One Sentence Competition - Season 3 Episode 1

spacemt354

Chili's
Disney's Sicilian Resort and Spa
20160622_053014_zps1yfzy9mq.jpg

Located in between Disney's Coronado Springs Resort and World Drive, will be Disney's Sicilian Resort and Spa. Designed after the beauty and majesty of Italian coastal villages, this new moderate and future DVC resort is 95 ft tall (adding a new icon to the WDW skyline) with its unorthodox design being carved into a mountain side, with a lagoon to the side.

The resort features all the amenities of a of a moderate, including 3 dining locations, a marketplace (seen in the image), boat/bike rentals, as well as a cave walk through the mountains below the resort itself.

FigmentPigments

HOTEL HOLLYWOOD

One thing Disney World does not have that is becoming a common theme in other parks is a hotel that has its own entrance directly into a park, but not only will this new hotel fill that criteria, it will also be the first hotel directly associated with Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

r-1352081751-TowerOfTerror3.jpg
Located directly behind the Tower of Terror, the Hotel Hollywood’s back story centers around the former owners trying to capitalize on the haunted atmosphere of the original Hollywood Tower Hotel and built wings in the same style and vein of the Tower, and even offer themed rooms with “haunting” effects.

Besides entering the park through its own entrance located near the Tower of Terror and offering guests the opportunity to be the first ones to ride the Tower of Terror and Rock n’ Rollercoaster as soon as the park opens, guests staying at this hotel will be offered special tours of the Tower of Terror, be able to participate in a special search and find clue quest (in the hotel )centering around the mystery of Halloween night and the disappearance of those 5 elevator occupants; and for those guests staying during October, there are parties recreating that fateful night complete with “character” interactions.

Bonus: Hong Kong Disneyland will also gain a similar hotel themed around the supernatural happenings at Mystic Manor, and it will also back up to the attraction, sharing the Garden of Wonders as its entrance into the park.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Here are the video reviews. I'm a bit under the weather, so they might not be as good as usual lol. And I kept having to move to different, more private parts of the hotel lobby. I might try to stick to the parks for filming. Hotels are too quiet haha

Honorable Mention
honorable-mention-ribbon-1020-1-25-jpg.173155

@Magic Feather
The dome hotel is a cool idea. But domes just arent a practical shape to hold a lot of rooms. If these were DVC villas where they didn't have to hold a lot of rooms, this would've worked better. The idea of a time hotel was cool enough to earn an honorable mention though.

Bronze Medal
bronze_medal.png

@FigmentPigments
Like I said, my only real concern is sightlines. Having a second, Tower of Terror like structure built basically next to Tower of Terror might look weird. Still a cool idea, but that a enough to know you down to bronze in another very tough round to judge.
Silver Medal
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

@spacemt354
A really great resort. Really creative too. This probably felt the most realistic in a lot of ways. The impracticality of a mountain being built hurt it, but still was extremely clever and a great blue sky style concept.

Gold Medal
gold_medal.png

@Sephirenn
Overall, I just really like this. It feels like a great extension of Epcot. My only complaints with this are really just minor nitpicks. This is a fantastic idea!

Congrats again everyone! I know we had a lower turn out than usual, but thank you for making this round still turn out great! And, for anyone who missed this round (I know there's a lot going on right now on the site), there will be a catch up round after prompt 7.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Prompt 7
Watching the Planet Watch

Rafiki-The-Lion-King-11.jpeg

-Scenario-
Animal Kingdom is one of the most incredible theme parks in the world. Even by Disney standards it is amazing. (I'm even a big Dinoland fan, including Chester and Hester. Don't tell anyone, I don't want to lose my Disney street cred lol). One land stands out as being... not so great. It's not bad, but Rafiki's Planet Watch is probably the easiest to overlook in the park. There's nothing that really jumps out about it, especially when compared to the other parts of Animal Kingdom

conservation-station-gallery01.jpg

-Challenge-
Armchair Imagineers, your challenge is to either update Rafiki's Planet Watch to make it a must do for every visit or to replace it with something new.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture. The deadline will be at noon on Friday, Febuary 17th

Also, you need to keep it as a separated land. It needs to be built with a train ride or other transportation ride necessary get there.

-Bonus-
Disney loves to take everything they build and build it again somewhere else. As a bonus, you may use 1 additional sentence to describe where you would add a clone of your land to one of the other Disney Parks around the world.

The bonus is mostly just for fun and will only effect judging if two ideas are equally good and I need a tie breaker OR if the bonus is exceptionally well done.

-tips-
K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly. Try not to over complicate or over think things too much. Focus on the big picture. Don't miss the forest for the trees. All that good stuff.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

As always, anyone is welcome to join in. Newcomers, veterans, anyone who wants to propose an idea!​

spacemt354

Chili's
Here are the video reviews. I'm a bit under the weather, so they might not be as good as usual lol. And I kept having to move to different, more private parts of the hotel lobby. I might try to stick to the parks for filming. Hotels are too quiet haha

Honorable Mention
honorable-mention-ribbon-1020-1-25-jpg.173155

@Magic Feather
The dome hotel is a cool idea. But domes just arent a practical shape to hold a lot of rooms. If these were DVC villas where they didn't have to hold a lot of rooms, this would've worked better. The idea of a time hotel was cool enough to earn an honorable mention though.

Bronze Medal
bronze_medal.png

@FigmentPigments
Like I said, my only real concern is sightlines. Having a second, Tower of Terror like structure built basically next to Tower of Terror might look weird. Still a cool idea, but that a enough to know you down to bronze in another very tough round to judge.
Silver Medal
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

@spacemt354
A really great resort. Really creative too. This probably felt the most realistic in a lot of ways. The impracticality of a mountain being built hurt it, but still was extremely clever and a great blue sky style concept.

Gold Medal
gold_medal.png

@Sephirenn
Overall, I just really like this. It feels like a great extension of Epcot. My only complaints with this are really just minor nitpicks. This is a fantastic idea!

Congrats again everyone! I know we had a lower turn out than usual, but thank you for making this round still turn out great! And, for anyone who missed this round (I know there's a lot going on right now on the site), there will be a catch up round after prompt 7.​

Loved the video review at Wilderness Lodge (my favorite!) And it is my drawing, but from last year haha

Back in my "prime" :p I used to do a lot of illustrations for these projects. But they take a lot of time, that sadly I don't have right now. Over the summer though -- I may get back to it!

This is the project if you want to take a look!:)
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ering-competition.910068/page-48#post-7292492

Sephirenn

Great video reviews, love the ambiance of the backgrounds you get to walk around in! And you are certainly putting in quite the time commitment to go to the resort/parks to film them, much appreciated!

This was one of my favorites to design for so far, and I really felt the pressures of only using 3 sentences! There was so much more I could have elaborated on (even on just how the monorail would work, etc). Anyway, great job with this comp so far!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Great video reviews, love the ambiance of the backgrounds you get to walk around in! And you are certainly putting in quite the time commitment to go to the resort/parks to film them, much appreciated!

This was one of my favorites to design for so far, and I really felt the pressures of only using 3 sentences! There was so much more I could have elaborated on (even on just how the monorail would work, etc). Anyway, great job with this comp so far!
Thanks! Great job as a contestant so far! If to are really passionate about your hotel, why not develop it further! Not for this competition, but you can do a whole write up to post on the forum if you'd like! I'd love to see it

Magic Feather

Harambe Wildlife Reserve Animal Education Facility

On the Wildlife Express, Warden Wilson will tell guests as to how the Harambe Wildlife reserve teamed up with the Disney Conservation Fund to build a state of the art facility to care for the well being of the animals. We arrive in a forest, as guides show us the way to a well built African hut. Inside, a variety of animal education exhibits, and views into the veterinary procedure areas can be found, as well as enhanced petting zoo, and a renovated look for animal barns with warm wood looks to blend in with the train.

Sephirenn

Press Release

OSC Corp is proud to announce that Yensid is back from the Keyblade worlds and has set up shop in the Animal Kingdom; he has transformed Rafiki's Planet Watch into a 3-prong project of his own meant to keep the real-life animals of classic Disney films safe from the heartless.

Yensid's Creature Conclave

Arrival to Yensid's Creature Conclave is achieved by boarding the Destiny Island Express trains; these trains use the same track as the Wildlife Express, except the cars have been replaced with cars similar to the Hogwarts Express trains; you never know which famous Disney characters may wander by your train room and your ride could be different every time!

tHHLadj.png

Once you're arrived, you will travel down the Bastion Path and through the Bastion Huts (containing yearly rotating live baby animal exhibits from Disney movies, i.e. baby merrkat presented as Timon, baby deer presented as Bambi, etc), before finally taking a ride on "Living with Our (Kingdom) Hearts", an omnimover ride similar to "Living with the Land" with both constructed scenes and behind the scenes views into Animal Kingdom's animal care facilities (with a light sprinkling of Kingdom Hearts environmental theming).

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
@FigmentPigments
@S.P.E.W
@David2319
@Tony the Tigger
@Michel Lichand
@RMichael21
@spacemt354

Don't forget, the deadline for this prompt is Friday at 5 PM. A little over 17 hours from now.
51ZTO7a%2BQ3L._AC_UL250_SR170,250_.jpg

(I lost my master list of contestants and I'm too tired to remake it right now and just took this from an old post lol, so I apologize if I missed tagging anyone lol)

The next prompt will be the catch up round, so if you've missed prompts, don't worry! You can feel free to join back in!

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
GWC-logo-1teoplf.jpg

The one "style" of attraction that Disney's Animal Kingdom is missing is a D-ticket dark ride without a height requirement, and that is what Rafiki's Planet Watch will be turned into -- presenting the Global Wildlife Conservation attraction. Similar to Living With The Land at Epcot, this attraction will be a dark ride exploring how Conservation Station animal researchers have helped rescue animals from their habitats or from extinction. The first half of the attraction takes you through the different biomes that the animals were rescued from, and the second half of the attraction is a tour of the conservation station, seeing how animals are treated and cared for, along with new developmental techniques used to help the animals' longevity at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

DlpPhantom

The Endangered Encounter

This replacement of Rafiki's Planet Watch focuses on home you can make a difference in the conservation of animal wildlife. Small animal exhibits are built to showcase some endangered species. The animal hospital windows will remain.

It will be cloned in Shanghai Disneyland's Tomorrowland. The focus will be on Chinese animal but sadly the animal hospital will be removed.

FigmentPigments

Nature's Neighborhood:
Now Open At Conservation Station
After guests disembark at the train depot and pass by several new interactive exhibits along the way, they will eventually encounter the newly expanded Conservation Station that features the all-new area: Nature’s Neighborhood.

This new area (on the other side of the Affection Section) will feature a small aviary filled with Lorikeets that guests can feed nectar to, an Insectarium and butterfly house, and several new animal exhibits like echidnas, aardvarks, Tasmanian devils, tree kangaroos, foxes, and otters.

These new exhibits though will bring guests closer to the animals than ever before as guests can take a slide through the watery world of otters, climb into the “trees” to see tree frogs, and best of all, observation domes that let guests come face to face with these magnificent creatures.

under+the+dome.JPG

Bonus: Over at California Adventure and more specifically in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, Nature's Neighborhood has been recreated to feature animals found in California and thereby tying it into Wilderness Explorers theme that can already be found there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom