Park Builders Unite!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Greetings Fellow Armchair Imagineers!

This is a phrase I've been using for roughly 750 video podcasts on my So, You Want to be an Imagineer Youtube channel. On the eve of our involvement in the WDWMagic community I'd like to officially start on a dream project that @JokersWild and I have been working on for over two years.

Park Builders Unite is a project that will combine open brainstorming in a forum setting with brainstorming sessions done on Google Hangouts. First off I'll give the board a concept to work with on this thread. After they've developed some ideas the "Park Builders" will come on Hangouts, recap the ideas presented on the boards, and fine tune the concept live on air. It will be a collabrative project between the boards and the podcast like we've never seen before!

To try things out, I'm going to pitch something that's been on the minds of Disneyland fans for years...the empty patch of strawberry fields on Katelina Boulevard about two blocks away from the Disneyland Resort. This property is owned by Disney, and is where many are speculating an eventual third gate will go.

This is where you guys come in. It's not that much land, probably less than the original DCA was situated on. So the question then becomes, do you create a small theme park or a larger "expansion" to the resort. It's entirely up to you. Want to design a Water Park? A Downtown Disney expansion? A DisneyQuest style indoor theme park? A small but greatly detailed third gate? It's ENTIRELY in your hands.

What I want to see come up with in this thread is the answer to what exactly you want the strawberry fields to be used for, and some rough brainstorming on the concepts. The Park Builders will then come in and build on the ideas. After the podcast we can do some more fine tuning on the concept and turn it into a full blown presentation.

And that's it. Happy new year and let the brainstorming begin! :D :D

spacemt354

Chili's
disneyland-anaheim-land2.jpg

I think the A is the new land purchase...looks same if not a tad bit smaller than DCA - but DCA has a ton of attractions and is on the rise -- my Marvel park concept was in this location - but we don't have to/shouldn't do all the same theme for a whole park...I just did that because i was bored:p

With a Star Wars land rumored for Toontown - could it be possible to pull a Uni and have the Millennium Falcon travel from the Star Wars land in DL to the new land in our park??

I like how I'm going to Star Wars before we even have a theme. ;)

Might sound generic...but what about simply "Disney Studios" - you could build out a whole land based on Disney Channel shows like Gravity Falls, have an ESPN land (they are based out in LA) have a Star Wars land, have a Marvel Land, and finish up with a Disney Animation land (Pixar can have a presence...but DCA is basically already a Pixar land...so maybe focus on stuff like Tangled, Wreck-it-Ralph, etc)

Thoughts?

spacemt354

Chili's
Seriously though! Imagine some really awesomely detailed version Animal Kingdom's Discovery Island Trails in Mysterious Island themed to Center of the Earth or something.... :cool:

Or like... A Dinosaur themed "Back in Time" storyline in a giant indoor area like Mermaid Lagoon.... :D
Yes!

I love it! A combination of the tropical exploration of DAK and the adventure/discovery of DisneySEA

It'd be cool to brush off the Excavator DAK concept too!

JokersWild

tumblr_ltn02nsgVF1qiev8lo1_500.gif

I'm in!

Random... But What about a Hybrid of AK and DisneySea? o_O
That would be incredibly cool. It'd certainly be different.

I think it could mix well :D

Plus it'd something new for the other coast, and still different enough from WDW's to be interesting.

Agreed!

Maybe Mix that with Raging Spirits? :confused:
I'd love it if we could get Raging Spirits in here. I've actually been wanting to make an expanded Raging Spirits that would be a dueling coaster with one track being suspended, and the other being a water coaster.

This park could be really incredibly cool. I'd love to see an expanded Mysterious Island with walking trails and expanded/ different attractions. It'd be great to see maybe a walking trail up Mount Prometheus. And, of course, we could have a ton more Jules Verne influence. I'm thinking perhaps a Robur the Conqueror walkthrough, keep JoTC (though switch it up a bit so it's not a straight clone), different/ expanded 20k, and something else I can't quite think of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom