Planning a Proposal

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Ok gang Ive talked to a few people on the forum about some information, but now its time to get some help from others because I don't want to keep bugging the same people over and over again.

As of right now I want to do CRT at dinner time for my marriage proposal next Feb or March 07 and I know that I have to call the Dinning Phone number to set all that up, but what I want to know is does the 180 days rule to make reservations count still or since its a proposal can I make them sooner then that?

Also any tips anyone has I would be glad to hear them. I'm Already starting to get nervous about all this. I just got the ring yesterday so I'm already on the road to no return.:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

mom2of2

I believe you have to do the 180 rule, you can always call and ask though.
~keeping my fingers crossed that you are the only engagment that night!~

MadMax11

I was going to do this at the California Grille...but didn't. Lost my voice :) So had to delay a day...ended up doing it at the dinner in the castle and was so glad I did. I got them the ring early in the day...they put it in a glass slipper. After my meal, they brought the glass slipper out on a dessert tray, accompanied by Cinderella. (that was a surprise..i didn't know she'd be coming out, too). I got down on a knee with the glass slipper and popped the question. 9 years and 2 kids later, it's all good! :D

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Ya I cant wait to pop the question!!! I mean everybody knows we are going to get married since we have been together for 3 years and 4 months, Its just a matter of she and I finishing college before we do. I hope to be finished in Dec. if my college doesnt keep jerking me around with stupid rules and she hopes to be finished next summer. But on our last trip a few weeks ago to MK she was like, whats in the castle and I told her cast stuff and a rest. and shes like I want to eat there so I told her sometime we would and I think I can pull all this off and she will just think Im taking her there for dinner. But thanks for all the help guys. Anyone else that wants to chime in please do.

Number_6

Sounds like you've got a good idea there. It never hurts to call and ask if you can get it set up ahead of time. I don't know what their reservation software is set up like, so it may be that it won't let them do anything more than 180 days out, so that they don't have to try to figure out what the latest possible date is. Give them a call and see what they can do for you. If for some reason you are unable to get the day you want, when you finally are able to make ressies, keep calling back. Alot of people will book for any day they can get and then keep trying back. When they find a better day, they cancel the previous reservation which makes it open for someone else. Oh, and when you do finally pop the question, try to have someone with a camera nearby to take picutres and let us know how it all turns out. :D

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Oh I plan to have my camera and hers and my video camera with me so I get ever minute of this on film. If I dont her mom and sister will both kill me.

oochr1soo

I guess im behind here but whats a CRT? Sounds like you got a good plan going.. I always think how awesome it would be to propose to my gf in disney..

tirian

Call Disney Events planning (this is not the Disney Events Group). As of now, someone will help you set up the entire thing.

For years, Disney hasn't had an official engagement service; but there is a girl there now who can set things up for you (she did it for my coworker!).

EDIT:
If you aren't completely determined to do this at Cinderella's Royal Table, ask about the Grand Floridian package. You can propose at a private table overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon, and even have butler service! It actually costs about the same as CRT, and the food is much better. This is what my friend did.

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Ok so they now have a person whos sole purpose in life in to plan engagements? sweet! Anybody know the number for Disney Events planning or a email address? Thanks

coastermaster83

Original Poster
im still looking for that phone number if anybody knows it. I've been working on projects for work and havent had a moment to call disney about it yet.

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Ok I found out some information today from WDW DINE they told me I have to wait till 180 days before and just hope nobody is booking the 14th of Feb and then call 180 days before and make the reservations with them and tell them I want to propose and then once im in the system I can call this other number and set up everything else. Its kindof annoying to have to wait till august to make the reservation but oh well what can I do.

cdunbar

Being that u wanna do it on valentines day u should totally do it the very first day possible since it is such a popular place to do this at and a popular day to do it.

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Ya well I also have a back up plan of having in on the 16th and just telling her its her valentines day present that we are going to Disney and CRT for dinner. But Im really hoping to get CRT on Valentines and I would really love to hit it just right to have the fireworks in the background when I do Propose.

DiPSU224

coastermaster83 said:
Ya well I also have a back up plan of having in on the 16th and just telling her its her valentines day present that we are going to Disney and CRT for dinner. But Im really hoping to get CRT on Valentines and I would really love to hit it just right to have the fireworks in the background when I do Propose.

I love your enthusiasm for this! I hope it goes exactly the way you wish! Disney proposals are the best! :wave:

tirian

coastermaster83 said:
im still looking for that phone number if anybody knows it. I've been working on projects for work and havent had a moment to call disney about it yet.

Oops! I'm sorry! I haven't checked this thread in a long time, and assumed you got the number from Disney.

There is no longer an official "Engagement Planner" at WDW; that girl has moved to a different role. However, if you want to do the package at the Grand Floridian, you can call them directly and request information. I can't guarantee that the receptionist will know the answer, but the events coordinator should.

As for CRT, it has a new manager; and unlike the older one, she does not go out of her way for proposals. If you want to propose there, you will have to follow the WDW-Dine recommendation and call 180 days in advance like everyone else. You can still get the proposal package with the slipper and such, but they won't guarantee fireworks anymore.

Like I said earlier, I really prefer the Grand Floridian package. You will have a private dinner overlooking the castle, and it's all timed so that the first fireworks go off when you pop the question. It's the same price as the Castle, too! This is where I plan to propose to my girlfriend. :D

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Ya Im still trying to do the CRT thing, but I might put the Grand Floridian as a backup. I mean you never know with Disney.
Also hey its still a ways off so maybe they will fire the crappy manager and Ill get someone that will be all cool I mean from what I know about Disney people tend to jump around alot.
But yea Im already getting nervious about it all and I still have 8+ months to get it all planned out and done.

coastermaster83

Original Poster
Ok I know Ill probably get jumped for double posting but its been a while and I wanted to give an update for you all. The Ring finally came in and it looks AMAZING. I go to talk to her dad sometime over labor day or maybe early Nov. not sure on that. I called Disney about CRT and they told me I would have to call back on Aug 18th to make the reservations and then call the wedding and engagement department to handle the rest of things.

I do have one question if someone out there can help me and thats what time does the Dinning reservation hotline open in the morning cus I got told 8:30pm on the phone by the girl I talked too and I thought I had read 7:30pm some where on this site.

othen then that its just all waiting and wanting it too happen sooner then Feb. 2007.

Jenerella

I got engadged in Disney World, in front of the castle during the fantasy in the sky fireworks. (now its called "wishes"). It was amazing. When we got back to our hotel(Port Orleans riverside), my family members had a cake for us
that had mickey and minnie on top holding hands. The hotel gave it to them for no charge. It looked like a wedding cake, it was beautiful. Congratulations and no matter what you do, she won't turn you down.!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom