shop beside it. She finally found the pin she wanted and I got it and we headed to the bathroom so she could do her hair for dinner before we left the park (she still thought we were leaving). So after that we headed towards the back of the castle thru Fantasyland were I told her finally were she was going and she was so excited.

(At this point I'm going to break and post a second post, see below for about dinner and the proposal.)

coastermaster83

Original Poster
The Engagement Part 2

Ok so we get our ticket to get our photos inside the castle and proceed into the castle. Inside is beautiful (being a Architecture student I'm in Awe), we got our photos and head upstairs to be seated. Upstairs as we are being taken too our seats she keeps saying ask the lady for a window seat please please and I'm like no its were they seat you not your choice. Knowing full well that we are getting a center row window seat. We get seated and I see the manager and he sees me, so I tell her I have to go to the bathroom and proceed down stairs to hand of the ring to him and go over last minute details. I come back and I'm nervous as anything and cant think straight. I ordered a coke and Spring roll and Man that was a good spring roll and I hate Cabbage and I still liked it. We both got a great laugh when she ordered water and they bought out a bottle of Evian that is about as tall as my fiancee. For the man course I got the prime rib and she had the pasta and both were awesome. When Jay took our order for the main course he took the menus knowing we wouldn't be ordering desert from them :D. As we are eating my fiancee says HEY I didn't get to see whats on the desert Menu (she loves deserts) so I calmly told her its a special desert for tonight with it being Valentines Day, shes like oh ok. At this point the fairy godmother comes out and does her show. At the end of it my fiancee says I need to use the bathroom where is it and I said NO SIT DOWN THE SHOWS NOT OVER ITS JUST A BREAK, As I'm telling her this Jay and Julio the Manager come out carrying the ring on its tray and the champaign (not really champaign its just apple something) on its tray. Jay says prince we have a special something for you and lifts the lid and she goes into shock and its now my cue and the whole room is watching me. I drop to my knee and start to speak from my heart but my lips wont move and finally I have to just say "Jessica will you marry me" and she says YES and I put the ring on her finger and everyone started clapping and the CRT staff is snapping photos like crazy and I felt like I was a Celeb in Hollywood. At this point they gave us the toasting glasses and then brought out our deserts and then it was all over. Everyone kept coming by and congratulating us the STAFF was AWESOME. We collected our stuff and headed out of the castle for the night and made it over to frontierland just in time for SpectroMagic and then Watched our first WISHES as a engaged couple, which was priceless. To end the night on a awesome note my best friend came over and surprised us at the front gates to MK and took photos of us and all and told me he was sent by 15 other people to get photos and report back as to how it went.:sohappy:

coastermaster83

Original Poster
The Engagement Part 3

Ok so some finally thoughts on the day.

Well after all was said and done I stopped at the pin store on main street and spent 45 buck so that made it so I bought 60 dollars worth of stuff thru out the day so I went over to the emporium to get that throw/blanket the guy had said was 15 dollars if you spent 60 in the park and the lady told me. Im sorry its only if you spend 60 dollars in the emporium not the whole park so I didnt get that and I was kind mad that I had been told the wrong thing cus that throw is really cool.

Anyways some questions for the day,

Why does it look like theres 2 lime monorail and do they ever plan on upgrading these to a mark 7 or 8?

What show was taping in the rose garden that night, they had a huge orange tent set up and a big white Grand piano?

On our way out of the park during the mass exodus out of the park why on earth did they drive one of the old double decker buses up main street towards the hub?

Final Thoughts.

The whole CRT package was great and I loved every minute of it and hope to return on my honeymoon.

Pirates and The Seas with Nemo and Friends look simply amazing and the queues are beautiful.

Well thats about all if I can think of anything else I'll post it. sorry all of this was so long folks.

mom2of2

earlier in the day there was an actual wedding on the steps/stage of the castle. The tent was where the reception was held. The couple had won the wedding from Bride Magazine and it was worth $100,000. There were film crews there from ET and The Food Network.

DiPSU224

earlier in the day there was an actual wedding on the steps/stage of the castle. The tent was where the reception was held. The couple had won the wedding from Bride Magazine and it was worth $100,000. There were film crews there from ET and The Food Network.

I think that episode of ET was supposed to air on Friday night! My TiVo taped it for me but I think it was bumped for another episode of "breaking Anna Nicole news". Hopefully it will be on again soon!

Your proposal sounds beautiful! The ring is GORGEOUS!

We had dinner at CRT the night we were engaged as well. I thought for sure he was going to do it at dinner and I was so bummed when he didn't...little did I know he was saving it for Wishes. You're so lucky you had someone to take pictures! What a great memento to have! Good luck with wedding plans :sohappy:

Teenchy

Great to hear your full story...I know that feeling in your stomach before you pop the big question! Can you imagine what it was like for my wife and I planning a surprise wedding! (see link to that story in my signature below).

I'm surprised they did the "Brides magazine" wedding during the day??? Was it done when the park was open?? That seems like they are taking a chance with all the guest around. Or was the tent still up and they filmed it when the park was closed?

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Hey I thought of something else I wanted to ask you guys. Does anybody know why half the floats for spectromagic were missing, I cant remember all of them but I know Cherabog was missing because hes my favorite float from teh first time I say Spectro and I was sad he wasnt in it again Since this is only the second time I've been to the park when its been running.

UKHelen

Congratulations!!! I hope you will have a long and happy future together.

Sounds like a fantastic proposal and so nice that you have lots of pictures! Reading the engagement posts is a lovely way to start a monday morning at work!!!

coastermaster83

Original Poster
hey gang I thought of another question I have for all you that have stayed on property. I want to stay at one of the deluxe hotels on the MK monorail loop and my fiancee has said before she likes the poly and the grand, so my question is which ones better. We are going to be going to Gatlinburg TN for our first week and I wanted to suprise her with a second week or maybe just 4 days at Disney and Im trying to figure out which hotel is better. I know I want one that overlooks the MK. Any help would be great Thanks.

Dukeblue1016

could someone tell me how much the CRT engagement package costs? I wasn't planning on doing anything like this when I propose next January; but I wanna at least have it in mind... my girlfriend might like it and so maybe I'll do it. Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom