Petition to Save Maelstrom Ride from the Frozen franchise. Don't Let it Go!

copcarguyp71

Yup...I agree with that BUT the other post that was quoted in my own post made it sound like 63 people were the only ones who were against it. It was a convenient misuse of data and I really needed to point that out. Those of us against it really have no choice but to ride the wave and see what happens but I stand by my thoughts that overlays and dumbing down of intelligently designed attractions are nothing more than a diversion from the issue of lack of true ground breaking re-investments in pre-existing attractions.

Sorry to rant...at the end of the day we agree to disagree...;)

FettFan

The only reason people want this to stay is because it's "nostalgia Disney". Admit that the ride is boring. I told my mom this news and the first thing she said was "about time, it's a stupid ride anyway", she's been going to Disney since she was a kid. Sorry to say but we all got to just let it go;)

You haven't been paying attention have you? All of us Pro-Maelstrom folks wanted to see it given a major upgrade. I myself argued for new trolls, utilizing the same facial mapping tech found at SDMT.

We didn't want Disney to shove Frozen into Norway because, other than a few aesthetics, Frozen has nothing to do with Norway.

Heck, even the fairy tale it's based on isn't even Norwegian....the Snow Queen is DANISH.

Dads 2 Boys

Futile doesn't even begin to describe the effort for this one.

Let's not forget the bottom line here people....The Disney corporation is a business. They, like any smart business, have an opportunity to "cash in" on the hottest thing going. For those of you who don't like Frozen that's your choice but it's not going to away. It's a Disney story that has captured the majority on this one and Disney will run with it forever. Let's not forget they just finished a new attraction based on a 77 yr old movie.

Fighting this change (or any change for the most part) is like fighting technology....fight all you want but you will lose and have to deal. Period.

Oh yeah.....how did the petitions go and "the fight" for Horizons, WoM, The Adventures Club, etc, etc, etc....?

aristo_cat

:oops:Yeah, if Horizons got the big boot, Malestorm is going to fare no better! I think they should have kept it and built a new ride, especially since you know that when the Frozen ride first opens, there is going to be a billion and seventy four people in line. They could have used the Malestorm as a way to keep people entertained. I know I'll say goodbye next weekend when I'm at the festival!

Goofyernmost

:oops:Yeah, if Horizons got the big boot, Malestorm is going to fare no better! I think they should have kept it and built a new ride, especially since you know that when the Frozen ride first opens, there is going to be a billion and seventy four people in line. They could have used the Malestorm as a way to keep people entertained. I know I'll say goodbye next weekend when I'm at the festival!
Yea, but, I wonder were they could have put a new attraction. There's nothing available (cough* WoL *cough) that I can think of but instead of adding an additional attraction, they take one out and replace it with something that can use the same, already in place, system.

Hrudey3032

I especially love the "It's a disgrace to the Norway Pavilion!" bits. It's not an embassy, for pete's sake. It contains no sovereign Norwegian soil and standing there does not give Norwegians the benefit of Norwegian laws. It's part of an American theme park built by Americans.
What's to say they don't change it from a Norway pavilion to a Danish Pavilion because of this? Not saying they will but who knows.

Polydweller

What's to say they don't change it from a Norway pavilion to a Danish Pavilion because of this? Not saying they will but who knows.
Why? The story may have started Anderson's Snow Queen but everything else is based on Norway. Heck, the Akershus appears in the film along with Bergen (both currently reflected in the Pavillion) along with Fjord horses, costumes based on early Norwegian styles, Viking ships and Arendelle is based on the Naerfjord. There are a lot more Norwegian influences. Folks need to understand what they are looking before saying the film has nothing to do with Norway. The film's designers and director would be surprised by that statement.

Matt_Black

Why? The story may have started Anderson's Snow Queen but everything else is based on Norway. Heck, the Akershus appears in the film along with Bergen (both currently reflected in the Pavillion) along with Fjord horses, costumes based on early Norwegian styles, Viking ships and Arendelle is based on the Naerfjord. There are a lot more Norwegian influences. Folks need to understand what they are looking before saying the film has nothing to do with Norway. The film's designers and director would be surprised by that statement.

There are many of us who've tried to point that out many times, and folks immediately find some way to claim how that really doesn't matter, it STILL has nothing to do with Norway.

DarthGrady

I signed, but I'm afraid it won't do much good. There was a huge outcry when they ruined Imagination, and best they could do was throw in some Figment AAs to calm everyone.

Disney doesn't care about the purists, it cares about the casual vacationers and their wallets.

Casual vacationers don't know or care about the history of the attractions, or how great they used to be.

The tourists only care about shuttling their kids (that would have been walking the park once upon a time) in overloaded strollers between mindless, cartoony attractions.

durangojim

I signed, but I'm afraid it won't do much good. There was a huge outcry when they ruined Imagination, and best they could do was throw in some Figment AAs to calm everyone.

Disney doesn't care about the purists, it cares about the casual vacationers and their wallets.

Casual vacationers don't know or care about the history of the attractions, or how great they used to be.

The tourists only care about shuttling their kids (that would have been walking the park once upon a time) in overloaded strollers between mindless, cartoony attractions.

Ugh, "purists" what exactly is that? Someone who never want change but just attraction "refreshing" every couple of years? WS was originally designed to educate the public about other countries and cultures and it still does that, but the role is much less necessary now with people's access to limitless information. Can anyone honestly say that Maelstrom educated them about Norway and made them want to visit the country? All I saw were, trolls, oil derricks and bears, oh my.

DarthGrady

Ugh, "purists" what exactly is that? Someone who never want change but just attraction "refreshing" every couple of years? WS was originally designed to educate the public about other countries and cultures and it still does that, but the role is much less necessary now with people's access to limitless information. Can anyone honestly say that Maelstrom educated them about Norway and made them want to visit the country? All I saw were, trolls, oil derricks and bears, oh my.

Purists would be those that simply want EPCOT to remain what it was intended to be. A semi-educational, mature park not directly marketed to kids.

Sure kids enjoyed it, it was my favorite park when I was young. But it was different from MK, and in a good way. EPCOT was much less cheesy and patronizing.

But it seems most folks are okay with cheesy and patronizing, hence Nemo and now Frozen.

The problem with the way Disney treats EPCOT is that classic pavilions are replaced with either poorly done sequels (JII) or mindless cartoonery.

copcarguyp71

So @DisneyPurist , How did this rabble rousing work out? **CRICKETS**

Another one of those members that joins, rears their head for some sort of agenda creating five pages of disenchantment and then disappears into obscurity never posting a single rebuttal. I am certainly no fan of the Frozone that we are in but this kind of reinforces my thoughts again on making newbs do some sort of short stint as spectators (say five or ten days) before posting privileges. I am not trying to sound high and mighty but I guess I do think it would cut out some of the idiocy like the crazy ladybug incedent among others. But...variety is the spice of life I guess...:angelic:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom