Pin Collectors

we ended up taking 9 buses. It was the best time of my life. I got to play tour guide since I was already a big fan, while half my other friends had only read about a strange world named after a man:walt disney.:lol:

I almost fell in the cracks of the trolley tracks while marching.:lol:

My mothers spinal cord is doing just fine!

nikimsu2002

Originally posted by fridgepoliceman
we ended up taking 9 buses. It was the best time of my life. I got to play tour guide since I was already a big fan, while half my other friends had only read about a strange world named after a man:walt disney.:lol:

I almost fell in the cracks of the trolley tracks while marching.:lol:

My mothers spinal cord is doing just fine!

Sounds like fun! I wish we could have gone. I did get to go to England with the band a few years ago though. And since I didn't get to go with the band in February, my parents took me, my brother, my bro's friend, and my boyfriend (ironiclly enough all 4 of us were supposed to go on the trip!) during Spring Break. I think I had a better time on my own since I didn't have to stick to an itinerary.:D

dizpins14

Put your pins on a cork board, a bullatin board or something. I have two large ones but make sure you get strong wire. I made that mistake and it was the sadest thing I've ever seen, all my pins all across my room floor. Luckly no good pins broke like my MSEP Spinner pin or any of the cast Altas maps. I have five limited edition of 1000 pins with extras so those are my lowest Edition size however I have a bunch of the first Disney Store Walt and Mickey and I can't think of any other really really hard to find pins I have except for an original small Figment pin. Other than that 90% of my pins are now hard to find are good traders except I don't have extras.

Originally posted by nikimsu2002

Sounds like fun! I wish we could have gone. I did get to go to England with the band a few years ago though. And since I didn't get to go with the band in February, my parents took me, my brother, my bro's friend, and my boyfriend (ironiclly enough all 4 of us were supposed to go on the trip!) during Spring Break. I think I had a better time on my own since I didn't have to stick to an itinerary.:D

Definitely!!! Sweet! Itineraries aren't good!

Hey... My name's Brendan

WDWFanatic

For my pins i put them in a shadowbox type frame and found some thin backing for the pins. I then covered the backing in black velvet to show off the pins more. Like they do when they show you diamonds. It looks really nice. I have frames for my Hard rock pins and Disney pins covering my walls.

Dwarful

well before this trip "the kids" weren't pin collectors/traders...that sure changed. One lanyard with the light up pins and one full of the other pins...boy those lanyards get mighty uncomfy when they get full.

I will have to check our four area Disney Stores to see if they will be doing pin trading. Never noticed before because we weren't into the Pin thing...once you start you cant stop haha.

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by nikimsu2002

Lucky! My high school band was supposed to go down to Disney last February but because of 9-11 the school district banned trips out of the coutry and trips involving flying. Unfortuately my band directors didn't want to spend 26 hours on a bus with 100 teenagers so we ended up with a trip to Cleveland (or Clevland according to the spelling on our buttons!). It was fun but it DEFINATELY wasn't as much fun as Disney World would have been!

speaking of typos. that one is pretty bad. here is another one...

luckly, this was my 8th grade year, but at the time, it was my future high school. the year book committee misspelled the NAME OF OUR HIGH SCHOOL on the front cover, then could do nothing about it later.

instead of saying Bradley Bourbonnais High School, it said Braly bourbonnais High school. good lord, how can you screw it up? really?!:brick:

and as far as not going to disney for school trips....

every two years our choirs, bands, and orchestra all take a trip together. my freshman year it was to disney. but NO, the department said no to the freshman choir, unless we raised ALLthe money ourselves in 3 months. unfortunatly, we did, and they still said no, this time because we got the reservations in too late. so the money rolled over till my junior year, when the choirs only went to Atlanta.

sure, Atlanta was fun, but damn, disney would have been incredible! :cry:

tiggerlover1971

Original Poster
i want to thank everyone for responding to my thread. tinkerbell did you sit out at the disney store at five in the morning every saturday for the 100years of dreams pins ? I did i met lots of nice people i am a huge pin collector too

figgyfan

I have quite a little collection going....mostly mickey, pooh and figment. (my three fave's) I haven't been able to bring myself to trade them. I guess if I want to trade I am going to have to pick up some duplicates or pins I don't care too much about.:)

tiggerlover1971

Original Poster
i have some that i will trade when i get to the park from the 100dreams collection and one from star wars weekend that some one returned at my disney store it limited edition I will trade in 25 more days

dizpins14

Hate to tell you but the 100 yr of dreams pins will probably not trade well except for the first one the walt and Mickey. The others I think you can still get your hands on even the Walt locket pin. I'm not saying people can walk up and buy them off the shelves they appear on laynards in the park and there still are a few you can buy at the Disney Stores at least the ones in Louisiana.

Jodigrl328

I have also been caught by the pin bug. I mostly collect pluto pins or any others i like in particular. I bought a lot when i went to Disneyland in Callifornia because they do not have some of the same ones. All of the WDW cast members kept asking me about them. If you ever get a chance to go to Calif, Paris or Japan make sure to get pins because they aren't always available in Florida or at any Disney Store.

tiggerlover1971

Original Poster
i went last october when the holloween ones came out and a person from california traded me the california set of pooh holloween ones the set of three pins pooh as a pumkin piglet and candy corn for the wdw suprise bakery reopening pin that is my favorite pin so far because its not for wdw and i did not have to buy it off the internet

dizpins14

I really wish I was going to the Pin event at the end of June cause the pins look really good but the Ulster Project calls so I'm having someone pick a set up for me. And the laynard pins are driving me crazy they have released way too many that it's hard to find them all.

nikimsu2002

I AM A HUGE PIN COLLECTOR! I collect a little of everything but most of mine are of rides. When I was buying them while I was there in April, I put them on the strap of my purse but when I got home I put them on the lanyard attached to my Rock N Roller Coaster backstage patch badge that I bought. I haven't trade any and I don't really plan to especially since some of them are special like the ones my boyfriend bought me for being brave enough to go on certain rides.

dizpins14

Everyone keeps saying they are huge pin traders but how many pins do ya'll really have. I mean I see guys in the parks with suitcases of pins and those are just traders not their personal collection. I only have two binders and two cork boards which are packed with pins so I must have over 1000 pins I just don't want to count because then I would find out how much I've spent on pins.

Quentin Disney

Oh, I collect...quite a bit. Been doing it since late 2000, and haven't gotten out of it ever since. During the time I was an AP (I now work here), Pins were sometimes the sole reason for me visiting WDW. Well, its not like I don't go on any attractions or anything now that I pin trade. You could say it takes a considerable part of my time there.

I usually pin trade online via pinpics or at one of the large Pin Trading Night meets. A lot of people recognize me there, most likely because I collect Minnie Mouse pins.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom