Pandora Soft Opening Watch

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, here's the timeline so far. Additions/corrections welcome. What is not known is if there are any days which are general audience soft opening days.

Mar 24 – FP opens for Pandora. 60 (+length of stay) Days for Disney Resort Guests. 30 days for others.

Mar 24 – AP and DVC previews were offerred through email [AP filled]

May 2 - 4 – DAK CMs get a chance to preview

May 5-6, 8-12 – CM preview of Pandora

May 13 - 22 – AP and DVC previews happen in 2 hour slots, pre-registration required [AP filled]

May 19 – D23 Tour of Pandora with Rohde, 11 am – 2 pm, pre-registration required

May 23 – Press Event

May 24 – Press Event: The whole AK park open from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm only!

May 25 – Press Event

May 27 – Pandora Grand Opening

May 27 – July 4:
  • Park hours 8 am – 11 PM
  • Evening Extra Magic Hours, daily 11 pm – 1 am (for Pandora)
  • Two days of Morning EMH, 7 AM, Saturday & Monday

Last edited:

kinghenry

So, here's the timeline so far. Additions/corrections welcome. What is not known is if there are any days which are general audience soft opening days.

Mar 25 – FP opens for Pandora. 60 Days for Resort Guests. 30 days for others starting May 27

Mar 25 – AP and DVC previews were offerred through email

May 13 - 22 – AP and DVC previews happen in 2 hour slots, pre-registration required

May 19 – D23 Tour of Pandora with Rohde, 11 am – 2 pm, pre-registration required

May 23 – Press Event

May 24 – Press Event: AK open from 8:30 am to only 3:30 pm

May 25 – Press Event

May 27 – July 4:

The March 25th day is incorrect. The 60 day mark starts on March 27th

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

Well, this is from Disney:

Fri, March 24, 2017
FastPass+ for Pandora – The World of Avatar Opens to Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Guests, Special Extra Magic Hours to be Offered

Great news for those of you anxiously counting the days until the opening of Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom on May 27 – FastPass+ reservations are now open to experience the land’s never-before-seen attractions for guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
Guests at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can reserve FastPass+ selections for the two attractions up to 60 days prior to check in, beginning today. For all other guests who have pre-purchased valid park admission, reservations will be available starting 30 days prior to their visit, beginning May 27, 2017. You may select one of these two attractions in your first set of Disney FastPass+ selections, depending on availability.​

And there are people who got FPs already... so, for what date did they get them?

Fixed the Mar 25 date.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member

Onsite guests can book at 60 days for the length of their stay.

People who have booked fps are booking for day 4, 5, 6 etc of their stay. I know of a couple of people who even added a day to their stay to catch Pandora. Not to mention fellow DVCers who were arranging stays in order to register for the previews. I just wish I could join them ☹️

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Onsite guests can book at 60 days for the length of their stay.

People who have booked fps are booking for day 4, 5, 6 etc of their stay. I know of a couple of people who even added a day to their stay to catch Pandora. Not to mention fellow DVCers who were arranging stays in order to register for the previews. I just wish I could join them ☹️

Ah, I forgot about the 60+10! Thanks.

nickys

Premium Member
Ah, I forgot about the 60+10! Thanks.

Not just 60 + 10 either, it' s 60 + full length of stay. Found that out when booking at Christmas and surprised to be able to book for all 13 days. Asked member services if that was a glitch and was told "no, that's standard".

A friend called me all excited this morning, saying she'd booked for their last 2 days (of 14) on 27th and 28th. One fp each day. Their last day, staying at BC will be Cape May breakfast, AK for the river journey ride and back to BC for a swim before Magic Express pick up.

Right now, I'm jealous. But hoping everyone who's managed to book or got a preview has a great time. Looking forward to some trip reports.

becca_

Not just 60 + 10 either, it' s 60 + full length of stay. Found that out when booking at Christmas and surprised to be able to book for all 13 days. Asked member services if that was a glitch and was told "no, that's standard".

A friend called me all excited this morning, saying she'd booked for their last 2 days (of 14) on 27th and 28th. One fp each day. Their last day, staying at BC will be Cape May breakfast, AK for the river journey ride and back to BC for a swim before Magic Express pick up.

Right now, I'm jealous. But hoping everyone who's managed to book or got a preview has a great time. Looking forward to some trip reports.
Exactly what I did... Departure day FP for Flight of Passage at 8:25-9:25! So excited & hoping it isn't completely jam-packed busy (but expecting the worst)

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

Mar 24 – FP opens for Pandora. 60 (+length of stay) Days for Disney Resort Guests. 30 days for others.

Mar 24 – AP and DVC previews were offerred through email

May 13 - 22 – AP and DVC previews happen in 2 hour slots, pre-registration required

May 23 – Press Event

May 24 – Press Event: AK open from 8:30 am to only 3:30 pm

May 25 – Press Event

May 27 – July 4:

Hmmm... starting May 2, there's daily previews for various groups, but, nothing listed for May 7 and May 26. Wonder who's getting their peeps in on those days? Corporate bigwigs? Big name stars and billionaires? Tupac?

So here is some info from someone on the disboards.

The projected beginning date for DVC and passholder previews is April 22nd.

Between 4/22 and 5/27, there will be several days where it won't be open to guests.

April 18th is the possible date for CM previews.

Obviously this can change.
Does this mean maybe i could catch it by april 21st?

Stevek

Mar 24 – AP and DVC previews were offerred through email [AP filled]

May 13 - 22 – AP and DVC previews happen in 2 hour slots, pre-registration required [AP filled]

May 23 – Press Event

May 24 – Press Event: The whole AK park open from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm only!

May 25 – Press Event

May 27 – July 4:
I'll be on vacation and visiting on 5/20...does that mean I'm out of luck seeing Pandora?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I'll be on vacation and visiting on 5/20...does that mean I'm out of luck seeing Pandora?

More than likely. They'd have to leave Pandora open late at night as a soft opening after all the registered guests have gone through... and I would imagine that's not likely.

Jeffxz

Has anyone heard anything about procedures for if the land hits capacity on opening weekend? I'm thinking that with the holiday weekend and this grand opening, pandora itself might reach capacity throughout the weekend.

If this happens and they start holding people at the bridge, will they just allow a line to form? Will they issue return time tickets? What will happen for those that have FP+?

I apologize if this has already been discussed and I missed it. I've been avoiding the Avatar board to avoid spoilers.

Magic Feather

Has anyone heard anything about procedures for if the land hits capacity on opening weekend? I'm thinking that with the holiday weekend and this grand opening, pandora itself might reach capacity throughout the weekend.

If this happens and they start holding people at the bridge, will they just allow a line to form? Will they issue return time tickets? What will happen for those that have FP+?

I apologize if this has already been discussed and I missed it. I've been avoiding the Avatar board to avoid spoilers.
Others can correct me if I am wrong, but AFAIK, its capacity will be dealt with in a similar way to parks ex. Pandora is getting crowded, so now only AP, DVC, or FP+ holders can go in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom