PHOTOS - Disney reveals new lobby design and Trader Sam's lounge for the Polynesian

71jason

Rum flight and mai tai glasses are temporarily sold out (until the Nautili and other mugs arrive). Apparently did not plan on selling 100 rum flights a night.

And the rum flights don't appear to be one of the biggest sellers.

Say what you will, this place is making an obscene amount of money in a tiny space. I expect Trader Sam's "homages" to be fast-tracked around the resort.

Also, while the black pearl given out Saturday was not supposed to have been (apparently were saving for grand open), there is one black pearl in every case of cups. Not sure how big the cases are.

Sage of Time

Sadly La Cava de Tequila has been lately. Which is insane for a $15 drink. Case of another tiny corner of WDW becoming too popular for its own good.
GDI.

That stinks. I haven't been in there since it opened.

Rum flight and mai tai glasses are temporarily sold out (until the Nautili and other mugs arrive). Apparently did not plan on selling 100 rum flights a night.

Say what you will, this place is making an obscene amount of money in a tiny space. I expect Trader Sam's "homages" to be fast-tracked around the resort.

Also, while the black pearl given out Saturday was not supposed to have been (apparently were saving for grand open), there is one black pearl in every case of cups. Not sure how big the cases are.
Ooooh, glad I got my mugs :D

Homages? You think they'll do other small bars?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Rumor was a Mansion-themed Sam's was on the table for Disney Springs. Have to imagine those plans are being dusted off to go somewhere. But yes, highly-themed small bars that offer tons of upcharge drink vessels seems like a winner.

I'd rather see this which offers something new and exciting for the guest than cuts, perhaps it will get through Burbank's thick skull that guests are willing to spend for new and different experiences. But upcharging what used to be free is a non starter.

doctornick

That would be great. Would be an interesting way to return an Explorer's Club vibe back to the resort. Some have already suggested a Western/Wilderness themed one for WL, which would be nice as part of the DVC addition (like what happened at Poly).

A jungle/Africa one at AKL would be a great fit though some of the best homages to Jungle Cruise are already used at TSGG.

dreamfinder

I had seen somewhere it was a 1/100 chance of getting the black pearl. Which would sound about right to me size wise (going off the size of the rum barrel on my shelf) for a case of a single outer shipper carton with poly bagged plastic mugs inside. 144 just seems like it might be a little unwieldy to me.

And the rum flight had caught my eye, simply because it specified "TS Grog Grotto". Can't say for certain if any of the others do (haven't see any such markings), but I haven't looked at pics since soft opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom