Official Photography Contest 2/17 - 2/23 Disney Princess Contest

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
darthdarrel said:
Then with that same logic Wendy and Meg,Mulan and Pocahantas, and Alice should be allowed aswell.:veryconfu

This is supposed to be a fun contest, do we have to complicate everything?

For the sake of THIS contest, the moderator has spoken, lets not turn it into a debate...........K?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
mrtoad said:
This shot looks much better after I converted it to B&W but for the contest there is no alterations accepted so here it is in it's original color form...

54567563-L.jpg

Nice picture and cute face....but are those freckles on her arms? Just goes to show that a fair skinned merperson should not go out in the sun....:eek:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
ClemsonTigger said:
Nice picture and cute face....but are those freckles on her arms? Just goes to show that a fair skinned merperson should not go out in the sun....:eek:

Yes, Triton will have proof of her spending too much time "topside" :lol:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
here's the thing. Disney is the ONLY company in the world in which you could be told two entirely different things, both of which can be entirely contradictory, and still have them both be 100% true.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
ClemsonTigger said:
Just shows how Disney is approving people in roles they don't need to be doing

She's cute, but looks nothing like Ariel

JROK

mkt said:
Just shows how Disney is approving people in roles they don't need to be doing

Well Disney's view is that they cast princesses that can play multiple roles, as well as look just like the other people in the roles... then there's Equity Performers which are all dancers and singers... but yea... Disney casting is not too great...

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
Whoa! If I had known this was going to turn into a blood bath I would have never changed my original stipulation in the first place. I guess I regret being nice now as I did not want this to turn sour.

I understood that Mary Poppins was not an "original princess" or one that was "Disney approved" from the website. Which is why she was not on the list originally. However, I thought long and hard about changing the list and decided to go for it.

Also, remember, I did not have to continue these contests. I could have let them go by the wayside. I continued them because they are a fun way for people to see photographs from others and also get ideas of things to take for themselves. (Plus, have a contest included to add to the fun.) If the bickering continues, I will cease the existance of the contests. I don't want to do that, but if I have to, then I will.

Remember, this is all for FUN!

barnum42 said:
It's no longer an issue - Princess Nibbs has spoken and Mary is now an honorary "Disney Princess" :wave:

Thank you Joe for backing me up. While I am aware that Mary isn't an "official" princess, I was given the task of deciding whether or not she should be. I decided that she could be included. Let's just leave it at that please. :wave:

(And thanks for calling me a Princess, Joe! :kiss: )

mrtoad said:
If that is the case, I would love that. nibblesandbits, can you confirm if B&W conversion is OK?

Thanks,
Mike

I think I've caused enough controversy for the week...:hammer: So for now I will say no, as the rules stipulate:

Pictures can not be altered in any way, except to adjust size, crop, or add your own personal watermark. This is a photography contest, not a photo-editing contest

I believe that while you can do it in a dark room, by changing the photograph to B&W you are changing this into a photo-editing contest. So, sorry Mike, but I'm going to have to say that the photo must be kept the way it is. But thanks for asking! :wave:

TAC said:
Whoa! Just because the person submitting the photograph is in the picture, does not mean that the person did not take it himself/herself.

For instance: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=1480730&postcount=15

While I do not know if Alicia actually took that particular photograph, I have seen her take self portraits which indeed look like that.

Also do not forget that if there were an instance where you could set up your camera with a tripod and use a timer, you can be in the picture.

I also understand that people can take pictures of themselves...however, it is pretty easy to see if that person has taken it themself or if someone else has taken it. (If I see below the upper third of their body and know it's them, I'm going to assume they didn't take it themself, unless they let me know otherwise.) With Brett's photo, you could clearly see his feet, therefore, it was not available to use for the contest. I had every intention of including Alicia's photograph in the contest, just so you know. I was mostly talking to the two photographs above that one. (Brett, who fixed his and I believed ZapperZ's to be him in the photo.)

I know it's hard to get used to a new person doing these contests. I am not the same as Brad and I am using my judgement on how these contests will be run. If you have a problem, please feel free to PM me and I will gladly talk with you about it. The last thing I want to do is to alienate someone from entering and will gladly work with you to fix the problem.

Please remember:

These contests are for fun!

RU42

Nibs - you are doing a great job. As someone who runs these same types of contests on a DLR site I can understand your frustration. Don't let the speed bumps get you down. There are a whole lot of people who support this thread and the time you are taking to keep it going.

Keep up the great work and thank you!

RU

Connor002

nibblesandbits said:
Whoa! If I had known this was going to turn into a blood bath I would have never changed my original stipulation in the first place.

Don't mind us... you should know by now we argue over many a pointless cause. :lookaroun

:D :kiss: :p :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom