PHOTO - First look at the near complete Prince Eric's Castle in the new Fantasyland

bubbles1812

WOW! I have over 12,000 posts and you searched them in less than an hour! Count me impressed! Are you a computer or a real person?

I was just referring to googling trying to find something on Avatar having a supposed 1 billion dollar budget. That is what I wanted a link to and no, I wouldn't dream of sorting through all your posts to find that. But if there were something on that, you would think it would be mentioned in some sort of news article...and there isn't anything. Hence my point that you need to provide facts.

Anyways, returning to topic, the outside of the ride looks great! I hope the inside will be too.

bubbles1812

We get it. All I can say is don't go back then...
Uh...what?? o_O I have never said I don't like Disney or that I don't enjoy it. I always find enjoyment when I go. I love Disney. There is a reason I joined the board. I wouldn't waste my time on something I didn't enjoy talking about or going to.

My posts were specifically directed at the silly things JT was basically stating as fact were happening...which aren't. As confirmed by Lee (who has a lot more insight/info on this board than most) as well as anyone who thinks about what JT was saying with any common sense and maybe a little of their own research added in. I'd love some of those things to happen though. Truly. They'd be great. They just aren't happening right now. Disney is not going to spend a billion dollars on Avatar and John Lasseter is not currently championing any project/a Tomorrowland redo for WDW. Sorry. Fact is fact.

And dude, I praise things when I think Disney does it right, it's not like I think they do everything wrong...like the theming of the LM building (as keeping with the topic of this thread). It looks great. I mean that. I actually think the "decoration" of all of NFE looks great and that even goes for Casey's fountain splash or whatever they call it. But that doesn't mean I stick my head in the sand and pretend there aren't problems at WDW as well.

ellie-badge

Or, we could ban the trolls....

No one's trolling from what I can see (and believe me, I practically live on the internet and I've seen hardcore trolling at its finest). There's just been a disagreement between two members that's basically done and over with at this point. :)

bubbles1812

It was actually my way of letting the negativity know ENOUGH! I love Disney and come on here to see cool things and learn from each other :)

Post is deleted.....

I do understand that. I like learning about cool things (when they happen...though perception of what is cool is subjective, I guess) and talking/learning from each other. It would be a very boring board (*cough* Disboards *cough*) if everyone agreed with each other all the time.

But I also try to be realistic. If you tell me a billion dollars is going to be spent on a project, well, as much as I'd love that, it's just not going to happen. At least not with the current management at Disney. If you think they are awesome socks, that's perfectly fine, even if I'd disagree with you...and I'd try to use as much factual evidence as possible to support that opinion. When people use legitimate facts (whether in support of or against my opinion), that goes a long way in my taking you seriously. Obviously, it's always fun to dream about the things Disney could/will do, ect and talk about them but if you say something is actually happening at the parks, support it. (Sorry, not directing that statement at you. Just saying in general). I'm probably guilty of being overly critical sometimes (hey no one is perfect). But I try not to be so super negative though I know some posters do sometimes go very very negative...but the shoe also goes on the opposite foot when some people pretend that there are absolutely no problems at WDW. Again, I just try to be realistic. For me, I have and many have observed the well established patterns the TDO follows and until new management is in, it stands to reason that they will continue following those patterns. It is ok to criticize the things we love. That's how things get better.

I really do love Disney. Love it. I just want to see it as great as I know it can be and I see areas that could do with a lot of improvement. :)

dman1373

i could see maybe 500 million on it, That wouldn't be out of the question. Wasn't expedition everest 300 million, so having a land with far less rockwork should not be that much more expensive.

J03Y

Tirian --

What new E-ticket would be built for Adventureland?

The thing I want most for Adventureland is an Adventurer's Club restaurant in there somewhere, hopefully where it would overlook the river for the Jungle Cruise.

Would you want an Aladdin E-ticket? Like flying on magic carpets as a coaster of some kind? That would have fun theming and the ride could have an entrance like the Cave of Wonders mouth...with the interior queue looking like rooms full of various treasures from all the Disney cartoons.

Or what about an E-ticket based on UP and the flying down to South America and the zeppelins and all of that?

I have not given much thought to a new ride for Adventureland because all I want is the Adventurer's Club restaurant since my niece and nephew never got to eat there at Pleasure Island.

i love the idea of the Adventurer's Club moved from DTD to AL. it could replace the Treehouse and extend the area so one of the windows could overlook a river one of the boats passes and add a more jungle-ish feeling to Adventureland.

i've also been dreaming of a Forbidden Journey-esque ride experience mixed with the magic carpet theme of Aladdin. they can move Tiki Room to be more near Pirates, which is where it should be anyway imo, like in between Pirates and Jungle Cruise.

now, i'm probably going to rant off but why do people want an 'Up' ride so much? like seriously the only thing it's about is basically a floating house. there is nothing exciting you can do for an 'Up' ride.

Buried20KLeague

On the contrary, I am capable of having a great day...it fact, I am having a great day today. I've had a great last few weeks!

And why shouldn't I be skeptical? I'm not being skeptical just to be a pain in the or antagonistic or even to argue with you JT. Like I said, I would LOVE for Avatar to have that budget. But I'm basing my opinion on the pattern I've seen TDO follow time and time again and again and again and again. They cut budgets on virtually every single project they have. They have a pattern. And established well known pattern. This is well documented fact...and I base my opinions on facts as much as possible rather than silly conjecture. They only spent the billion dollars on DCA because they absolutely had to, and even that project originally had a proposed budget of at least a half billion more. For something more WDW related, the original budget for NFE was 800 MILLION DOLLARS. And then....

Oh hey, what do you know? They slashed that budget almost in half. Shocker... not.

When was the last time there was a project at Disney where they said "here is the budget, we aren't going to reduce it, go crazy" ...it's been years. Or when was the last time they gave extra money to a project because the Imagineers in charge said it wasn't enough to bring the quality up to the Disney standard? ...again, it's been years.I would love to see that pattern stop but nothing TDO has done so far or said so far points me into thinking anything is changing. So why should I expect anything different when it comes to Avatar? And again, the max budget I've seen proposed is approximately 500 million. If you link me the source you mentioned, ok, but until then, that's what I've seen proposed. Now, do we know for sure TDO is attempting to reduce the budget? No. BUT, pretty well trusted Disney Insiders like Lee, ect have said Disney wants to reduce the budget. And I'd say Lee is privy to a lot more info than we are. I do take everything with a grain of salt and don't just take everything like that said as fact but hearing that again keeps in line with the pattern I've seen so far.

And also, right back at ya ... Everything you say is also pure conjecture regarding Avatar, Tomorrowland, and whatever else new project you are on about today as happening "soon" because Lasseter/Iger are team awesome socks and can do no wrong, especially considering when you present no facts whatsoever to support the theories you present.

Psssssssssst... You're falling into the jt vortex again. :eek:

It's like at the end of Return of the Jedi when the Emperor was trying to get Luke to embrace his anger and turn to the dark side. Don't go to the dark side, Bubbles.

Buried20KLeague

i love the idea of the Adventurer's Club moved from DTD to AL. it could replace the Treehouse and extend the area so one of the windows could overlook a river one of the boats passes and add a more jungle-ish feeling to Adventureland.

But in the MK, they wouldn't serve alcohol... Which at the AC was an important part of the experience in many different ways.

dreamscometrue

i could see maybe 500 million on it, That wouldn't be out of the question. Wasn't expedition everest 300 million, so having a land with far less rockwork should not be that much more expensive.

Everything I read put the cost of EE at just under $100 million. It might not have even been quite that much.

bubbles1812

Psssssssssst... You're falling into the jt vortex again. :eek:

It's like at the end of Return of the Jedi when the Emperor was trying to get Luke to embrace his anger and turn to the dark side. Don't go to the dark side, Bubbles.
Bahahaha. Don't worry...I'm keeping out of it ;) But some silly posts just warrant a reply when most everything about them is false ;)

Love the Star Wars reference by the way. I like that I'm Luke in your analogy, and I'm sure jt wouldn't mind being analogous to Emperor Palpatine based on the comments I have seen him make thus far. And we all know who wins in that story... ;):cool::D

dreamscometrue

I am unaware of any plans for a new DAK resort.
But, something like that would be the only way to get Avatar to much over $500mil. Even then not a billion.

Can you build a nice little land for $400 million or so? That is a serious question. I see figures often thrown around on here...$40 million for TSMM, $100 million for EE, $200 million for RSR, I'm not really sure how accurate these are. Did FLE come in at $300-$400 million? I'm trying to decide if that budget for Avatarland could get us a wonderful Pandoran atmosphere, a great 'E' ticket, a couple super cool smaller attractions, an eatery, etc.

Pixiedustmaker

I love the Beauty and the Beast part of FLE, but I can't get over the fact that Eric's Castle looks like it belongs in Aladdin as it is surrounded by desert, a couple of palms trees, and it looks like it is made out of cheap cinder blocks (cement blocks) as they didn't put stucco over it!?

In the film, the surroundings are much more lush, at least according to this picture I found:

http://dfilms.tumblr.com/post/22231748753

I think that the desert look clashes with the Beauty and the Beast part, and will probably clash with the Seven Dwarfs Coaster. I would dig an Aladdin ride/facade, but this is Little Mermaid, it looks like the castle was built on an abandoned desert island with a couple palm trees.

bgraham34

I love the Beauty and the Beast part of FLE, but I can't get over the fact that Eric's Castle looks like it belongs in Aladdin as it is surrounded by desert, a couple of palms trees, and it looks like it is made out of cheap cinder blocks (cement blocks) as they didn't put stucco over it!?

In the film, the surroundings are much more lush, at least according to this picture I found:

I think that the desert look clashes with the Beauty and the Beast part, and will probably clash with the Seven Dwarfs Coaster. I would dig an Aladdin ride/facade, but this is Little Mermaid, it looks like the castle was built on an abandoned desert island with a couple palm trees.

Maybe this is before Prince Eric does renovations.

dreamscometrue

It's been like 23 years man; Eric has long since retired and moved to new (but very similar) digs on a Caribbean island somewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom