News Paradise Pier Becoming Pixar Pier

mickEblu

It's usually one of the three Black Cauldron, Home on the Range or Chicken Little. Chicken Little is as good as most animated movies today. It just wasn't Disney or Pixar quality. Black Cauldron would have been better if Jeffrey Katzenberg didn't get in the editing room and butcher it. It needed a song or two.

Agreed on both counts.

vancee

Completely off topic but I owe you an apology. Chicken Little isn't THAT bad. Truth be told I had only watched bits and pieces years ago. I watched it for the first time the other day and it's decent. Definitely not the worst and I enjoyed it more than the likes of Atlantis, Black Cauldron, and probably a few others. It's in the same ball park as Meet the Robinsons, Bolt, and Treasure Planet.
wait im confused.. but i accept your apology :D

edit: oh, talking about a long time ago lol

D

Deleted member 107043

Is it thrilling at least?

It is, I guess, but the execution production-wise is extremely poor. I mean anyone can build a twisting turning roller coaster, encase it in a gigantic warehouse, throw up some painted black lit flats, crank up some corny Aerosmith songs, and turn the lights off right? It's literally that basic.

Here's the Disneyland Paris exterior, which should set your expectations for what's inside.

2b1a9ac209b54ab4cb455d1a1d2d1a9d--disneyland-paris-roller-coasters.jpg

mickEblu

It is, I guess, but the execution production-wise is extremely poor. I mean anyone can build a twisting turning roller coaster, encase it in a gigantic warehouse, throw up some painted black lit flats, crank up some corny Aerosmith songs, and turn the lights off right? It's literally that basic.

Here's the Disneyland Paris exterior, which should set your expectations for what's inside.

Yuck!

D

Deleted member 107043

But it seems that most people think Chicken Little or Home on the Range is the worst Disney animated movie ever made. After watching Chicken Little, I have my money on Home on the Range.

Home on The Range isn't so bad that it should be last on the list. It's certainly better than The Black Cauldron. At least from what I remember.

D

Deleted member 107043

Black Cauldron feels like it was trying. Home on the Range feels incredibly cheap and pandering.

Rotten Tomatoes gave Home on The Range and The Black Cauldron 54% and 55% on the tamatometer respectively. For comparison Chicken Little scored 36%. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Phroobar

If they built RnRC at DCA for it's opening, it would have looked exactly like the WDS Paris version except it should play No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom. It would be extremely fitting and the execs would never figure out the meaning of the song.

No Name

I like Rock 'n' Rollercoaster in DHS because it gives the park a ride based on something other than movies/shows. The big mistake Disney's making is that, with every new ride based on a movie franchise, they're failing to attract new markets.

People often criticize Universal for a lack of original attractions, myself included. But notice they've recently built rides based on IP best known as books, movies, a talk show, and soon, videogames. On the other hand, Disney is not diversifying. The last thing they need to do is replace Aerosmith with another movie franchise.

NobodyElse

And this is pretty much the track layout...

LSM_Coaster_996m_3D_visualisation.png

D

Deleted member 107043

The big mistake Disney's making is that, with every new ride based on a movie franchise, they're failing to attract new markets.

It's all about striking the right balance.. Marvel and Star Wars are going to be massive draws for people who are not traditional Disney Park fans, and the constant bombardment of new and old classic Disney/Pixar style animated characters, along with refreshes of old infrastructure (i.e.: The Matterhorn and ROA) will keep the fan base relatively content.

nevol

It is the worst disney ride. Even the Orlando one. Paramount parks (Kings Island and Kings Dominion, now under Cedar Fair leadership) got some premier rides enclosed and themed launched coasters in the 90s, about the same time Disney ordered these vekomas. They are indistinguishable. Super rough, not even good coasters as the focus of their design was on making that spaghetti bowl of track rather than on ride pacing, forces, etc. Over the shoulder restraints , speed, the shape of the cars severely limits visibility and dark ride show. Was built when launched coasters was a new technology and that innovation offset all the other downsides. Now that novelty has worn off and they can't hide how crap it all is IMO.

I think dca could have survived if they had a more legit hollywood/sunset boulevard a la orlando, and while I don't believe RNRC could have saved it, I do believe great movie ride and TOT could have, if done the way in which they were on the east coast.

Professortango1

Wow really? At least Chicken Little had some heart with the whole Father-Son thing. I didn't feel anything when I watched Black Cauldron.
I remember also loving that the aliens zapped the characters and they vanished in a puff of smoke. No silliness, no singed cartoony faces, just annihilated. I was like "whoa!" The first half has some great suspense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom