Trip Report Our Wonder-ful October 2014 cruise and Magic Kingdom day

Hi all! We are back.:( But we had an incredible time and I can't wait to share it with you all!

First up, introductions! This was a kid free trip with just myself, Amy, and my husband, Brian. We were on a 5 night Castaway Cay double dip cruise on the Wonder starting October 1, followed by one day in the Magic Kingdom before flying home.
Here we are in DHS during my 40th birthday trip last November.

Wednesday, October 1
Our day started way too early when the alarm went off at 3:15 am! The fact we were going to Disney made it a little bit easier to get out of bed, but not much!! We were pulling out of our driveway by 4:25 am to make the drive to Columbus to catch our 7 am flight. We boarded our flight and pulled away from the gate right at 7 am. It was still dark on the ground, but once we were in the air we could see the sun rising.

The flight was uneventful, and before we knew it, we were on the ground in Orlando. I took a quick break to change from jeans to shorts, then we took our first ride of the trip!

Ok, so it wasn't a very exciting ride, but the kids always consider it the first ride!!
We quickly made our way to this sign:

And followed the signs until we found this one:

There was no line, so they checked us in and sent us right out to the waiting bus. It was pretty full, but we found a seat about 1/3 of the way back. Unfortunately, it had one of the "stickers" covering most of the window which made it hard to get good pictures! Our bus and the one right next to it pulled out very shortly after we boarded, which was about 9:30 am. I was able to get this pic of the other bus as it was pulling out.

It seemed like no time at all before the driver was telling us to look out the windows to see the Wonder. There she is:

I may have been bouncing in my seat like a little kid at that point!:oops:
Here is a picture of the terminal as we were pulling in:

I just love the seat fabric on the bus.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We, okay I, ultimately decided to ride It's a Small World. The wait time said 20 minutes, but it was actually about 7-8 minutes.

I took this pic right before we entered the queue. I was amazed at the number of people!! I knew it would be busy as it was a Monday with no MNSSHP, but I never dreamed it would be like it was!

We headed over to redeem our Space Mountain FP+, only to find out that it was down and we had a floating FP+.

So we decided to go use our bonus FP on BTM, and stop at the FP+ kiosk on the way through Fantasyland to see what was available.

I was hoping we would be able to get Peter Pan, but they were all gone, so we ended up with Buzz Lightyear. We then apparently took the long way around the castle to get to BTM.

I absolutely love riding at night!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We made our way through Fantasyland, New Fantasyland, and Storybook Circus on our way to ride Buzz Lightyear.

I really don't like this ride! I am horrible and never have fun on it! This time it even made me sick.:hungover: We entered the first area where they have the lights going to make it feel like you are in a long tunnel or something, and our car stopped. I felt so carsick, it wasn't even funny. I had to just close my eyes and have Brian tell me when we were out of that section.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Space was finally open, so we went to redeem our FP+, just like everyone else that had an earlier one!! Fortunately, the line moved quickly.

We headed toward New Fantasyland to catch Wishes. It was neat to see it from this perspective, but I think we will stick to the normal view from Main Street from now on. I didn't even try to get any pics of Wishes this trip, we were too busy taking it all in!
I had really wanted to stay until park close to see the Kiss Goodnight, but they kept extending the hours and we were exhausted from our early start, so we decided to head back to the room.

We stepped out onto the balcony to enjoy our view for a few minutes before turning in.

Tuesday, Oct. 7
We had an 8:20 am pick up time for DME, so we were up early again. We enjoyed our view one last time.
IMG_1547.JPG

IMG_1548.JPG

Then we visited the Resort Airline Check in counter. I was a little disconcerted by the interaction we had with the employees there. I'm not sure if they were Disney or airline employees, but we were a little worried about our luggage! It all turned out okay and they all showed up in Columbus at the same time we did!
I was still craving a Mickey waffle since the ones on the cruise just didn't do it for me, so we headed up to Contempo Cafe to get one.
IMG_1549.JPG

It was DELICIOUS!!!
Brian ordered some sort of breakfast sandwich.
IMG_1550.JPG

Then it was time to catch DME.:(
The trip to the airport was stressful! Our flight left at 11:05, so I thought the 8:20 pick up was later than they usually schedule, but then we had to go to 2 more resorts to get people!:eek: Everyone seemed to be on their own time schedule that had nothing to do with their actual pick up time, because several times we were getting ready to pull away when someone else would walk up, and people were expecting us to wait while they did their airline check in. Luckily, security was basically empty and we were able to fly through it! We only had about 10 minutes before we started lining up for boarding once we got to our gate. My type A personality was causing me to have a heart attack that we were cutting it so close!! Our flight ended up being very stressful as well!:banghead: We ran into a lot of turbulence, and the pilot wouldn't let the flight attendants get up, so we had no drinks or snacks until the flight was almost over. Just as they finally handed me my drink, they made an announcement that we needed to be finishing up with our drinks and preparing our trash for the final collection by the flight attendants.:eek: We touched down in Columbus to a cold rain. Our drive home to Dayton was uneventful and we were thrilled to see the kids!
I really hate that I have no idea when we will be returning to WDW.:( A lot will depend on Brian's new job and when he will have any vacation time available. You all will be the first to know when we are able to return!!:D

Thank you all for reading along with me! I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it and reliving it!

Zipadeelady

Thanks so much for sharing! My husband and I also went on a non MNSSHP night in September and I couldn't believe how busy it was. But oh it was glorious :inlove: Wish i could be there again soon but we also won't be going back for quite a few years. :(

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Thanks so much for sharing! My husband and I also went on a non MNSSHP night in September and I couldn't believe how busy it was. But oh it was glorious :inlove: Wish i could be there again soon but we also won't be going back for quite a few years. :(
Thanks for sticking with me! Hope we are both able to get back sometime relatively soon!!

CinderMama

Beautiful pictures! Thanks so much for sharing your vacation! I'm dying to try a DCL cruise, but your MK pictures really have me longing for another trip to the WDW. Here's hoping we both are able to return in the near future!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Beautiful pictures! Thanks so much for sharing your vacation! I'm dying to try a DCL cruise, but your MK pictures really have me longing for another trip to the WDW. Here's hoping we both are able to return in the near future!
Thanks! You really should try a cruise!! Definitely hope we both can return sooner rather than later!!

Disneyfalcon

Can I just say that I love how many pictures you take. It's awesome!
I also love the idea of hot chocolate on the verandah every night. I need to do that.
Wait. You mean to tell us that the new one day Memory Maker wasn't easy to do? A brand new thing wasn't seamless? So hard to believe, lol!
I'm very glad they figured it out though because the Memory Maker pics are so fun! Especially the sill one. :)
Loved it all! Again, I'm so glad Brian enjoyed it and got to go this time!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Can I just say that I love how many pictures you take. It's awesome!
I also love the idea of hot chocolate on the verandah every night. I need to do that.
Wait. You mean to tell us that the new one day Memory Maker wasn't easy to do? A brand new thing wasn't seamless? So hard to believe, lol!
I'm very glad they figured it out though because the Memory Maker pics are so fun! Especially the sill one. :)
Loved it all! Again, I'm so glad Brian enjoyed it and got to go this time!
I'm glad somebody appreciates all of my pictures! I heard nonstop about the amount of pictures I was taking!!
The hot chocolate was a great way for us non-alcoholic beverage drinkers to unwind at the end of the day!
I was quite surprised by how quickly we got out of Guest Relations, so I should have figured it couldn't be that easy!
I was very relieved that Brian really enjoyed himself and is willing to go on another cruise with us in the future.
Thank you so much for helping me get this booking all straightened out in June!

Dumbo2675

I really enjoy reading your trip report and looking at the great photo's. I am glad you both had a great time. Our family trip was great as well (10-8,10-12) but that week was very warm and humid and Magic Kingdom on Saturday nite for the Extra Magic Hours was way to crowded.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I really enjoy reading your trip report and looking at the great photo's. I am glad you both had a great time. Our family trip was great as well (10-8,10-12) but that week was very warm and humid and Magic Kingdom on Saturday nite for the Extra Magic Hours was way to crowded.
Thanks you! I'm glad you guys had a great trip also!

DisneyMorgan

Finally all caught up! :D
Loved all of your pictures!! I also thought the Mine Train video was cute! I was wondering what it would be like when I first heard about it.
Bummed you didn't get to stay for the FoF parade :(
Oh my goodness, totally agree with you on the DME stress getting back to the airport! Our last trip in 2012 we got to the airport about an hour before our flight, security was INSANE. I was so afraid we would miss our flight!! Luckily we made it through and were able to grab lunch really quick! I think by the time we made it to our gate we had like 10 minutes until boarding!! :banghead:
Bummed you don't know when your next trip will be. Hopefully sooner than later!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Finally all caught up! :D
Loved all of your pictures!! I also thought the Mine Train video was cute! I was wondering what it would be like when I first heard about it.
Bummed you didn't get to stay for the FoF parade :(
Oh my goodness, totally agree with you on the DME stress getting back to the airport! Our last trip in 2012 we got to the airport about an hour before our flight, security was INSANE. I was so afraid we would miss our flight!! Luckily we made it through and were able to grab lunch really quick! I think by the time we made it to our gate we had like 10 minutes until boarding!! :banghead:
Bummed you don't know when your next trip will be. Hopefully sooner than later!
Thanks for reading along! I am definitely doing everything in my power to make our next trip happen as soon as possible!! Hope you guys have a great trip next year!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom