Park Builders Unite!

IAmNotAHufflepuff

I think that since this is a blue sky literature park, how about we dedicate an entire kid-centric land to children's literature (Clifford, Curious George, etc.).

And to cap it off, how about a horror-literature based land for more mature audiences... God, I love these Blue-Sky parks!

MA Screamin'

I created a C-Ticket based on Matilda. The storyline is slightly different from what happened in the book, but it is not too far off.

_____

The Taunting of Miss Trunchbull - C-Ticket Attraction

Matilda Wormwood is a bright young girl who is in an uncomfortable predicament. She and her classmates are under the tyranny of Miss Trunchbull, a cruel headmistress who treats the children horrifically. Little does she know that Matilda has a power unlike anything that has ever been: telekinesis. With her gift, and her good friend Miss Honey by her side, she decides it’s time to give Miss Trunchbull a little taste of what she deserves.

The ride begins with the queue, which will be the hallways of Crunchem Hall, the school where Matilda attends. After only a few steps, guests will immediately feel the tension orchestrated by Miss Trunchbull. Posters read “Complete your assignments, or you will pay the price!” and “No paper and pen means no more lunch money!” while the intercom spits messages like “Attention facility! Don’t question that if you let any student outside for this foolish ‘recess’ nonsense, you will relieved of your duties at once!” Occasionally, tense whispers from the students run along the gloomy paint, and hints at a almost rebellion against their headmistress can be sensed. Some students even wonder if Matilda’s powers really can do wonders.

As your footsteps echo along the cracked linoleum, you reach a rickety staircase, which leads to Miss Honey’s classroom. In similar fashion to the Mad Tea Party of the Magic Kingdom, the classroom will be a circular gazebo, with the sides being open. The roof is built of tinted windows, so they will allow some natural light, while continuing the tense mood. The “teacups” will be themed to desks, furnished with books and writing utensils where the wheel is. They will all be aligned along the rim of the gazebo, opposed to the scattered alignment typically found in these kinds of attractions. Behind the desks will be an assortment of bookshelves, maps and globes, and other typical classroom items. Guests will take their seats, with Miss Honey advising them over speakers to be get to their seats quickly, as time is of the essence if they want to pull off their mission. She will give the safety instructions, saying that by following them, they will not have to explain to their parents why they have so many bumps and bruises.

With that, Miss Trunchbull can be heard ranting in the distance, and Miss Honey asks Matilda almost heard over the speakers if she is sure about this. Matilda replies saying that she’s certain. By this time, the. desk’s “door” will be shut, and the desks will being moving clockwise along the rim of the gazebo. With that, Miss Honey wishes us good luck and she is heard running away from the scene. An animatronic Miss Trunchbull rises from her desk, located at the center of the gazebo. She appears to be walking from under the ride building and then promptly takes her seat. “I heard about your little plan,” she utters. “A plan to prank me with no remorse. You all think that is silly?”

Children’s giggles are heard, as Matilda’s friend Lavender says, “I placed a newt inside the glass of water. Do it!”

“What exactly will Matilda be doing, Lavender,” shouts Miss Trunchbull. Between her the glass of water floats to the top of her head.

Matilda proclaims, “This!” as the water pours all over Miss Trunchbull’s outfit and the newt crawls down her shirt.

Miss Trunchbull jumps. “What in the bloody name of… a newt! There’s a newt down my knickers!”

With this, the desks arrange themselves in typical Mad Tea Party fashion, and guests can proceed to spin them in whatever direction they fancy. The tinted windows now dance with different colors filling the dull panels. The items on the desks dance as well: the books fill back and forth, the pencils stand on their own and march around the desk, and paper airplanes even form, and appear to fly across the gazebo (by the power of projection technology), some hitting Miss Trunchbull’s hair and poking her eyes. The same go for the items surrounding the rim of the gazebo: posters swing back and forth, globes spin rapidly, and blinds even fall from the roof, that read things like “Away with Miss Trunchbull!” and “Boo hoo, Miss Trunchbull won’t do!” This is all while the children is dying of laughter, while Miss Trunchbull is scared out of her wits, saying things like “Matilda, make it stop!” and “I’ve got to get away for here, forever!” Lavender and Matilda are happy with a job well done, as the ride begins to slow down, and Miss Honey joins the class once more. The Miss Trunchbull animatronic sinks back down, still astonished and very frightened.

Our three heroes thank guests for helping them. Miss Honey says that class is over, and that guests are all invited for a cup of tea at her cottage (which it a quick-service restaurant and gift shop not directly connected to, but near the ride.) Guests can make their way to the exit, which is similar to the hallway-themed queue, with the decor and lighting being the exact opposite. The floor is polished, the walls have a fresh coat of paint, and the posters and intercom messages all mention a return of recess and new, tastier school lunches.​

_____
I'll talk about Miss Honey's Cottage later, but I feel like it should offer lighter items, like pastries and appetizers, instead of full meals. I have an idea for a dining hall themed to Fantastic Mr. Fox, which again, I'll dive into later. Other than that, what do you all think?

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
I created a C-Ticket based on Matilda. The storyline is slightly different from what happened in the book, but it is not too far off.

_____

The Taunting of Miss Trunchbull - C-Ticket Attraction

Matilda Wormwood is a bright young girl who is in an uncomfortable predicament. She and her classmates are under the tyranny of Miss Trunchbull, a cruel headmistress who treats the children horrifically. Little does she know that Matilda has a power unlike anything that has ever been: telekinesis. With her gift, and her good friend Miss Honey by her side, she decides it’s time to give Miss Trunchbull a little taste of what she deserves.

The ride begins with the queue, which will be the hallways of Crunchem Hall, the school where Matilda attends. After only a few steps, guests will immediately feel the tension orchestrated by Miss Trunchbull. Posters read “Complete your assignments, or you will pay the price!” and “No paper and pen means no more lunch money!” while the intercom spits messages like “Attention facility! Don’t question that if you let any student outside for this foolish ‘recess’ nonsense, you will relieved of your duties at once!” Occasionally, tense whispers from the students run along the gloomy paint, and hints at a almost rebellion against their headmistress can be sensed. Some students even wonder if Matilda’s powers really can do wonders.

As your footsteps echo along the cracked linoleum, you reach a rickety staircase, which leads to Miss Honey’s classroom. In similar fashion to the Mad Tea Party of the Magic Kingdom, the classroom will be a circular gazebo, with the sides being open. The roof is built of tinted windows, so they will allow some natural light, while continuing the tense mood. The “teacups” will be themed to desks, furnished with books and writing utensils where the wheel is. They will all be aligned along the rim of the gazebo, opposed to the scattered alignment typically found in these kinds of attractions. Behind the desks will be an assortment of bookshelves, maps and globes, and other typical classroom items. Guests will take their seats, with Miss Honey advising them over speakers to be get to their seats quickly, as time is of the essence if they want to pull off their mission. She will give the safety instructions, saying that by following them, they will not have to explain to their parents why they have so many bumps and bruises.

With that, Miss Trunchbull can be heard ranting in the distance, and Miss Honey asks Matilda almost heard over the speakers if she is sure about this. Matilda replies saying that she’s certain. By this time, the. desk’s “door” will be shut, and the desks will being moving clockwise along the rim of the gazebo. With that, Miss Honey wishes us good luck and she is heard running away from the scene. An animatronic Miss Trunchbull rises from her desk, located at the center of the gazebo. She appears to be walking from under the ride building and then promptly takes her seat. “I heard about your little plan,” she utters. “A plan to prank me with no remorse. You all think that is silly?”

Children’s giggles are heard, as Matilda’s friend Lavender says, “I placed a newt inside the glass of water. Do it!”

“What exactly will Matilda be doing, Lavender,” shouts Miss Trunchbull. Between her the glass of water floats to the top of her head.

Matilda proclaims, “This!” as the water pours all over Miss Trunchbull’s outfit and the newt crawls down her shirt.

Miss Trunchbull jumps. “What in the bloody name of… a newt! There’s a newt down my knickers!”

With this, the desks arrange themselves in typical Mad Tea Party fashion, and guests can proceed to spin them in whatever direction they fancy. The tinted windows now dance with different colors filling the dull panels. The items on the desks dance as well: the books fill back and forth, the pencils stand on their own and march around the desk, and paper airplanes even form, and appear to fly across the gazebo (by the power of projection technology), some hitting Miss Trunchbull’s hair and poking her eyes. The same go for the items surrounding the rim of the gazebo: posters swing back and forth, globes spin rapidly, and blinds even fall from the roof, that read things like “Away with Miss Trunchbull!” and “Boo hoo, Miss Trunchbull won’t do!” This is all while the children is dying of laughter, while Miss Trunchbull is scared out of her wits, saying things like “Matilda, make it stop!” and “I’ve got to get away for here, forever!” Lavender and Matilda are happy with a job well done, as the ride begins to slow down, and Miss Honey joins the class once more. The Miss Trunchbull animatronic sinks back down, still astonished and very frightened.

Our three heroes thank guests for helping them. Miss Honey says that class is over, and that guests are all invited for a cup of tea at her cottage (which it a quick-service restaurant and gift shop not directly connected to, but near the ride.) Guests can make their way to the exit, which is similar to the hallway-themed queue, with the decor and lighting being the exact opposite. The floor is polished, the walls have a fresh coat of paint, and the posters and intercom messages all mention a return of recess and new, tastier school lunches.​

_____
I'll talk about Miss Honey's Cottage later, but I feel like it should offer lighter items, like pastries and appetizers, instead of full meals. I have an idea for a dining hall themed to Fantastic Mr. Fox, which again, I'll dive into later. Other than that, what do you all think?
Very nice! I like it!

The90skid

Disappointed that I missed out on the early stages of development here! But it's my own fault for being busy :(, just wanted to chime in with my approval and support! I look forward to seeing where this idea goes.

KingOfEpicocity

Basically here's the pitch:

How can we bring as much as we can to the Disneyland resort in one last gate? My answer is Project humanity. Celebrating mankinds achievements, past, present and future. And our relationship with the natural world. Imagine EPCOT meets animal kingdom.

The first phase of the project includes 2/3 new disney hotels, and a new peoplemover/monorail circling the resort.
Transportation map 2.png

Then theres the park itself
Transportation map PH.png

The park is divided into two parts. Technological and world. basically future world and DAK meets world showcase. This initial design calls for the world to be flat across the rear of the park. ive decided to change this to a U shape to allow for maximum immersion.

At the entrance to the park stands Spaceship earth. This time, its a huge smooth golden globe, atop a pedestal of rooks and water features. this futuristic yet classical style symbolizes both concepts of the park. Inside is a massive darrk ride which tells the entire story of mankind, from our humble beginnings, to the promise of the future.
SketchUp 2016-03-09 20-22-13-73.png

This layout is more correct. The globe is surrouned by two wave like structures, which i havent yet given a purpose, besides serving as a gateway into future world. Future world is split up into 6 pavilions.
Communication
transportation
energy
health
space
and land

and the World area is split up into 4(or 5??) continents. With a possible variation or movement of soarin around the world as the host pavilion.

The rest is still to be designed. its a big project. Theres a lot to it, but in thw words of EPCOT itself, "If we can dream it, we really can do it!"
logo.png

MonorailRed

Applebees
Basically here's the pitch:

How can we bring as much as we can to the Disneyland resort in one last gate? My answer is Project humanity. Celebrating mankinds achievements, past, present and future. And our relationship with the natural world. Imagine EPCOT meets animal kingdom.

The first phase of the project includes 2/3 new disney hotels, and a new peoplemover/monorail circling the resort.
View attachment 133699
Then theres the park itself
View attachment 133700

The park is divided into two parts. Technological and world. basically future world and DAK meets world showcase. This initial design calls for the world to be flat across the rear of the park. ive decided to change this to a U shape to allow for maximum immersion.

At the entrance to the park stands Spaceship earth. This time, its a huge smooth golden globe, atop a pedestal of rooks and water features. this futuristic yet classical style symbolizes both concepts of the park. Inside is a massive darrk ride which tells the entire story of mankind, from our humble beginnings, to the promise of the future.
View attachment 133701

This layout is more correct. The globe is surrouned by two wave like structures, which i havent yet given a purpose, besides serving as a gateway into future world. Future world is split up into 6 pavilions.
Communication
transportation
energy
health
space
and land

and the World area is split up into 4(or 5??) continents. With a possible variation or movement of soarin around the world as the host pavilion.

The rest is still to be designed. its a big project. Theres a lot to it, but in thw words of EPCOT itself, "If we can dream it, we really can do it!"
View attachment 133702

:jawdrop:

Spectacular pitch and map! :D

Seriously! I love the map work on this! and Excellent idea as well!

spacemt354

Chili's
Alright! i would start just by taking in a lot of inspiration and begin to understand the purpose and idea of the project. and get to thinking. there's no limits here folks! and the more the merrier. anyone who would like to join is free to!
That's really what I love about this thread concept...everyone is welcome and we all work together!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom