PHOTOS - New interactive Haunted Mansion queue opens for guest previews today

tomes1225

I really don't get what is so great about this. It is a collection of pre-school toys just on a bigger scale. Push a button and it makes noise or moves something...wow. In my opinion, it takes away from the theming and overall realistic environment.
Since when has a house full of dead ghosts and singing sculptures been realistic? If anything the new queue adds to the overall excitement of the ride.

NYwdwfan

That looks really cool! I'm hoping that none of the interactive aspects are broken when I get down there next time (whenever that might be). I would just be afraid of things like the organ and instruments breaking and being left in perpetual "b mode."

Hopefully they'll never go beyond b flat mode. :D

Looks AMAZING.

Thrill

How?:confused::shrug: Because you can now interact with the crypts? How is that any more unrealistic than anything inside of the mansion? And how does it take away from the theming when it expounds upon the story of the mansion and its inhabitants and includes a supernatural element which is interactive?

So, you ask why is this great? Well, it adds to the backstory of the mansion by focusing on the characters within, it is interactive, and provides a way to break up the time waiting to ride, or is starring at brick and canvas more entertaining to you?

Has a little to do with something said around when Haunted Mansion first came around. Something like, "We'll take care of the outside, and the ghosts will take care of the inside."

Problems:
-Too cramped. Surprised Master Gracey fit on his small plot.
-Water/bubbles. Really doesn't make much sense to me.

Still, there is fantastic attention to detail on the lower level. Each one of these tombs is a work of art (without the bubbles), it's just that they didn't give them enough room. The captain's grave looks great with all of the weathering that they did. It's not terrible, but I feel that it could have been a bit better. Perhaps remove the Dread busts to get a little bit more room.

Two questions: Is the wolf sound still there? Have they done anything to cover the showbuilding?

adaml212

Since when has a house full of dead ghosts and singing sculptures been realistic? If anything the new queue adds to the overall excitement of the ride.

To me it seemed the outside was supposed to be more realistic and creepy and then when you go in, it starts to get more weird, funny, and exciting as the ride progresses. I must have been wrong and thought too much of the design of the experience. Sorry.

I still don't like the noisemakers and that type of stuff. Not my kind of thing I guess.

JustInTime

Has a little to do with something said around when Haunted Mansion first came around. Something like, "We'll take care of the outside, and the ghosts will take care of the inside."

Problems:
-Too cramped. Surprised Master Gracey fit on his small plot.
-Water/bubbles. Really doesn't make much sense to me.

Still, there is fantastic attention to detail on the lower level. Each one of these tombs is a work of art (without the bubbles), it's just that they didn't give them enough room. The captain's grave looks great with all of the weathering that they did. It's not terrible, but I feel that it could have been a bit better. Perhaps remove the Dread busts to get a little bit more room.

Two questions: Is the wolf sound still there? Have they done anything to cover the showbuilding?

Walt said that in regards to Disneyland's Haunted Mansion. But if we stuck by that we would not have gotten Leota or the Horse and Buggy.

The updates are fine. Actually, they are perfect. The pre-show needs a slower pace anyway.

Jerm

I don't like is the fact that the old tombstones are now in reaching (ie: destroying) distance of guests.

Plus from all I remember about Marc Davis he would not have fit in that 2 foot area. I do hope they move those tombstones but overall I like it, it will change and grow as time goes on.

anonDisney

Does the Haunted Mansion really have 70 minute wait times?

I was there last week and the line I was in stretched halfway to the Riverboat entrance and looped twice closer to the actual mansion entrance. Despite that I was easily in the mansion within 20 minutes.

The length of the line and the speed at which the line moved actually made me question why an interactive queue was even needed.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
To me it seemed the outside was supposed to be more realistic and creepy and then when you go in, it starts to get more weird, funny, and exciting as the ride progresses. I must have been wrong and thought too much of the design of the experience. Sorry....

In a way it still is. The interactive bit doesn't start until you are almost inside the house. This really hasn't changed the facade of the mansion at all.

It's like having your cake and eating it too! :wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Does the Haunted Mansion really have 70 minute wait times?

I was there last week and the line I was in stretched halfway to the Riverboat entrance and looped twice closer to the actual mansion entrance. Despite that I was easily in the mansion within 20 minutes.

The length of the line and the speed at which the line moved actually made me question why an interactive queue was even needed.

Yup it does! Line today extended down to the water, and back up into the former FP area.

These were the wait times today

MK wait times 3:30pm, Mar 14. Space 110mins, Splash 110mins, Dumbo 70 mins, Pirates 50 mins, Jungle Cruise 70mins, Mansion 60mins, BTM 60min

MKCP 1985

You can probably plan on heavier crowds than what you are used to at the Magic Kingdom until the opening of the Fantasyland Expansion. All those people who were in Toontown have to get absorbed into the queues of the other existing rides and restaurants. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom