Official Photography Contest 2/17 - 2/23 Disney Princess Contest

mrtoad

nibblesandbits said:
I think I've caused enough controversy for the week...:hammer: So for now I will say no, as the rules stipulate:

I believe that while you can do it in a dark room, by changing the photograph to B&W you are changing this into a photo-editing contest. So, sorry Mike, but I'm going to have to say that the photo must be kept the way it is. But thanks for asking! :wave:

No biggie, that is what I thought anyway just figured since Rob brought it up I would ask.

BwanaBob

Here's how I get around the whole casting thing!...

(literally!)...

Princess.JPG

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
JROK said:
Well Disney's view is that they cast princesses that can play multiple roles, as well as look just like the other people in the roles... then there's Equity Performers which are all dancers and singers... but yea... Disney casting is not too great...
oh, I know Disney's view... but I don't agree with it, since Disney's view isn't what the character looks like at time.

I can understand casting a blank page to do a role, but when the black page looks like a Perfect Snow White and a Perfect Belle, why should she be a half-assed Ariel? I understand the politics, but I'm a freak for good show, and that isn't good show.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
nibs,

need a drink? Since I caused it, I'm picking up the whole round.

mrtoad

mkt said:
oh, I know Disney's view... but I don't agree with it, since Disney's view isn't what the character looks like at time.

I can understand casting a blank page to do a role, but when the black page looks like a Perfect Snow White and a Perfect Belle, why should she be a half-assed Ariel? I understand the politics, but I'm a freak for good show, and that isn't good show.

We are constantly seeing bad Auroras. We have had them range from one that looks like she should be in a girl heavy metal band to one who's eye brows were way too dark where she should have been snow white instead which she was because I have seen her play sw as well.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
TAC said:
Ok. I want to apologize for my tone. I didn't mean to jump all over you. It was a bad way for me to point out your post.

Sorry. :eek: :( :wave:

Even though I have not submitted, I still enjoy the contests. PLEASE keep them going. :)
It's really ok...I just re-read the original post about posting pics of yourself and did realize that it was a little vague...sorry if there was any miscommunication there.

(P.S. You should submit one sometime! :wave: )

ZapperZ

nibblesandbits said:
I also understand that people can take pictures of themselves...however, it is pretty easy to see if that person has taken it themself or if someone else has taken it. (If I see below the upper third of their body and know it's them, I'm going to assume they didn't take it themself, unless they let me know otherwise.) With Brett's photo, you could clearly see his feet, therefore, it was not available to use for the contest. I had every intention of including Alicia's photograph in the contest, just so you know. I was mostly talking to the two photographs above that one. (Brett, who fixed his and I believed ZapperZ's to be him in the photo.)

Er.. no. That's not me. That's my partner who I asked to sit on the bench at World of Disney so I can take his picture. I had his permission to use his picture for the contest.

Zz.

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
ZapperZ said:
Er.. no. That's not me. That's my partner who I asked to sit on the bench at World of Disney so I can take his picture. I had his permission to use his picture for the contest.

Zz.
Ok then...I guess I'll be including it. :D

TiggerBW

TAC said:
Oh, I plan to. I just got a digital camera, but we have no WDW trips planned. :( :cry: However, all the 35mm film I had processed to a CD. :sohappy: Now I have to pick it up. :eek:

yes! do that TAC. pick it up! come on now! ha ha
just kidding
Hope you are doing well! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom