News Oogie Boogie Bash 2023

BuddyThomas

This is the mob, I mean line to get into Oogie Boogie Bash right now, and the park is already mobbed beyond belief. We had to leave two hours before we planned to because it was so crowded you could not even move. I have never been so glad that I was unable to get a ticket for something before.

F2CEB12B-86E8-479A-84FE-76C0F6AD92AC.jpeg
7B009184-1DFA-48C6-9036-51DCDAC07E89.jpeg
7BC6C8F6-C516-49B6-8013-8F88B81B524B.jpeg
2BA679D8-67FE-46D1-AC77-6711282BB229.jpeg

PiratesMansion

This is the mob, I mean line to get into Oogie Boogie Bash right now, and the park is already mobbed beyond belief. We had to leave two hours before we planned to because it was so crowded you could not even move. I have never been so glad that I was unable to get a ticket for something before.

View attachment 744774View attachment 744775View attachment 744776View attachment 744777
That's crazy. Part of me would like to put SOME blame on these people for not showing up at 3 (when I believe event ticket holders can enter DCA), but I suppose you never know with Disneyland Resort and its fans, and perhaps the wait to get in was just as bad then. Perhaps there was truly no way to avoid the madness in this scenario.

That's why I ALWAYS spring for whatever sort of early access is offered for Halloween events-Boofets, Stay n Scream, Early Entry, just showing up super early if there isn't an upcharge or park closure before the event proper starts, etc, because in addition to being closer to everything when the event begins, there is a 100% chance that my experience will be better (or at least, more pleasant) than people who have to wait crowded like sardines for a long time just to get in when the event officially begins.

BuddyThomas

That's crazy. Part of me would like to put SOME blame on these people for not showing up at 3 (when I believe event ticket holders can enter DCA), but I suppose you never know with Disneyland Resort and its fans, and perhaps the wait to get in was just as bad then. Perhaps there was truly no way to avoid the madness in this scenario.

That's why I ALWAYS spring for whatever sort of early access is offered for Halloween events-Boofets, Stay n Scream, Early Entry, just showing up super early if there isn't an upcharge or park closure before the event proper starts, etc, because in addition to being closer to everything when the event begins, there is a 100% chance that my experience will be better (or at least, more pleasant) than people who have to wait crowded like sardines for a long time just to get in when the event officially begins.
The Oogie Boogie people started flowing in at 3. Before that, the park was already a complete zoo, and after that, it was impossible to even walk, and forget getting on a ride. We left around 4. On our way to Knott’s Scary Farm with front of line passes right now.

PiratesMansion

Just out of curiosity-if I visit DCA during a non-party night, is the lighting still basically the same as it is during OBB? Or is it lit like a normal evening during non-party nights?

PiratesMansion

To answer my own questions now that I'm on the other side of this, in case others might be wondering the same things I was and already thinking about next year:

1.) You still get Halloween lighting and soundtracks on BVS and Cars Land even when it's not OBB.
2.) Monsters After Dark switches over at 3 and runs EVERY DAY-not just party days.
3.) Because Mission Breakout and Monsters After Dark are considered different rides from Disney's perspective, you can get Genie+ for both attractions on the same day (though if you're going to DCA on an OBB day, you only have a three hour window to get that particular Genie return time). Monsters After Dark will begin distributing Genie+ once MB Genie distribution passes 3 PM.

(Side note: one nice side effect of MAD being a thing-and thus making the ride more popular than normal-is that Guardians was ALWAYS running all six load platforms. None of this "we'll randomly close some of the load areas for cost savings and funzies!11" that I'm used to in the summer. So that was definitely a perk I appreciated.)

So I would read up on OBB and really decide if the things being hyped (i.e. characters, candy trails, the parade, etc) are worth it for you. If you just want to do MAD and get ~Halloween Vibes~ from DCA, you can easily do that on a normal operating day.

Last edited:

SoFloMagic

To answer my own questions now that I'm on the other side of this, in case others might be wondering the same things I was and already thinking about next year:

1.) You still get Halloween lighting and soundtracks on BVS and Cars Land even when it's not OBB.
2.) Monsters After Dark switches over at 3 and runs EVERY DAY-not just party days.
3.) Because Mission Breakout and Monsters After Dark are considered different rides from Disney's perspective, you can get Genie+ for both attractions on the same day (though if you're going to DCA on an OBB day, you only have a three hour window to get that particular Genie). Monsters After Dark will begin distributing Genie+ once MB passes 3 PM.

(Side note: one nice side effect of MAD being a thing-and thus making the ride more popular than normal-is that Guardians was ALWAYS running all six load platforms. None of this "we'll randomly close some of the load areas for cost savings and funzies!11" that I'm used to in the summer. So that was definitely a perk I appreciated.)

So I would read up on OBB and really decide if the things being hyped (i.e. characters, candy trails, the parade, etc) are worth it for you. If you just want to do MAD and get ~Halloween Vibes~ from DCA, you can easily do that on a normal operating day.
Yeah. It's essentially candy, characters, parade, low crowds (especially after the first parade)

Professortango1

Yeah, I'd say that they should add mazes based off the Villains, but given that they sell out immediately by offering nothing more than candy and meet and greets, I guess there's no reason to appeal to people over 10.

Californian Elitist

3.) Because Mission Breakout and Monsters After Dark are considered different rides from Disney's perspective, you can get Genie+ for both attractions on the same day (though if you're going to DCA on an OBB day, you only have a three hour window to get that particular Genie). Monsters After Dark will begin distributing Genie+ once MB passes 3 PM.

These are some of the reasons I don’t have much of a desire to do OBB. There’s so much you can do for the season at the park(s) at no extra charge. And I’m not really into meeting characters. I don’t think I’ve ever willingly walked in a line for a character out of my own desire to meet said character. It’s always been because someone in my party wanted to.

SoFloMagic

These are some of the reasons I don’t have much of a desire to do OBB. There’s so much you can do for the season at the park(s) at no extra charge. And I’m not really into meeting characters. I don’t think I’ve ever willingly walked in a line for a character out of my own desire to meet said character. It’s always been because someone in my party wanted to.
I think it's fun just for the vibe of the park - but only if you're doing it instead of a park day. It's about the same price as a park day. You can get any rides in that you want (you have 8 hours including early arrival) and get snacks (chips, fruit, pretzels) in the character lines. It's a fun environment and pretty cool. It's not just for the Instagram/characters crowd!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom