PHOTO - First look at the near complete Prince Eric's Castle in the new Fantasyland

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I am hoping the mods are keeping an eye on this and they will have a purge someday. I have seen other sites do this. Plenty of well meaning lurkers will fill in afterwards and keep things percolating without the negativity.

BTW, thanks Steve for the update!

Personally I hope that never happens here. I know the negativism gets out of hand sometimes, but there is often a fine line between being just being negative and expressing constructive criticism. A message board where everybody thinks Disney can do no wrong is not a message board I want to participate in.

nepalostparks

Personally I hope that never happens here. I know the negativism gets out of hand sometimes, but there is often a fine line between being just being negative and expressing constructive criticism. A message board where everybody thinks Disney can do no wrong is not a message board I want to participate in.

Very true... all rose colored glasses wouldn't be an interesting place. But there are several posters who see no good in what's happening at Disney, who are negative for the sake of being negative, and seem to get away with personal insults on a regular basis. If those handful of posters (and it's really only a select few) were to get banned or otherwise clean up their act, I'd be ok with that.

On the original topic, it's great to see the amount of detail that is still being added and worked on to these facades. If the pictures look this good, I can't wait to see it in person.

jt04

I am talking about those who are obviously trolling. There are even posters who once posted serious thoughts but now only post to say something negative. I am certain everyone welcomes constructive criticism but the trolling is just childish.

Patricia Melton

Exactly. WDW fans often complain that our Fantasyland isn't as elaborate as the ones in DL and DLP, which both have expensive facades covering C- or D-ticket attractions. Now that we're finally getting this in Florida, many people are whining that Mermaid isn't an E-ticket.

Yes, the MK does need another E-ticket, but it needs to be in TL or AdvL, not Fantasyland, which is crowded enough. :)

Tirian --

What new E-ticket would be built for Adventureland?

The thing I want most for Adventureland is an Adventurer's Club restaurant in there somewhere, hopefully where it would overlook the river for the Jungle Cruise.

Would you want an Aladdin E-ticket? Like flying on magic carpets as a coaster of some kind? That would have fun theming and the ride could have an entrance like the Cave of Wonders mouth...with the interior queue looking like rooms full of various treasures from all the Disney cartoons.

Or what about an E-ticket based on UP and the flying down to South America and the zeppelins and all of that?

I have not given much thought to a new ride for Adventureland because all I want is the Adventurer's Club restaurant since my niece and nephew never got to eat there at Pleasure Island.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I am talking about those who are obviously trolling. There are even posters who once posted serious thoughts but now only post to say something negative. I am certain everyone welcomes constructive criticism but the trolling is just childish.

With limited time on this forum here is my observation. There seems to be a small group of people who feel WDW has gone down hill and has lacked any new rides. This is a valid opinion. Some people even suggest people should boycott the place to send a message to management and get them to make change. When something new and exciting does get built it goes against their agenda so they feel the need to point out any little issues and blow them up into big problems. Whether it is recirculated water at Casey's Splash zone, scratches on dumbo (or the line area) or the mine train and LM rides which are not "e" ticket. Anyone who says something positive is just snorting pixie dust to these people. I personally enjoy reading other people's opinions even when they are different than mine and i have been critical of Disney in some areas so I would not suggest outright banning of people. On the flip side it would be nice to read a post about new ride progress without seeing the e ticket point brought up.

tirian

Tirian --

What new E-ticket would be built for Adventureland?

The thing I want most for Adventureland is an Adventurer's Club restaurant in there somewhere, hopefully where it would overlook the river for the Jungle Cruise.

Would you want an Aladdin E-ticket? Like flying on magic carpets as a coaster of some kind? That would have fun theming and the ride could have an entrance like the Cave of Wonders mouth...with the interior queue looking like rooms full of various treasures from all the Disney cartoons.

Or what about an E-ticket based on UP and the flying down to South America and the zeppelins and all of that?

I have not given much thought to a new ride for Adventureland because all I want is the Adventurer's Club restaurant since my niece and nephew never got to eat there at Pleasure Island.

I wouldn't want an E-ticket based on ANY cartoon.

An indoor Tron lightcycle ride in TL was ***thisclose*** to happening but was nixed by Orlando's Powers That Be. :( Although there are no current plans for Adventureland, it and TL are the most likely locations for new attractions.

I risk sounding like a broken record, yet it's worth repeating: WDW needs an attraction that can compete with Harry Potter at IOA and the upcoming expansion. NOTHING at WDW comes close to the ride experience of Forbidden Journey. Nothing.

But the FLE wasn't intended to combat Potter. It is a necessary addition that should have happened 20 years ago. Why complain about something good?

Kuhio

They're building an Adventurers Club for Mystic Point, a new land set to open next year in Hong Kong Disneyland. There have been relatively few details about it, but it sounds like it'll be a standard restaurant with some of the theming of Pleasure Island's AC. Based on the quality of the other HKDL land that just opened, I'm optimistic about Mystic Point.

I was initially hopeful that the HKDL AC might be imported back to one of the stateside parks, but the new HKDL lands are to be exclusive to that park for 5 years -- I'm assuming that exclusivity applies to individual components of the lands, including restaurants.

That's not to say a new restaurant couldn't open in Adventureland that bears some similarity to the PI club -- I think it would just have to be substantially different from whatever is being built in HK.

Patricia Melton

They're building an Adventurers Club for Mystic Point, a new land set to open next year in Hong Kong Disneyland. There have been relatively few details about it, but it sounds like it'll be a standard restaurant with some of the theming of Pleasure Island's AC. Based on the quality of the other HKDL land that just opened, I'm optimistic about Mystic Point.

I was initially hopeful that the HKDL AC might be imported back to one of the stateside parks, but the new HKDL lands are to be exclusive to that park for 5 years -- I'm assuming that exclusivity applies to individual components of the lands, including restaurants.

That's not to say a new restaurant couldn't open in Adventureland that bears some similarity to the PI club -- I think it would just have to be substantially different from whatever is being built in HK.

Hmmmm.

I though the five year embargo applied to the new things that were created for HKDL: the Grizzly ride and Mystique Manor itself.

Since The Adventurer's Club was originated at Pleasure Island, it's not an original attraction for HKDL. So I wonder if the embargo would apply.

I'd love an Adventurer's Club sit down restaurant at DLR too...where the Aladdin's Oasis is now (that replaced Tahitian Terrace). But I'd really love an Adventurer's Club to be two stories with a view overlooking the Jungle Cruise for the restaurant. The first floor could be quick service/merchandise and the second floor the sit down more expensive restaurant.

jt04

I wouldn't want an E-ticket based on ANY cartoon.

An indoor Tron lightcycle ride in TL was ***thisclose*** to happening but was nixed by Orlando's Powers That Be. :( Although there are no current plans for Adventureland, it and TL are the most likely locations for new attractions.

I risk sounding like a broken record, yet it's worth repeating: WDW needs an attraction that can compete with Harry Potter at IOA and the upcoming expansion. NOTHING at WDW comes close to the ride experience of Forbidden Journey. Nothing.

But the FLE wasn't intended to combat Potter. It is a necessary addition that should have happened 20 years ago. Why complain about something good?

Isn't Avatar and the rumored billion dollar budget meant to at least respond to Universal's upgrades? Not saying this is a potter swatter but between the upgrades to the MK and adding Avatar I think it is. We are talking potentially over 1.5 billion plus another cool billion for NextGen tech. Something is going on it seems.

jt04

With limited time on this forum here is my observation. There seems to be a small group of people who feel WDW has gone down hill and has lacked any new rides. This is a valid opinion. Some people even suggest people should boycott the place to send a message to management and get them to make change. When something new and exciting does get built it goes against their agenda so they feel the need to point out any little issues and blow them up into big problems. Whether it is recirculated water at Casey's Splash zone, scratches on dumbo (or the line area) or the mine train and LM rides which are not "e" ticket. Anyone who says something positive is just snorting pixie dust to these people. I personally enjoy reading other people's opinions even when they are different than mine and i have been critical of Disney in some areas so I would not suggest outright banning of people. On the flip side it would be nice to read a post about new ride progress without seeing the e ticket point brought up.

All I am referring to is the obvious trolling going on. Ususually these same posters go crazy if you mention anything negative about Uni or especially TWWoHP. Please do not make the problem more complicated than it is.

mickeysbrother

Just wondering if The little mermaid will be opening soon. I mean it looks almost ready and only final touches are gonna be needed. Is it safe to say another month or 2 it would be ready?

HMButler79

Too bad elaborate theming is ALL this "expansion" had going for it. A massive elebaortae facade like that for a ride that's no more amazing that Pooh. And I wonder how many kids will be massivly dissapointed when they find out they can't go "in" Eric's Castle.

alissafalco

Too bad elaborate theming is ALL this "expansion" had going for it. A massive elebaortae facade like that for a ride that's no more amazing that Pooh. And I wonder how many kids will be massivly dissapointed when they find out they can't go "in" Eric's Castle.

Well maybe if they have Eric out in front of the castle taking pictures with people, I think that would be good enough.

alissafalco

Just wondering if The little mermaid will be opening soon. I mean it looks almost ready and only final touches are gonna be needed. Is it safe to say another month or 2 it would be ready?

I don't know, I wonder too. I really hope its open when we go Sept. 15-23rd. It does look like its very close to opening if they are releasing pictures.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Isn't Avatar and the rumored billion dollar budget meant to at least respond to Universal's upgrades? Not saying this is a potter swatter but between the upgrades to the MK and adding Avatar I think it is. We are talking potentially over 1.5 billion plus another cool billion for NextGen tech. Something is going on it seems.

Where do you hear 1 billion? Largest number I have seen thrown around is $500 million. Avatar is definitly a perfect opportunity for WDW to get a cutting edge attraction, I am just hoping it actually plays out that way. As for next-gen I haven't seen anything come from that 1 billion yet that would truely wow the general public.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I expect that eventually and then after all facades at the MK will be this or at least as close as possible to this quality. The attraction, restaurant or shop complexity will not matter. It will take awhile to get to the rest of FL. MSUSA is there now. I think this trend continues.
Now wouldn't that be exciting, to have every attractions facade be this elaborate no matter what level attraction it may contain.

jt04

Where do you hear 1 billion? Largest number I have seen thrown around is $500 million. Avatar is definitly a perfect opportunity for WDW to get a cutting edge attraction, I am just hoping it actually plays out that way. As for next-gen I haven't seen anything come from that 1 billion yet that would truely wow the general public.

That number was mentioned recently but I can't remember the source. I tend to believe it will be closer to that than the figure you mention. Time will tell.

Now wouldn't that be exciting, to have every attractions facade be this elaborate no matter what level attraction it may contain.

I think they will be of that quality if not as complex. For example, the new train station vs the old train station for FL. And the elaborate new add where the skyway was. These are projects green-lighted under the team of Iger/Lasseter that are laying the groundwork for greater things in the future. Space Mountain's refurb was a quick fix that did not originate from the new management structure and is an echo of the past. Restored MSUSA is the future. I suspect Tomorrowland is in Lasseter's crosshairs at both DL and WDW even as we speak. Just a hunch. Purely a hunch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom