Park Builders Unite!

JokersWild

I was just looking through this thread and found this gem again. The fact that this was 4+ years ago is also alarming.

Good times @TheOriginalTiki @JokersWild
I do really miss the google hangout brainstorming sessions. I’d love to bring them back if more people were willing. That hangout that you, Sam, and I had for Symbiosis was probably the best brainstorming session I’ve ever been a part of.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
If anyone has any solid ideas for a park we could build off of, I'd love to do another one of these. Maybe even one a week building up to SYWTBAI.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I still think itd be really interesting to do a music themed park! There are so many options to go with and ideas to build of

Which bands could you see represented here? I could easily see Gorillaz and Daft Punk having full themed areas. That's something that could spread it apart from something like the failed Hard Rock Park. Instead of focusing on genres, built lands off of bands that have extended backstories and universes behind them. I've always wanted to do a Yellow Submarine attraction, for example. Green Day or The Who might be two other good ones for their iconic rock operas. Pink Floyd if we want to go into the trippy and abstract route. The Aquabats would make a delightful superhero themed land.

JokersWild

Which bands could you see represented here? I could easily see Gorillaz and Daft Punk having full themed areas. That's something that could spread it apart from something like the failed Hard Rock Park. Instead of focusing on genres, built lands off of bands that have extended backstories and universes behind them. I've always wanted to do a Yellow Submarine attraction, for example. Green Day or The Who might be two other good ones for their iconic rock operas. Pink Floyd if we want to go into the trippy and abstract route. The Aquabats would make a delightful superhero themed land.
I still Stan “Dark Ride of the Moon.” Someday I’ll get it written. Someday....

spacemt354

Chili's
Pink Floyd and Daft Punk - what a combo! 'The Dark Fantasyland' and 'Neon Tomorrowland'

JokersWild

Personally when I think of a music park, I think of something based more on genre than proper bands. Of course, there could be rides based off of bands (ie Dark Ride of the Moon or Space Mountain ft. Daft Punk), but I’d also love to see some different stuff and some higher concepts like a jazz-based land (Silly Symphony ride?) More rides that embody genres and bands and less rides that are Band: The Ride.

That being said, a Gorillaz ride where you tour Plastic Beach studios would be incredible. Could possibly be a good way to finish the abandoned storyline from that phase.

orlando678-

Personally when I think of a music park, I think of something based more on genre than proper bands. Of course, there could be rides based off of bands (ie Dark Ride of the Moon or Space Mountain ft. Daft Punk), but I’d also love to see some different stuff and some higher concepts like a jazz-based land (Silly Symphony ride?) More rides that embody genres and bands and less rides that are Band: The Ride.

That being said, a Gorillaz ride where you tour Plastic Beach studios would be incredible. Could possibly be a good way to finish the abandoned storyline from that phase.
This is what I was thinking of too! I imagine a more abstract park that bases off feeling and atmosphere like Disneys early animated works, Fantasia, Melody Time, Make Mine Music, The Three Caballeros, Saludos Amigos etc.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Fair enough with the genres, but when I think of a park themed to genres of music I think Hard Rock Park. Let us not be Hard Rock Park ;) :p

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Daft Punk Space Mountain is still the ultimate "chocolate and peanutbutter" perfection as far as hypothetical overlays are concerned.

JokersWild

Fair enough with the genres, but when I think of a park themed to genres of music I think Hard Rock Park. Let us not be Hard Rock Park ;) :p
Actually, I had the exact opposite thought haha. When I think of “Band: The Ride/ The Trip” I think of Hard Rock Park. I think that it’s perfectly ok to have highly themed attractions based off of the ideas of certain bands, but I think that the lands as a whole should be fairly more abstract than “Plastic Beach” or “Battersea Power Plant”, or, my personal favorite, “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Land.”

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Actually, I had the exact opposite thought haha. When I think of “Band: The Ride/ The Trip” I think of Hard Rock Park. I think that it’s perfectly ok to have highly themed attractions based off of the ideas of certain bands, but I think that the lands as a whole should be fairly more abstract than “Plastic Beach” or “Battersea Power Plant”, or, my personal favorite, “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Land.”

Yellow Submarine Voyage is one of my white whales of Imagineering projects. One day I'll get it written, haha.

So how would you conceptualize the lands, then? Would you have different genres, if so how would you differniate it from the cliches found in something like Hard Rock Park? Just curious as to what your approach would be.

I pitch Boulevard of Broken Dreams as the main street, haha.

orlando678-

I think heavy theming on the level of Animal Kingdom but more abstract on the moods of music genres like a country- themed area based on a Canyon/Gulch like area with e.g. banjos worked into the rockwork or a latin/calypso - themed area with a maracas waterfall, a more abstract image like the bookpages scene in The Three Caballeros or Aquarelo do Brasil in Saludos Amigos would be great!

DashHaber

For @DashHaber this would be a fun thread to brainstorm your Universal blue sky park!
We might be having most of our brainstorming in the Carthay Circle thread for that park, but I'll keep this thread in mind. I've had a few rough ideas for different theme parks, actually, so this might be a good space for any potential parks that folks might want to chime in on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom