PHOTOS - New interactive Haunted Mansion queue opens for guest previews today

Testtrack321

Saw a video on another site. I feel like it's too much and too obvious in a space too small. It's overload. I would have liked to see this added, and then have some elements spread through the queue we have now.

scgustin

We will be at Disney April 2, and I can't wait to see this in person. These are the types of attractions/sights that make Disney World unique.

I'm intrigued by the "fast route" and "scenic route" that has been mentioned. While I would likely always take the "scenic route," I see this as more confusion for other guests. We all know what happens when guests are given choices...

Which+way.jpg

imagineer boy

Okay, I've seen the video and I honestly don't like it. Yes go ahead, bring on the comments that I complain too much. I really don't care.

But its too much, too noisy, and too obnoxious. It really ruins the build up to the effects in the attraction, its like showing the shark in Jaws at the very beginning of the movie. It ruins the build up and tension.

Also, what the heck are some of the tomb stones doing in narrow flower beds!? It makes no sense. How the heck would the coffin be buried beneath it?

Bamboo7ster

^ I agree with everything imagineer boy said. Another thing I don't like is the fact that the old tombstones are now in reaching (ie: destroying) distance of guests.

I'm also glad to see someone sharing their dissenting opinion without apologizing first. I'm so sick of seeing anyone with a different opinion either made to apologize for it later or start off with one just to avoid an attack.

DaGoof00

dear lord, some people will never be happy. TDO and WDI did an excellent job it looks! Can't wait to fill in all of the "dead space" in this new queue this June!! Yay!:slurp:

adaml212

I really don't get what is so great about this. It is a collection of pre-school toys just on a bigger scale. Push a button and it makes noise or moves something...wow. In my opinion, it takes away from the theming and overall realistic environment.

imagineer boy

I will say this though, its not HORRIBLE. It could've been a lot worse. They could've made all the effects crummy LED screens. I think it needs some tweaking.

Also, did they cover the HM ride building. I sure hope they did...

JustInTime

This is thrilling to me. I am totally giddy about this update. I love every inch of it. I LOVE the bubbles that come out of captain's tomb. I also love it when water shoots out when he coughs. This could not have been better. And the fact that you just touch the music and it plays! AHH! Can't wait to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fWLV3Fqn_k

Crazy Harry

I really don't get what is so great about this. It is a collection of pre-school toys just on a bigger scale. Push a button and it makes noise or moves something...wow. In my opinion, it takes away from the theming and overall realistic environment.

How?:confused::shrug: Because you can now interact with the crypts? How is that any more unrealistic than anything inside of the mansion? And how does it take away from the theming when it expounds upon the story of the mansion and its inhabitants and includes a supernatural element which is interactive?

So, you ask why is this great? Well, it adds to the backstory of the mansion by focusing on the characters within, it is interactive, and provides a way to break up the time waiting to ride, or is starring at brick and canvas more entertaining to you?

Magenta Panther

Oh my god...I have no words...this is more than amazing, more than I ever expected...all my fears are, you should pardon the expression, "laid to rest". The additions aren't just a dumb touchscreen interface, they're an actual extension of the Mansion...a walk through a mausoleum...and they're BRILLIANT.

Bravo, Imagineers!!!!! I thought your refurb of the Mansion was amazing, but THIS...

Now THIS is what I call "plussing!"

Walt would be so proud....:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom