Trip Report Our Wonder-ful October 2014 cruise and Magic Kingdom day

Hi all! We are back.:( But we had an incredible time and I can't wait to share it with you all!

First up, introductions! This was a kid free trip with just myself, Amy, and my husband, Brian. We were on a 5 night Castaway Cay double dip cruise on the Wonder starting October 1, followed by one day in the Magic Kingdom before flying home.
Here we are in DHS during my 40th birthday trip last November.

Wednesday, October 1
Our day started way too early when the alarm went off at 3:15 am! The fact we were going to Disney made it a little bit easier to get out of bed, but not much!! We were pulling out of our driveway by 4:25 am to make the drive to Columbus to catch our 7 am flight. We boarded our flight and pulled away from the gate right at 7 am. It was still dark on the ground, but once we were in the air we could see the sun rising.

The flight was uneventful, and before we knew it, we were on the ground in Orlando. I took a quick break to change from jeans to shorts, then we took our first ride of the trip!

Ok, so it wasn't a very exciting ride, but the kids always consider it the first ride!!
We quickly made our way to this sign:

And followed the signs until we found this one:

There was no line, so they checked us in and sent us right out to the waiting bus. It was pretty full, but we found a seat about 1/3 of the way back. Unfortunately, it had one of the "stickers" covering most of the window which made it hard to get good pictures! Our bus and the one right next to it pulled out very shortly after we boarded, which was about 9:30 am. I was able to get this pic of the other bus as it was pulling out.

It seemed like no time at all before the driver was telling us to look out the windows to see the Wonder. There she is:

I may have been bouncing in my seat like a little kid at that point!:oops:
Here is a picture of the terminal as we were pulling in:

I just love the seat fabric on the bus.

mrdrift

I have caught up to the report. The end of the cruise was spectacular. The trip through Magic kingdom was way coll with some really fantastic pictures. Thanks for sharing your family's awesome trip with all of us.

HouCuseChickie

So, I'm sitting here thinking "how the heck did I miss this trip report???" And then I'm like, OK yeah...I was pretty much living at work while you were posting. It looks like it was an AWESOME trip!!! Really making me rethink the whole DCL thing for the fam...or maybe even just me and DH. It's funny- not in the ha ha way -that you brought up the bathrooms at the Contemporary. I never really have thought about it when we've stayed there, but I did really appreciate my big long counter in my room at the Poly. Hmmmm...things to think about. All in all- great trip report :)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
So, I'm sitting here thinking "how the heck did I miss this trip report???" And then I'm like, OK yeah...I was pretty much living at work while you were posting. It looks like it was an AWESOME trip!!! Really making me rethink the whole DCL thing for the fam...or maybe even just me and DH. It's funny- not in the ha ha way -that you brought up the bathrooms at the Contemporary. I never really have thought about it when we've stayed there, but I did really appreciate my big long counter in my room at the Poly. Hmmmm...things to think about. All in all- great trip report :)
Thanks! I hate when work gets in the way of the important things in life!:D I am definitely hooked on cruising now, and the kids keep asking when we will get to go on the Dream again!

Pooh'sBuddy

I am SO enjoying your TR and will have to pick it up soon. Thank you for sharing! I will have to get logged on with the television to show the whole fam and show them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom