Pin Collectors

Dwarful

Hey we just got home from our Disney Store and they were having a huge Semi-Annual Sale...well they had several "spring" pin sets on sale for 50%off..so the kids picked out several...Minnie Princess set two pins in the set for $3.00, Cinderella Set w/3 pins $3.00, Pooh Set w/2 pins $3.00 and a few others...then we got our Disney Club Discount off that. We bought several sets to put up for trading next year...at $1.00 per pin who could resist that temptation???
Of course we had to get the Fourth of July 2002 pin that was only $5.00 I didnt realize how much cheaper the pins were at the stores vs the parks...
Just had to share my bargains!

HorizonsMan

I have a pin vest that i wear at the parks, its covered with tons of pins on, i have so many taht many guests come to me with there questions when i am visiting the parks.

mikebrakes

I keep all of my pins in an album. The only thing I don't like about it is it doesn't close right. I keep the pins seperated. One page has LE and CM pins. Another has pins from my first trip, all millenium pins. Another has just characters. One has a few pins from Disneyland, etc. Most pages have pins across the top and only a few (if any) on the bottom. When I put it away,(lying flat), the top part of the binder is thicher than the bottom because there are more pins on the tops of the pages. I guess I could spread them out more to get it to close better.

When I was there in May, I kept all of my pins on my camera strap. While walking through Fantasyland, I heard a woman tell her son "go ahead". He approached me about trading. It had to be his first trade because all he had was the two Mickey and two Minnie trader pins that came with his lanyard. I already had two Mickeys and a Minnie, but he was only about five years old (if that) and too cute to say no. So I traded one of my duplicate pins (that's all I kept on the lanyard) for one I really didn't want or need.

If you really want a good trade have your kid ask! :lol:

tiggerlover1971

Original Poster
another favorite pin of mine is that of the wedding mickey and minnie storybook reason is that i had a mickey and minnie themed wedding and went to disney on my honeymoon but didnt know anything about pins at the time so i never got it and then a nice pin trader from England when i first started to collect the pins heard that i wanted the pin because it was special meaning to me because of my wedding he handed me the pin and said it was his gift to me and would not let me buy a pin (limited edition ) to replace it that was what i remember and if i have extras and someone really wants one that i have i trade it or if it is a kid just give it to them because i remember the pin trader from england that was nice to me He also knew i would never trade that one at all

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom