Pandora - The World of Avatar opening day reports

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Does anyone else think it was bad planning to have opening EMH on opening day?
Have you seen the prices of the hotel rooms? I think it's pretty fair to give resort guests first dibs on getting into the land. It also helps stagger the entry a little with a smaller subset of visitors getting in earlier. It's opening day so there's going to be crowd issues either way, but from the posts so far it seems pretty well organized. From Disney's prospective they probably sold a lot of extra rooms this weekend as a result of offering EMHs.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Seeing these wait times and capacity issues, the more I think Disney has screwed up on Star Wars Land. I think they should have axed Toy Story and had either another ride or more open space to reduce crowding. I mean I get Toy Story is for the kids, but I have no idea how Disney is going to handle capacity especially for guests staying off-site.

You could have argued the same thing about Harry Potter... give it a few weeks/months and everything will normalize... in fact, in a year or so, we'll probably comment on how much of FOP's queue regularly goes unused (similar to Radiator Springs Racers at DCA).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I hate people who do that. It's not fair to the resort guests who got stuck waiting in Oasis trying to get in.
Yeah, they sound real classy.
This is the reason they had to change things like the Guest Assistance Card and add finger print scanners to the gates. There are always people looking for ways to cheat the system. I'm sure there are others who tried pulling the book and cancel trick on a day like this. The CMs are overwhelmed with the crowds and don't have time to investigate every person to make sure their reservation hasn't been cancelled.

raven

This is the reason they had to change things like the Guest Assistance Card and add finger print scanners to the gates. There are always people looking for ways to cheat the system. I'm sure there are others who tried pulling the book and cancel trick on a day like this. The CMs are overwhelmed with the crowds and don't have time to investigate every person to make sure their reservation hasn't been cancelled.
Well my friends gained entry within the first 10 minutes of the gates opening. I'd hope a Cm wouldn't be "overwhelmed" by then.

iMax

Reports flying all over Twitter that Animal Kingdom reached a Phase 1 close due to capacity. Those with 1-day, 1-park tickets, those without pre-purchased tickets, and Cast Members using Main Entrance Passes are being turned away.

About the Cast Members using Main Entrance passes, we're blocked out all weekend long on both Main Entrances Passes and Self Admission.

Bolt

Reports flying all over Twitter that Animal Kingdom reached a Phase 1 close due to capacity. Those with 1-day, 1-park tickets, those without pre-purchased tickets, and Cast Members using Main Entrance Passes are being turned away.
Pandora is at capacity, not the park.

The only tweet I could find was this (and clearly a fake account to mimic @disneyparks):
DinseyParsk‏ @DinseyParsk 11m11 minutes ago More Pandora is at capacity for today, please visit other Disney Animal Kingdom experiences such as Rafiki's Planet Watch or Doc McStuffins

raven

CMs have been blocked from using their passes from today onward until a certain date. But not surprised some CMs are even trying that.

MiddKid

Seeing these wait times and capacity issues, the more I think Disney has screwed up on Star Wars Land. I think they should have axed Toy Story and had either another ride or more open space to reduce crowding. I mean I get Toy Story is for the kids, but I have no idea how Disney is going to handle capacity especially for guests staying off-site.

As mentioned by others, one does not judge anything based on opening day!
IMG_7950.JPG

the_rich

I'm here now and it's the best land I've seen. Even better than Cars land. FOP is the most immersive ride I've ever been on. Haters are gonna hate on Avatar and Pandora and the fact that it's in AK, but this is an amazing area whether you're a fan of the movie or not.
I thought the visuals of the movie were great but the movie was meh. The land on the other hand looks great and doesn't even matter that it's connected to the movie. It can stand on its own merit.

DisLemur

As mentioned by others, one does not judge anything based on opening day!
View attachment 207070
I normally would agree, but also keep in mind Star Wars has been around 20 years longer than Potter and has far bigger multi-generational fan base. It will settle down but I think it's going to be a capacity nightmare on both coasts (probably more Disneyland because they already have capacity issues as it is) for a few years after it opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom