Pandora Jewelry coming to Walt Disney World with products and sponsorship of Wishes

flyerjab

I thought they were jumping the gun and announcing Avatarland moichendising already when reading the thread title.

I thought the exact same thing.

I did watch Avatar over the weekend, and hearing this news, there are some pretty crazy jewelry designs that they could sell for that IP.

And yet another money grab. :cautious:

Assuming they will do Disney charms, that would be like saying the Dooney and Bourke line is a money grab, Disney cases for iphones are money grabs, Disney themed Nike golf shirts are grabs. As long as it's Disney related, going in a park is fine. Otherwise it should stay in Disney Springs. It's almost like Disney is not allowed to partner with anyone or make extra money.

note2001

I don't really get the craze of Pandora's overpriced little charms. But that's probably just me.

Ditto. However, I have been known to be suckered into buying the occasional Disney pin and Hallmark ornament, so the game's on Disney... let's see who grabs a hold of the money in my wallet this year. Providing I can tune out the cries of my daughter betting I win and keep it :D

Last edited:

janoimagine

I don't really get the craze of Pandora's overpriced little charms. But that's probably just me.
Your not alone ... it's a joke in the jewelry world ... nothing more than 'Trash for Cash' ... overpriced trinkets that have been pushed on the public by at best mid-level jewelry stores. Whatever agency is turing out those terrible spots or whatever client level marketing exec who is approving them should seek other employment.

janoimagine

They sell solid silver or solid gold charms...not plated...so they are in line with current prices of these metals. That being said, I would never pay those prices. ;)
I don't think they are in line with current prices of precious metals ... they are quite inflated ... average charm weighs about 5 grams ... some more ... current price of silver is $.65 / gram ... and that 5 gram silver charm sells for?

Roughly $28.00.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I don't think they are in line with current prices of precious metals ... they are quite inflated ... average charm weighs about 5 grams ... some more ... current price of silver is $.65 / gram ... and that 5 gram silver charm sells for?

Roughly $28.00.

Well the charm isn't just a chunk of metal. There is some design that goes into it. Are these prices any different than other jewelry that is silver or gold? It is all inflated to a certain extend.

I am more interested in this because, as someone mentioned before, Chamilia currently makes Disney charms, which is a competitor of Pandora.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom