News Oogie Boogie Bash 2023

Figments Friend

Judge Doom is just AWESOME!
Once again, Disneyland delivers!

Very glad to see they DO have fog and ‘Dip dribble’ after all during the poor shoes’ execution.
Looks great….and I love how the audience reacts when Doom lift up the shoe from the case!
Just great….

-

waltography

Event bags are advertising Wish (which I'm beyond excited for; I have a really good feeling about it):

Lotso is officially a M&G this year. I guess I prefer this since Sid is such an entertaining speaking villain anyway.

Did we get any confirmation on what the giant Hocus Pocus book is for?

No clue unfortunately, but based on the event map it appears that it's a photo op (icon next to Golden Zephyr):

Disney Analyst

Event bags are advertising Wish (which I'm beyond excited for; I have a really good feeling about it):

Lotso is officially a M&G this year. I guess I prefer this since Sid is such an entertaining speaking villain anyway.

No clue unfortunately, but based on the event map it appears that it's a photo op (icon next to Golden Zephyr):

Yeah a photo spot.

SSG

If Disney is going with scarier characters and effects, I want to see this added to OBB.

Face Melt GIF - Raiders Of The Lost Ark Face Melt Bloody GIFs

BuddyThomas

Dammit - I know I have brought this up before, but I am getting so jealous of this, Does anyone have any actual experience or knowledge that if I am staying on Disney property (in this case, Disneyland Hotel), they might have Oogie Boogie tickets available day of? Otherwise, I am just going to spring for Knottsberry Scare instead. Thanks in advance.

SSG

Dammit - I know I have brought this up before, but I am getting so jealous of this, Does anyone have any actual experience or knowledge that if I am staying on Disney property (in this case, Disneyland Hotel), they might have Oogie Boogie tickets available day of? Otherwise, I am just going to spring for Knottsberry Scare instead. Thanks in advance.
No knowledge other than some of the Disney blogs have said that in past years some tickets (not many) were made available at the hotels or via walk-up at the ticket booth. Needless to say, this would be extremely hit and miss and requiring a good slice of luck to obtain. I wouldn't want to book a Disney hotel for the small chance of getting a ticket, but of course it's your holiday and your prerogative.

BuddyThomas

No knowledge other than some of the Disney blogs have said that in past years some tickets (not many) were made available at the hotels or via walk-up at the ticket booth. Needless to say, this would be extremely hit and miss and requiring a good slice of luck to obtain. I wouldn't want to book a Disney hotel for the small chance of getting a ticket, but of course it's your holiday and your prerogative.
We’re already booked at Disneyland Hotel. We just booked tickets for Knott’s Scary Farm. The super fans who sold out Oogie Boogie within minutes can just have it and go collect their tons of candy, which we would not have done anyway. We don’t care that much anymore. We’ll go collect some roller coasters, haunted houses, and boysenberry soda at Knott’s instead.

asianway

We’re already booked at Disneyland Hotel. We just booked tickets for Knott’s Scary Farm. The super fans who sold out Oogie Boogie within minutes can just have it and go collect their tons of candy, which we would not have done anyway. We don’t care that much anymore. We’ll go collect some roller coasters, haunted houses, and boysenberry soda at Knott’s instead.
Be at the front desk 6am

Californian Elitist

The good thing is Disneyland does their own Halloween thing, in a sense, and you don’t have to pay extra! You get fireworks, Haunted Mansion Holiday, decor, and speciality foods.

I hope you and hubby have a great time at both Disneyland and Knott’s.🙂

CaptinEO

The good thing is Disneyland does their own Halloween thing, in a sense, and you don’t have to pay extra! You get fireworks, Haunted Mansion Holiday, decor, and speciality foods.

I hope you and hubby have a great time at both Disneyland and Knott’s.🙂
Kudos to DCA for taking over the Halloween ticket event so Disneyland can stay upon for normal guests.

PiratesMansion

Thanks but too late for us. We already have Knott’s Scary Farm tickets for that evening,
You'll love Scary Farm! The whole park more or less becomes a scare zone.

Of the returning mazes that I've experienced (admittedly not a whole lot of them, I haven't been since 2019), Calico Origins was my favorite and Dark Entities the one least for me.

If you're willing to splurge a bit beyond admission, though pricey, the Fast/Fright Lane Combo is a big help at getting through the lines pretty quickly.

If that's not in the cards (it IS a ton of money per person), a more modestly priced upgrade that offers a huge advantage is the Boofet dinner. For about $50/person, you get dinner taken care of during the window that the park is closed and is transitioning to the event-a buffet of various traditional Knott's items and themed Halloween foods, while Scareactors are available for interactions or photos if desired. You get a good sampling of items without having to worry about wasting time eating during the event. After eating, you get a HUGE unadvertised perk-GhostRider opens about 30 minutes after the regular park operating day ends, and if you want to do this ride at all (one of my favorite coasters ever), THIS is the time-finish eating by about 6 or so, and you can have the ride almost to yourself for about 30 minutes-even with Fastlane during Haunt (or during regular park hours on a weekday, when the park is otherwise slow) the GhostRider line is VERY slow and you will waste a fair amount of time trying to do it (well over an hour if you try and do it during Scary Farm WITHOUT Fastlane at the very least). Then at about 6:30, they'll open up the four mazes closest to Ghostrider (Waxworks, Depths, Dark Entities, and a newer one that I haven't experienced). That will allow you to do four mazes before the rest of the park opens. Time it right, and you can watch the opening moment where the scareactors LUNGE at the entering crowd!

But no matter what, it's a fantastic event! So excited to be going back!

BuddyThomas

You'll love Scary Farm! The whole park more or less becomes a scare zone.

Of the returning mazes that I've experienced (admittedly not a whole lot of them, I haven't been since 2019), Calico Origins was my favorite and Dark Entities the one least for me.

If you're willing to splurge a bit beyond admission, though pricey, the Fast/Fright Lane Combo is a big help at getting through the lines pretty quickly.

If that's not in the cards (it IS a ton of money per person), a more modestly priced upgrade that offers a huge advantage is the Boofet dinner. For about $50/person, you get dinner taken care of during the window that the park is closed and is transitioning to the event-a buffet of various traditional Knott's items and themed Halloween foods, while Scareactors are available for interactions or photos if desired. You get a good sampling of items without having to worry about wasting time eating during the event. After eating, you get a HUGE unadvertised perk-GhostRider opens about 30 minutes after the regular park operating day ends, and if you want to do this ride at all (one of my favorite coasters ever), THIS is the time-finish eating by about 6 or so, and you can have the ride almost to yourself for about 30 minutes-even with Fastlane during Haunt (or during regular park hours on a weekday, when the park is otherwise slow) the GhostRider line is VERY slow and you will waste a fair amount of time trying to do it (well over an hour if you try and do it during Scary Farm WITHOUT Fastlane at the very least). Then at about 6:30, they'll open up the four mazes closest to Ghostrider (Waxworks, Depths, Dark Entities, and a newer one that I haven't experienced). That will allow you to do four mazes before the rest of the park opens. Time it right, and you can watch the opening moment where the scareactors LUNGE at the entering crowd!

But no matter what, it's a fantastic event! So excited to be going back!
Thank you for taking the time to post so much useful information. I really appreciate it. ❤️❤️

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom