1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Pandora Dining?

Discussion in 'WDW Restaurants and Dining' started by NiarrNDisney, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Bairstow

Bairstow Well-Known Member

Can you even imagine how much fun Imagineering could have with a place like that, decorating the walls with little bits of backstory, like sinister-looking RDA motivational posters half-torn off the walls, little notes and such from field researchers on the bulletin boards, and long-forgotten taped-up flyers and other ephemera peering into the lives of the private military contractors who used to live there and the researchers who live there now?
    I consider Restaurantasaurus to be something of a neglected masterpiece of storytelling through scenic design, and given enough time, a team working on this project could top it.

[​IMG]

Cmdr_Crimson, afar28 and NiarrNDisney like this.
  2. NiarrNDisney

NiarrNDisney Well-Known Member Original Poster

Ehhh I can't say I like it! It seems like it will be cold and honestly kind of reminds me of DHS Backlot Express. Don't get me wrong BlE has great food and I do enjoy some of the props but its overall environment is kind of drab and dirty. Hopefully the menu is good!

ItlngrlBella and SamN'Dean like this.
  3. zooey

zooey Well-Known Member

But aren't we humans in this world? The guest isn't a Navi, so I don't know if that will be the angle or not. I can see a restaurant being set up in an old military mess hall or something like that. I don't know if they will try to go exotic with the food or not.

ItlngrlBella likes this.
  4. NiarrNDisney

BTW where are you seeing "burrito ish items" or stews anywhere on that wiki list?
    All I saw was "food wraps" and "shish kabobs"!

5. networkpro

networkpro Well-Known Member

I said I'd drop the conversation, but as you are determined to push your middle eastern menu into a space that deserves it's own "blue milk"..

Not familiar with burritos ? They are a mixture of various ingredients wrapped in a tortilla. Contents vary based on the type. You could also call a gyro a food wrap.

Teylu are grubs and only look like shrimp so where's the bugs on a stick on your menu ?

6. NiarrNDisney

Yes you did mention that you were going to drop it. However comma I did not! I am simply asking you to clarify where you found your information since its clear that you did not read the wiki page considering that you asked why I picked shrimp in loo of grubs since it stated that Taylu are much like shrimp.

By no means am I determined to push my menu! As I explained in my original post this thread was a place where everyone was free to comment on and imagine their own menus for a TS or CS restaurant. Though its clear to me that my imagined menu is offensive to you and by no means do you want to have anything to do with it. Be my guest and hate but please do so elsewhere as I am no longer interested in your rude, trolling behavior and from here on out am choosing to ignore you. Good day!

7. Fox&Hound

Fox&Hound Well-Known Member

I wonder if the sequel will address some dining options or food/drink items. Two aspects missing from the original Avatar that are needed for a theme park experience: signature food/drink items and some merchandise material: gadgets/tools (like the light saber is for SW) or some kind of furry mascot/animal sidekick. I feel like there really aren't a lot of options to pull from the first movie so maybe the sequels will address this.

On a side note, I hope the new Pixar area comes with some signature dining/drinks. Maybe Flo's at some point?!?

ItlngrlBella and NonnaT like this.
  8. Cmdr_Crimson

Cmdr_Crimson Well-Known Member

Anytime I'm there I seem to hear Grazin in the grass once I enter and when I hear it on the radio it takes me back..

And I agree there's so much storytelling in the restauraunt alone..My favorite is the newspaper clippings, notes and other things including articles about the CTX Timerover..[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    NonnaT, tribbleorlfl and NiarrNDisney like this.
  9. NonnaT

NonnaT Well-Known Member

Great thread! Following just for fun!

NiarrNDisney likes this.
  10. SamN'Dean

SamN'Dean Member

I can't help but be curious- what is this "bean hugger outpost" you refer to?

11. SamN'Dean

SamN'Dean Member

UGH, that looks awful! I would not want to eat there.

ItlngrlBella likes this.
  12. NiarrNDisney

I believe they are referring to either the Gardens Kiosk on Discovery Island or Mr.Kamal's in Asia which both offer Vegetarian/Vegan friendly options. However both are limited and I would not consider them much of anything for those of us who have these select diets that are looking for a more wide range of options.

networkpro and SamN'Dean like this.
  13. networkpro

I was referring to their hummus-centric menus. (garbonzo, gram and sometimes erroneously chickpea...peas have more sugars ... beans more fiber).

14. ItlngrlBella

ItlngrlBella Well-Known Member

I pray the themed dining isn't inside institutional hanger with institutional themed food/MRE's - that would be the lazy way to do it for sure. Pass!

NiarrNDisney likes this.
  15. tribbleorlfl

tribbleorlfl Well-Known Member

Uh...you do know garbanzo beans = chickpeas, right?

16. networkpro

I was hoping that you would have grasped that fact by inference or even context, but you've dashed that hope.

17. NiarrNDisney

BUMP

We are only a short time away from the opening of Disney Animal Kingdoms new land and I am curious has there been an news or rumors of restaurants and menus?

18. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Well-Known Member

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/satuli-canteen/

[​IMG]

Discover healthful dishes and familiar flavors from another world—wholesome grains, fresh vegetables and hearty proteins.

Between your aerial adventures on Avatar Flight of Passage and family-friendly voyages aboard Na’vi River Journey, tuck inside the Quonset-hut structure called Satu’li Canteen—long ago an RDA mess hall, now a peaceful dining facility adorned with Na’vi art and cultural items.

Owned and operated by Alpha Centauri Expeditions (ACE), Satu’li Canteen supplies travelers all the comforts of home—courtesy of a unique, fast-casual menu that’s been crafted from Pandora’s natural abundance.

Featuring international-inspired cuisine, vegetarian options and specialty libations, it’s the perfect place to refuel as you venture through the Valley of Mo’ara.

19. NiarrNDisney

Thank you for posting this!

I'm a bit surprised that my imagined menu matches their concept a little.

20. yedliW

yedliW Well-Known Member

I'm eagerly watching for reservations to open for this place.. I'm not exactly sure what this dish is, but it looks good and I am probably going to order it when we eat there when we are down there in September..