Pandora Jewelry coming to Walt Disney World with products and sponsorship of Wishes

note2001

They sell solid silver or solid gold charms...not plated...so they are in line with current prices of these metals. That being said, I would never pay those prices. ;)

Pandora does sell solid precious metal charms, but I doubt we will be seeing any of these sold by Disney (although with Disney's markup, the prices might make one think they are solid) What we will see are mass produced silver and 10K gold plated charms. My reasoning: Disney wants the largest markup possible, but still have the trinkets 'affordable', and they just don't have the security required for the top end charms except for in a very few locations and even those are not staffed well enough.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Assuming they will do Disney charms, that would be like saying the Dooney and Bourke line is a money grab, Disney cases for iphones are money grabs, Disney themed Nike golf shirts are grabs. As long as it's Disney related, going in a park is fine. Otherwise it should stay in Disney Springs. It's almost like Disney is not allowed to partner with anyone or make extra money.
You just don't understand that every penny Disney tries to make is money grabbingly unethical. Every move they make to maintain a certain level of profit is met with complaints of greed. I was just simply trying to save the forum members who scream this constantly the wear and tear on their fingers and keyboards.

cw1982

I don't get the whole Pandora thing people pay hundreds of dollars for bracelets that look like they should cost 5 bucks, but I guess if that's what people want it's great.

I can't speak for everyone, but my charms are all sentimental. DH picked out every one of them, they're all in a matching color scheme, and they all represent significant occasions. That bracelet would cost well over a thousand dollars if it was all purchased at once, but buying the charms two or three at a time made them more affordable. It's not like they cost more because we spread out the cost, since there was no financing involved, but the bracelet really is lovely, unique, and special to me. I'll post a picture tomorrow if I remember, but I can assure that bracelet does not look like it should cost five bucks.

ninjaprincesst

I can't speak for everyone, but my charms are all sentimental. DH picked out every one of them, they're all in a matching color scheme, and they all represent significant occasions. That bracelet would cost well over a thousand dollars if it was all purchased at once, but buying the charms two or three at a time made them more affordable. It's not like they cost more because we spread out the cost, since there was no financing involved, but the bracelet really is lovely, unique, and special to me. I'll post a picture tomorrow if I remember, but I can assure that bracelet does not look like it should cost five bucks.
Like I said apparently people like them,I personally think they look super cheap and just can not fathom that people pay hundreds of dollars for them when they have the exact same thing at Kohls for ten or 15 bucks. personally I think if I'm going to spend over a thousand dollars on jewelry I'm getting gold and diamonds that looks like it cost what I paid for it. My Mom has one she loves and I shudder to think what my Dad has paid for all those charms, but to me It looks cheap. I have even been given a bracelet with a karate charm for getting my black belt , I just am having a really hard time trying to force myself to spend that kind of money on more charms so I could actually wear it.

Matt_Black

You just don't understand that every penny Disney tries to make is money grabbingly unethical. Every move they make to maintain a certain level of profit is met with complaints of greed. I was just simply trying to save the forum members who scream this constantly the wear and tear on their fingers and keyboards.

And that makes them different from other large corporations HOW? Heck, Comcast has some ridiculously evil plays in their playbook as far as the cable business goes.

Disneyhead'71

Being a doom and gloomer who hates everything Disney does I have to say........good move TDO. While Pandora's trinkets aren't everyone's cup up tea, they are higher quality than a lot of the stuff WDW currently sells. And seeing that one of our complaints is low quality merchandise this seems a step in the right direction. And to get sponsorship for Wishes, well score!

BTW, charm bracelets aren't about style, they are about nostalgia. Each charm means something to the owner. So I think they are pretty much a perfect match for Disney. And if played right could be the next pin craze.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom