Pandora Dining?

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
Well now that the D23 Expo has created a huge to do on WDW's future by releasing information, confirmed some rumors, and stirred the pot of speculation!

What do you think the dining experiences are going to be like in Pandora?

How is the Mouse going to create menus for this new land in DAK?

We have got a small sneak peek on a few of the items envisioned for the Star Wars Land with the Rebel Hangar but I personally can't really grasp what they could do with the menus!

Exactly what do Na'Vi eat? Is their diet primarily vegetarian? Do they plan on serving us bugs? :hungover:

Thought's?!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
image.jpg

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
Wondering if they will get creative with certain edible compounds and mold them into "new foods" and get a little artistic with molds, edible airbrush paint? I've seen pics of Tokyo Disneyland doing some cool stuff with mochi and food art. View attachment 107212View attachment 107213View attachment 107214View attachment 107215

I would love to see some sort of Molecular Gastronomy dining experience though I am not sure many guest would get it or like it for that matter.
I have always wanted to go to one of Jose Andres restaurants and enjoy one of his multiple course dinners. He's considered one of the fore fathers of the cooking style and easily one of my favorite celebrity chefs.
I can't see Disney using all of the different types of cooking techniques used in the craft but trying a few here and there to make some variety and new creative foods would certainly be interesting!

HouCuseChickie

I would love to see some sort of Molecular Gastronomy dining experience though I am not sure many guest would get it or like it for that matter.
I have always wanted to go to one of Jose Andres restaurants and enjoy one of his multiple course dinners. He's considered one of the fore fathers of the cooking style and easily one of my favorite celebrity chefs.
I can't see Disney using all of the different types of cooking techniques used in the craft but trying a few here and there to make some variety and new creative foods would certainly be interesting!

Funny...I was also thinking Molecular Gastronomy, but wondering if Disney would go for some of the media appeal of someone like Wylie Dufresne. He seems to be featured on a number of popular cooking shows, so they might lean more for the average public familiarity if they were to go that route. Still, that's a big if since it seems a bit too out of the norm for a TS inside one of the parks.

Beyond that, a vegetarian concept might be interesting.

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster

Well it seems that the Na'Vi eat very healthy balancing their diets with lots of fruit, grains, seeds, and vegetables with a little meat.

From what I can gather from the menu I can see something like this being offered at a CS restaurant:

Snacks - Edamame
Flat Breads and dips (Similar to Sanaa Bread Service or Victoria Falls)
Lettuce Wraps (Chicken, Shrimp or Tofu)
Shio Peppers
Veggies and Hummus

Sides - Corn and bean salad (Similar to what is served with many Vegetarian meals)
Kale Chips
Lentil Salad (Similar to Tangierine Café)
Pickled Veggies (Similar to Tangierine Café)
Quinoa and Couscous salad
Spinach salad
Tabouleh salad
Yucca fries

Entrees - Chicken Kabobs w/ choice of sides
Fish of the day w/ choice of sides
Fresh Greens Salad (Made to order choice of Chicken, Shrimp or tofu) w/ Flat bread & dip
Pork Kabobs w/ choice of sides
Pork tenderloin medallion's w/ choice of sides
Shrimp Kabobs w/ choice of sides
Wild Mushroom Soup w/ Flat bread & dip

Deserts - Banana tapioca pudding
Flax seed Carrot Cake
Fruit salad
Oatmeal and Chia seed cookies
Yogurt w/ granola and berries

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Well it seems that the Na'Vi eat very healthy balancing their diets with lots of fruit, grains, seeds, and vegetables with a little meat.

Considering the Na'vi have pronounced canines, carry all the accoutrements of hunter gathering societies (knives, spears, bows with arrows) instead of all flat grinding molars I'd suggest that they are omnivorous and ate what was needed to sustain themselves, namely protein and energy rich foodstuffs. Most hunter-gatherer foodstuffs are not homogenized and part of modern industrial society diets... not many organ meats, entrails, or insects. Crafting equivalents to fit a menu that would also be palatable to the average guest I dare say would be light on quinoa and kale as there are not many guest that follow fad diets. Little Johnny and Suzy will be clamoring for chicken nuggets, hot dogs, un-crustables, and fries.

Theres a bean hugger outpost already in AK that doesnt get much traffic already, no need to re-create a three armed mickey.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Little Johnny and Suzy will be clamoring for chicken nuggets, hot dogs, un-crustables, and fries.

Theres a bean hugger outpost already in AK that doesnt get much traffic already, no need to re-create a three armed mickey.
What the hell are you talking about? Obviously they're going to have a kids' menu that will offer those things. That has nothing to do with what the adult options will look like.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
What the hell are you talking about? Obviously they're going to have a kids' menu that will offer those things. That has nothing to do with what the adult options will look like.

Kabobs galore? Didn't see a single kabob in the film, yet the suggested menu is middle eastern/ central Asian in composition. Unique themed Pandoran food stuffs is what the area needs for immersion.

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
Kabobs galore? Didn't see a single kabob in the film, yet the suggested menu is middle eastern/ central Asian in composition. Unique themed Pandoran food stuffs is what the area needs for immersion.

If you read the wiki page that someone posted you will see that there is a list of the kinds of foods and preparations the Na'Vi use which is what gave me the information to create my imagined menu. It listed that the Na'Vi tend to roast meats on sticks much like Kabobs and that they have a diet high in fruit, fungus, seeds, and vegetables. So I took their diet and adapted it to those of indigenous tribes that still are found on islands and plains in rainforest and savannahs around the world. I found that many of their ingredients matched things like Casava a root which can be turned into flour for baking unleavened breads as well as making tapioca, there were many seeds used in baking or eaten which reminded me of Chia and Flax seed. Leaves much like Kale and Spinach. Starches like Palm (Hearts of Palm) and Taro root. I added Quinoa and Cous Cous to fill out a meal. I noticed they had some fruit and vegetables that I tried to compare to what we have and their meats I attempted to understand. I found that outside of hunting and fishing they also kept livestock so I went with pork and chicken. As for what they hunted and fished for it described something much like shrimp. The game meat tossed me through a loop so I choose not to go there especially since Disney doesn't tend to serve much exotic meat on CS menus also it talked about a large scary fish but figured it would be better to go with something most people are used to like Halibut, Salmon or Tuna for catch of the day. Do you understand where I was going now.

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Na'vi_Diet

Food wraps (burrito ish items) and stews I see as only the jungle inhabitants have been exposed. Diets and climates are not uniform across a globe.

I honestly don't know where you are going! So I'm am just going to leave it as I made an imagined menu for a possible restaurant. If you go back to my original post you will see that this was an open question left to imagination and possibilities! Therefore you are welcome to dream up your own concept whatever it is hence the thread!

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I honestly don't know where you are going! So I'm am just going to leave it as I made an imagined menu for a possible restaurant. If you go back to my original post you will see that this was an open question left to imagination and possibilities! Therefore you are welcome to dream up your own concept whatever it is hence the thread!

I appreciate the effort and will let it drop as well.

tribbleorlfl

I would think it would be based on the military side and be like a mess hall
Yeah, I was always under the assumption the QS would be in the former outpost's "Hell's Kitchen" commissary, which was confirmed at D23.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/theme-world-extreme-park-makeovers/34724138

PRESENTavatar-13.JPG

latest

As such, I expect the menu to be cafeteria-style, "mess hall grub" with stews, casseroles, that sort of thing. Think anything you'd find in a typical institutional setting. In the above picture, I see fruit cups, eggs, toast, ketchup, that sort of thing, so I doubt we're going to get Nav'vi cusine, though it's possible they throw in an exotic ingredient and call it a Pandoran fruit.

Another possibility could be since this is the remnants of the Hell's Gate complex and RDA has been kicked out in favor of a welcome center, the infrastructure might not be there to support a fully-operational dining hall. As such, could we get some sort of futuristic MRE? Menu itsef would probably be similar to a normal mess hall situation, it could just be packaged in a bag of some sort instead of a tray like in the picture above.

All I know is SOS better be on the menu.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom