Parade of Dreams in early 2009?

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Since it appears Disneyland will get a new parade in January, do we think the plan is to get our next hand-me-down parade early next year, too? It'd be better than the MK's current offering....

DisneyMusician2

I, for one, would not mind that hand-me-down. The current MK parade just isn't that great, and the one from DL is supposed to be excellent.

WDWFigment

Since it appears Disneyland will get a new parade in January, do we think the plan is to get our next hand-me-down parade early next year, too? It'd be better than the MK's current offering....

I certainly hope this is the case, I really don't care for the current daytime parade.

TP2000

According to Birnbaum's 2009 Official Guide to Walt Disney World, which is quasi-owned by Disney itself, Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams is coming to Magic Kingdom in 2009.

What throws a monkey wrench into that plan is the info from Al Lutz that the original plan to introduce a new Worlds of Wonder (working title) parade at Disneyland in '09 was pushed back to 2010 due to problems with the float designs that arose when the Flik float broke in DCA's new Pixar Play Parade this past summer. The Flik float was fixed (say that ten times fast), but work continues on redesigning the World of Wonder floats. According to Lutz the Worlds of Wonder parade is massive and stunning, but features complex float designs with moving parts that are even more intricate than the moving features on the Parade of Dreams. And now the word is that Disneyland will keep the Parade of Dreams for '09, Fantasmic! will continue to get the big upgrades it had planned anyway during the parade swap, and Disneyland will not debut their new parade until 2010 as part of the 55th Anniversary celebration.

So it looks like Disneyland keeps Parade of Dreams for a fifth and final year, and Magic Kingdom keeps the Share A Dream parade for a while longer.

The Internet scoops the old-fashioned print media yet again. :cool:

SirGoofy

I love being the little brother who gets all the stuff Disneyland is done with.

Except in this family there's a cousin in Japan who gets even better toys than the two of us.

jmuboy

How long has that old, old, oldddddd snowglobe (minus the snowglobes now) parade been running in the MK? 10 years? 15 years? At this point letting the maintenance cast members drive their trucks down Main Street would quite possibly be more entertaining! The Parade of Dreams can't get here from CA quick enough!!!

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
This is what Screamscape reported today about DL's new parade, which led me to consider PoD for 2009 at WDW:

2009 - Celebrate! Party In The Streets - (11/6/08) I’ve been told that a new parade called Celebrate! Party In The Streets will begin as soon as the winter holiday is over and they retire the Parade of Dreams. The new parade will run twice daily and feature colorful floats featuring Disney characters with banners and ribbons connecting the floats as if in a long chain. The parade is expected to stop several times along the route to “party” with the guests, along with the use of a ton of confetti to be shot from cannons placed along the parade route.

--------------------

Of course, this could also be similar to what WDW will get next year...Dream Come True with banners and confetti...sigh...

Chape19714

How long has that old, old, oldddddd snowglobe (minus the snowglobes now) parade been running in the MK? 10 years? 15 years? At this point letting the maintenance cast members drive their trucks down Main Street would quite possibly be more entertaining! The Parade of Dreams can't get here from CA quick enough!!!
It premiered in late 2001, so it's really not that old. Only 7 years. It's the same age as Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade.

WDW1974

The parade situation is typical of what I mean when I say WDW is stale. SpectroMagic premiered in 1991 with the snowglobes/no snowglobes parade debuting in 2001.

They are both old and tired.

The plan was for MK to indeed inherit DL's PoD next year, but that has been delayed to the point where I am not sure when it will actually happen.

And while I enjoy PoD a lot (I know the float designer), I can't help but think WDW should get something new instead of something that's been 'borrowed.'

But, either way, it will be a huge improvement when it happens.

GiveMeTheMusic

Screamscape got it a little wrong. The Celebrate street show will run in addition to POD, not in place of it, just like its sister show will run at the MK in addition to DDCT.

WDW is not currently equipped to present POD at the MK, and is unwilling to make the necessary investments to do so. Don't count on seeing it there unless they change their minds. Management there would rather redress DDCT AGAIN (the new Celebrations version premieres in early 2009) than do something "new" like POD.

kcw

the original plan to introduce a new Worlds of Wonder (working title) parade at Disneyland in '09 was pushed back to 2010 ... Disneyland will not debut their new parade until 2010 as part of the 55th Anniversary celebration.

So it looks like Disneyland keeps Parade of Dreams for a fifth and final year, and Magic Kingdom keeps the Share A Dream parade for a while longer.

This is what I have heard as well, from sources other than Lutz. On top of that, I've also heard that the plans for the MK to get PoD might very well be off

I love being the little brother who gets all the stuff Disneyland is done with.

Except in this family there's a cousin in Japan who gets even better toys than the two of us.
hahaha very well said

This is what Screamscape reported today about DL's new parade, which led me to consider PoD for 2009 at WDW:

2009 - Celebrate! Party In The Streets -

This is not the *new* parade that DL is getting- WoW is, and it will make the Party In the Street business look like a small town parade down main street (ha- just realized the irony in that!).

The street party is a both park thing, and is connect to the new What Will You Celebrate. WoW is connected to DL's 55th

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
So they are introducing the new Celebrate "thing" and updating the current parade AGAIN? What will they shorten the name to this time? First it was the Share a Dream Come True Parade. Then Disney Dreams Come True. New for 2009, it's the "True Parade"?

DisneyMusician2

So they are introducing the new Celebrate "thing" and updating the current parade AGAIN? What will they shorten the name to this time? First it was the Share a Dream Come True Parade. Then Disney Dreams Come True. New for 2009, it's the "True Parade"?

Maybe now we'll get the "Dream Parade", where Disney pipes in music and you think you are watching a parade! This will also be moved to the Imagination Pavilion at Epcot on of days.:lookaroun:lookaroun

jmuboy

Screamscape got it a little wrong. The Celebrate street show will run in addition to POD, not in place of it, just like its sister show will run at the MK in addition to DDCT.

WDW is not currently equipped to present POD at the MK, and is unwilling to make the necessary investments to do so. Don't count on seeing it there unless they change their minds. Management there would rather redress DDCT AGAIN (the new Celebrations version premieres in early 2009) than do something "new" like POD.

What's so drastically different about Parade of Dreams that they can present it in CA but not Florida? What lazy excuse has WDW come up with this time? I'm really going to speak with my wallet from now on and only go to DL. WDW is becoming more and more frustrating to visit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom