Pin Collectors

tiggerlover1971

Original Poster
some of you might know i am a pin collector Is there anyone in here that are pin collectors? also i went to my disney store yesterday(yes i still have one) and found a deal i found a lanyard package with four pins 2to keep and 2to trade for $15. they also had a mickey and minnie one and a princess one. Ijust thought i would share this because the cast members in the store said that it was cheaper then getting the set in the park

DanStat

Cool! I think the Disney Store is starting the trading thing too!

I just got one of the 100 YOM "Magical" pins yesterday...I've got one more in the mail, and then I will need EPCOT, and the Studios.

SnowWhite5669

Disney Store gets new pins every week (I am a cast member) and they go out as soon as the shipment comes in. We used to wait until Saturdays to put out the new pins. There are a lot of cool ones for 4th of July. They are much cheaper than the parks, the average price is $4 and that even includes the 4th of July light up one. We were doing pin trading every Tuesday night but that has sort of died out. We are not wearing the lanyards right now because of Lilo & Stitch but when that promotion is over we are back to wearing the lanyards. I don't really collect but I do buy the ones for the holidays and special ones that I really like. I haven't traded any yet but who knows we are going back to Disney in 18 days and I actually may bring all of pins and see what it's all about. :sohappy: :sohappy:

dizpins14

Well we won't go into how many thousands of dollars I've spent on pins. I'm not one of the biggest pin traders out there but I've been to four pin events including the big one last August and I have 2 binders and 2 large pin boards that are all filled with pins mainly Limited Edition from the different parks.

WDWFanatic

I'm a pin collector too. I just recently got my hands on a DCA ground breaking pin with the gold dust in it. I bought my dad a pair of monorail pilot wings online. I must have spent hundreds on pins online. I love castmember pins. Its getting them without paying so much that is the pain.

NADisney

This is probly one of my worst disney obbsesions next to disney snowglobes.....lol.I have 4 binders and a carry case for my pin collection.I'v finally received the fourth PotC pin set from disneyland,I also have some musical pins Based on the Main St Electrical Parade .I'll be at WDW july6-11 buying more pins to add and showoff at work.

FanofDinsey1981

I started my pin collecting way back about 10 years ago in EPCOT when they put out the flag pins for all the countries. And, every time I go, I end up with afew more pins.

my question is, does anyone know a good way to make a "pin board"? or even a good place to buy one? I have been looking at Michael's Craft Store, but they have nothing!

Just go to eBay! they have every pin you can think of. This one guy I buy from, randomly inserts a free pin. Its great. I've gotten a free one 2 times from him, and I've only ordered 5.

What is the most limited pin that everyone has and thinks no one else will ever get?

I have a few pins for being a magic music days participant. I played with my school marching band in the last Main St. Electric Parade.

I also have one thats shaped like a key and says: Keys to the Kingdom. I have no idea where I got it. I never took the Keys to the Kingdom tour

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981

they sell those at the disney store? right?

and thanks,I think I might get one. :)

actually....:rolleyes: Ive never seen them sold anywhere:eek:

but people at the disneystore in downtown disney carry tons of them.

nikimsu2002

Originally posted by fridgepoliceman

I have a few pins for being a magic music days participant. I played with my school marching band in the last Main St. Electric Parade.

Lucky! My high school band was supposed to go down to Disney last February but because of 9-11 the school district banned trips out of the coutry and trips involving flying. Unfortuately my band directors didn't want to spend 26 hours on a bus with 100 teenagers so we ended up with a trip to Cleveland (or Clevland according to the spelling on our buttons!). It was fun but it DEFINATELY wasn't as much fun as Disney World would have been!

That's a really cool idea!!!

Glad I could help:cool:

Not that I really did anything too extravagant

I mean I know my help was of service

Am I rambling again?

I'm usually more modest than that.

I'm getting old in my young age

Not that I have anything against the Turkish

OOPS! think about pins

right!

I have one that looks kinda like this::hammer:

with a touch of this::p

but more like this in the lower region::drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom