One Sentence Competition - Season 3 Episode 1

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Here are the video reviews! I relieved while uploading this that every single day I've filmed I've had hat hair or something like that going on lol. I promise I usually look better than I have on these videos haha.

As I type this, I am watching Rivers of Light through a disappointingly small hole in the trees as I wait in lime for the 8:30 showing!

Honorable Mention
honorable-mention-ribbon-1020-1-25-jpg.173155

@Magic Feather
@DlpPhantom
I am giving you both the HM since you both had very solid ideas, but didn't quite change or update it enough to fix the problems with Planet Watch.

Bronze Medal
bronze_medal.png

@Sephirenn
I love Kingdom Hearts so much! But it felt like an odd choice as an over arching theme. Even used in moderation. But there was a lot of very strong ideas! I was very torn on this, but eventually decided on bronze.

Silver Medal
94e277b35b521e8bfef0d840a52aceab.png

@FigmentPigments
This was a really strong idea (a really strong bonus too)! There are a lot of animal trails at Animal Kingdom though. I'd almost rather this be used as an update for an existing animal trail. But still very strong proposal!
Gold Medal
gold_medal.png

@spacemt354
This was just a very clever, simple idea that would be perfect for Animal Kingdom! It's the type of thing where when I read it, I wondered why Animal Kingdom didn't have it already.

Congrats again everyone! Thanks again for making the season great so far! We have only 3 prompts left this episode! Before prompt 8, we will have the catch up round that I will explain shortly. And I'll be adding up the scores so far either tonight or tomorrow morning!​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Catch Up Time!

Did you say ketchup?
heinz-ketchup-24-14-oz-bottles-case.jpg

No! Catch Up!

Did you say Ketchum?
g8rsni6hyxkdiy42imzs.jpg

No! Catch Up!

It's time that you can make up all the prompts you may have missed! Did you spend all your time in the Creator Games or SYWTBAI and missed your chance to submit for the 1 sentence competition? Did you get busy with life or school or work and miss a prompt or two? Have you been in a coma for the last 47.3 years and are now trying to catch up on your Armchair Imagineering?

Whatever the reason, now's your chance!
-------------------------------------------------
So, the One Sentence Comp isn't super competitive, but it is still a competition.

Usually for a prompt, you get 1 point for every submission, 2 points for either a bronze or silver medal, and 3 points for a good medal.

In the Catch up round, you can submit any prompt you missed and get the 1 point for participation. If I believe your Catch up proposal would have taken gold for that round, you get 2 points!

If you submitted for a prompt but did not get a bronze, silver, or gold medal, you can submit a brand new idea for that prompt and get a bonus point if i believe your new proposal would've taken either silver or gold.

Alright, have I over complicated things enough? Feel free to ask questions! You will have 1 week to submit catch up prompts! So, you have until 11:59 PM on Friday, February 24th!

Anyone can join in on the catch up! Even if you haven't done a single 1 sentence prompt!

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Here are the point rankings so far!
Over all, very close! Remember, you can do any prompts you missed over the next week or redo any prompts you didn't get a medal for to try to get one now!

And @Tony the Tigger , @michmousefan , and anyone else who expresses interest, but weren't able to participate, now is your time to try to catch up! You have a while week! That's just one prompt a day and then you can be in the running to win!

Lastly, just a reminder, the "prize" for winning is the chance to be the host/judge of the next episode (if you want to, it isn't required and you can feel free to say no).

spacemt354

Chili's
Here are the point rankings so far!

@spacemt354 - 13
@Sephirenn - 12
@DlpPhantom - 8
@kmbmw777 - 6
@Magic Feather - 9
@FigmentPigments - 15
@David2319 - 5
@jsurbs - 2
@tcool123 - 1

Over all, very close! Remember, you can do any prompts you missed over the next week or redo any prompts you didn't get a medal for to try to get one now!

And @Tony the Tigger , @michmousefan , and anyone else who expresses interest, but weren't able to participate, now is your time to try to catch up! You have a while week! That's just one prompt a day and then you can be in the running to win!

Lastly, just a reminder, the "prize" for winning is the chance to be the host/judge of the next episode (if you want to, it isn't required and you can feel free to say no).
Random question -- but where do you work again for the DCP? Lol -- you might have a visitor tonight.

spacemt354

Chili's
The ice cream parlor on main street. I work 6 to park close, so feel free to say hi! (Of course, I could very well be in the back lol)
Ok that's what I thought

It's not me haha :p But Red said she was in the Magic Kingdom tonight and I was like...I'm pretty sure Pi works there.:joyfull: I thought it was the ice cream parlor -- cool! She will probably stop by.

MonorailRed

Applebees
The ice cream parlor on main street. I work 6 to park close, so feel free to say hi! (Of course, I could very well be in the back lol)

But Red said she was in the Magic Kingdom tonight and I was like...I'm pretty sure Pi works there.:joyfull: I thought it was the ice cream parlor -- cool! She will probably stop by.

I would stop by too but
unfortunately I'm not in WDW:grumpy:

Cool! (Get it, cool? Cuz ice cream is cold!)

I saw you over there around 7ish! :eek: Seemed you guys were pretty busy with lines out the door so I didn't say Hi :hilarious: Hope it wasn't too crazy... I know the park was packed tonight. o_O

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I saw you over there around 7ish! :eek: Seemed you guys were pretty busy with lines out the door so I didn't say Hi :hilarious: Hope it wasn't too crazy... I know the park was packed tonight. o_O
Our computer system was giving orders to the scoopers out of order and I happened to be Filler (the go between for scoopers and customers) right when it started lol. The person I took over for told me "everything's wrong. It's all f****ed up. Good luck" so that was fun for my first day without a trainer lol. It's usually a bit less hectic than that haha

Sorry I missed you! Some other time!

spacemt354

Chili's

Alright, have I over complicated things enough? Feel free to ask questions! You will have 1 week to submit catch up prompts! So, you have until 11:59 PM on Friday, February 21st!

Anyone can join in on the catch up! Even if you haven't done a single 1 sentence prompt!
For a second I thought I missed the due date last Friday:eek: Then I realized it's only the 19th :p

Do you mean Tuesday the 21st or Friday the 24th?

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Sign me up!
Happy to have you! It's a competition that is primarily judged on a base idea. You can go as detailed or as vague as you'd like (as long long you stay within the sentence count). Sometimes more details help, but they've also hurt people before in this competition.

Main thing to remember is that this is like 95% for fun rather than competitiveness.

You have until Friday to catch up on all the previous prompts if you want to be in the running with points! Or you can just join in with the next prompt and just play for fun! It's up to you

StevenU

Happy to have you! It's a competition that is primarily judged on a base idea. You can go as detailed or as vague as you'd like (as long long you stay within the sentence count). Sometimes more details help, but they've also hurt people before in this competition.

Main thing to remember is that this is like 95% for fun rather than competitiveness.

You have until Friday to catch up on all the previous prompts if you want to be in the running with points! Or you can just join in with the next prompt and just play for fun! It's up to you
Ok great will do the catch up prompts

michmousefan

OK, a couple of catch-up prompts... even if it feels like cheating a bit(!)

Prompt 5:
Spaceship Earth (can't really improve on the name, so why try)

o-NEIL-DEGRASSE-TYSON-facebook.jpg

A renewed Spaceship Earth attraction will soon welcome guests at Epcot's Future World, featuring Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson as the ride's narrator and host, who will also appear as a newly created audio-animatronic figure that guests will encounter soon after they begin the ascent into the attraction, providing a proper welcome to the centerpiece of Future World. Aside from a new digitally-projected star field on the inside of the attraction's dome, the first part of the ride will remain relatively unchanged from earlier versions, but the descent stage, after the planetarium area, will be all-new. Accompanied by new narration and musical score, ride vehicles will pass through a 360 degree hi-def screen "tunnel" for most of the ride down, with projections surrounding them on all sides and above, delivering a stunning high-energy finale and renewing the optimistic message of Future World.

Bonus: The finale screen content can be easily changed, so a Spaceship Earth holiday greeting, akin to the ROE "Peace on Earth" tag can run from Thanksgiving through the new year.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
OK, a couple of catch-up prompts... even if it feels like cheating a bit(!)

Prompt 5:
Spaceship Earth (can't really improve on the name, so why try)

View attachment 191024
A renewed Spaceship Earth attraction will soon welcome guests at Epcot's Future World, featuring Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson as the ride's narrator and host, who will also appear as a newly created audio-animatronic figure that guests will encounter soon after they begin the ascent into the attraction, providing a proper welcome to the centerpiece of Future World. Aside from a new digitally-projected star field on the inside of the attraction's dome, the first part of the ride will remain relatively unchanged from earlier versions, but the descent stage, after the planetarium area, will be all-new. Accompanied by new narration and musical score, ride vehicles will pass through a 360 degree hi-def screen "tunnel" for most of the ride down, with projections surrounding them on all sides and above, delivering a stunning high-energy finale and renewing the optimistic message of Future World.

Bonus: The finale screen content can be easily changed, so a Spaceship Earth holiday greeting, akin to the ROE "Peace on Earth" tag can run from Thanksgiving through the new year.
Lol don't worry, it's not cheating. There's no eliminations and the points are mostly just for fun. Do all the catch up prompts you want! (Good job on this by the way!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom