Pandora - The World of Avatar opening day reports

jmmc

I've been one of the people that questioned the creation of the Avatar area, wondering if the movies remained popular enough. But I also admitted that if the attractions were good enough, it could still be popular. And I think it may have the opposite effect of reminding people of the movies and helping get people excited for the sequels. (If they ever happen.)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well my friends gained entry within the first 10 minutes of the gates opening. I'd hope a Cm wouldn't be "overwhelmed" by then.
Did you see the pictures of the lines? I'm guessing a lot of those people were lined up well before park opening. Whether it was the first 10 minutes or hours in the crowds were still there.

disney4life2008

For a movie and land "no one cares about" there are lots and lots of people here!!

Umm it's the opening day, on a holiday weekend, where Disney sent out discounted rooms for the opening to specific guests, etc. What more would you expect?

Its going to be crazy clear through the foreseeable future

francism

I have a Fast Pass+ for Navi River Journey tonight at 6:10. From reading the thread, I know that they should let me into Pandora during my Fast Pass+ window so I'm set on that. The question I have is how bad is the parking lot? Is there a real chance that they will hit capacity before I head over there? I'm guessing that if it is full they will route people over to park at Hollywood Studios or Epcot to be bused over but that would probably ruin the chances of actually making the Fast Pass. Any thoughts on this?

disney4life2008

I'm going to take this opportunity to remind everyone how relentlessly chewed out I got by 90% or so of the people on this forum for suggesting (years ago) that this area might actually be successful. Looks like it's doing a pretty decent job drawing people to the park, and getting spectacular reviews.

Vindication.

No vindication here. It's Disney, a holiday weekend plus people are naturally going to go because it's a new land. No different than frozen.

clemmo

And so is GOTG Mission Breakout which has 240 minute waits right now.

There is a third attraction possible but I doubt they would act so soon.
I'd think maybe if the films do well they could build something on that long pathway to nowhere between Africa and pandora

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I have a Fast Pass+ for Navi River Journey tonight at 6:10. From reading the thread, I know that they should let me into Pandora during my Fast Pass+ window so I'm set on that. The question I have is how bad is the parking lot? Is there a real chance that they will hit capacity before I head over there? I'm guessing that if it is full they will route people over to park at Hollywood Studios or Epcot to be bused over but that would probably ruin the chances of actually making the Fast Pass. Any thoughts on this?
I think you will be ok. Stay tuned and we will report if we hear anything.

Sweet Thing

Reports flying all over Twitter that Animal Kingdom reached a Phase 1 close due to capacity. Those with 1-day, 1-park tickets, those without pre-purchased tickets, and Cast Members using Main Entrance Passes are being turned away.
The park is not at capacity and main gates have been listed as blocked for this day for several months.

rodserling27

I got to AK around 6:55am. Got into actual Pandora around 7:55. Got in line for FOP when it was advertised as a 3 1/2 hour wait, but only waited 1 hour and 10 minutes. Most beautiful and detailed queue. Waited another 30 min for merch. AP stuff didn't appear as limited as I feared it would be.

Yes. Crowds ARE insane, but up until a little bit ago, everyone was in a really good mood. Every one has been happy to wait and experience the new adventures together. But now, the late comers and mid day crowd all seem really annoyed that it would be so crowded on a holiday opening day weekend....

Me? Nap time at my resort. Then back to AK because somehow by the grace of Eywa, I scored a FP for the river journey at 4:00. Also, I was wrong in thinking this land wouldn't be great. It's incredible.

(Edited for typos!)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom